Debate Can watching horror movies invite spirits in?

solodroid

Hey guys, I think I have asked this before, but I cannot remember. Do you think that watching supernatural thrillers could actually attract evil spirits into your house? I'm asking this, because I have tried the theory. I haven't watched a supernatural horror in about a year and I have had such a peaceful time in my life, and I noticed that when I used to watch these movies, ie: The conjuring, Annabelle, the evil dead etc. I would have constant issues at work, and home... Do you think it's possible? I mean, think about it, where do the people who make these movies get these ideas from? really?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wind7

Staff
Yes and no, it depends totally on the individual experiencing the event.

Some fictional movies use realities such as true daemonic names and ritualistic conjuring to create their dialogue, some mirror true events and activities which can open doors within unsuspecting people causing very real fears of the unknown which can lead to a very real possibility of an actual haunting.

The movies Paranormal Activity 1-3 are very close to the events surrounding an actual haunting for 1 example.

Imho, if someone is disturbed by those types of movies perhaps it would be best to just avoid them.

Miscellaneous

Usually demons or whatever entity won't attack you unless you've "attracted" them with your negativity I think. Like you've been negative for so long that you begin to attract "undesirables" or at least that's what I experienced. I've been literally down so bad that it left me being down both physically and spiritually for a very long time and then the attack happened. I'm fine now thanks to a friendly being I named, "Aden." As for movies—meh. Hollywood over exaggerates and 99.9% of the time don't base it on a true story—or at least not fully because some of the events in the movie are there for the entertainment value and not to reenact what truly happened.

solodroid

I think Wind7 has a point though, with people performing rites and rituals in movies, and even chanting, that could call things up, even into your home can't it? I have heard things like "don't say a demons name out loud, it attracts them to you" so shouldn't those types of things attract them too? And even the series "Supernatural" that has become so occult like, with the chants and incantations, that I don't even watch it anymore...

Wind7

Staff
I agree with miscellaneous that hollyweird takes free license with the story lines to add fictional characters and such to create entertainment.

It is in how these things effect you that may create the problem(s).

Can some movies unto themselves create trouble?
Yes, but the percentage is rather small like miscellaneous said,
I would add that it's around 98℅
give or take.

Fictional movies are usually based upon some truths.

Bottom line is...

...if you're not interested or truly terrified of the subject(s) therein,
avoid them.

Last edited:

Velotak

It depends.

If some of them are magically charged, as in they truly possess the being in question in the very fabric of the movie, then yes.

Sometimes residual energies from real events can seep through and do some damage, but not in the form of a full blown assault.

Sometimes entities attach themselves to any movie, really, and feed off the viewers.

And sometimes it's just paranoia.

Wind7

Staff
It depends.

If some of them are magically charged, as in they truly possess the being in question in the very fabric of the movie, then yes.

Sometimes residual energies from real events can seep through and do some damage, but not in the form of a full blown assault.

Sometimes entities attach themselves to any movie, really, and feed off the viewers.

And sometimes it's just paranoia.

Yes.

Paranoia and other psychological events. Tricky things these,
grim psychology can also be misconstrued as paranormal...

...and vice versa.

I own several of these movies
Velotak speaks of.

Krish

Spirits are everywhere all the time. But if you are a bad person, you will get bad ones ready to do things...:D

bluejay_1919

I am a horror movie lover and have been since I was a little girl. I'm 32 now. My personal opinion is yes it can affect a person, but I dont know if will increase or start up activity around you. I think it really depends on your interest in the occult, paranormal etc. However.... I love all kinds of horror genre, but one I do not watch very often is movies that deal with exorcism and demons. I find it extremely creepy and almost disturbing to my ears when movies use "names" of demons and call them out. Also some ghost hunting shows give me the same creepy vibe when they call out a murderer. That's just me though. I still like a few of those movies like The Rite (I think is what it is called with Anthony Hopkins) and The Exorcism of Emily Rose along with Deliver Us From Evil.

Krish

The catch is...a lot of movies and people who pay $360.00 per seating talk about Santa Claus....Fake as you know it...but people go for it and then write conspiracy stories...it happens...