Schematic Delta Time Generator

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper - a clarification question regarding the coil as it appears in your schematics: Am I correct in thinking that this is 4 pancake-like coils connected in series with air gap between them? And as you call this a Tesla coil, am I correct in thinking that this pancake coil is the coil designed by Tesla, Patent 512340 Jan 9 1894 (pictured here)?

View attachment 8115

No it is not a pancake coil...It is a cylindrical coil, similar to the one in the picture, but much thinner :)..

TimeFlipper

Hi, as i dont know which country you come from, may i make a suggestion that you type into your browser. "where can i buy copper wire from?"..
I feel certain that you will quickly discover a shop near to you that will help you out....Let me know how you get on please :)..

rossnr

Hi, as i dont know which country you come from, may i make a suggestion that you type into your browser. "where can i buy copper wire from?"..
I feel certain that you will quickly discover a shop near to you that will help you out....Let me know how you get on please :)..
I'm in the us. I bought mine at a hardware store. So copper wire is the same as tesla coil?

rossnr

TimeFlipper

I'm in the us. I bought mine at a hardware store. So copper wire is the same as tesla coil?
Copper wire is used for various means, for example it is used in the home for transferring electricity to our fridges, TV`s, computers, electric light bulbs etc etc.....Copper wire is also used for making Tesla Coils. and they are more complex in their construction than other coils....Below is a picture of a miniature Tesla Coil :)..

Last edited:

rossnr

Copper wire is used for various means, for example it is used in the home for transferring electricity to our fridges, TV`s, computers, electric light bulbs etc etc.....Copper wire is also used for making Tesla Coils. and they are more complex in their construction than other coils....Below is a picture of a miniature Tesla Coil :)..

View attachment 8124
How would you make Tesla coil device with quartz crystals? Does anyone know?I wanted to try this from way back. Has anyone attempted to try this?Is it done like the photo at the bottom?

Attachments

• no 7.jpg
    no 7.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 26
  • hdr crystal information.jpg
    hdr crystal information.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 20190507_133020_HDR.jpg
    20190507_133020_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21

Sonix

@TimeFlipper , I'm completely new to coil building and I'm not sure how to combine the info provided about the DTG coil into practical application - .5" diameter coils, 28awg wire, 250 ohms each - do you know what that translates to in terms of number of turns per coil? Also, given the shortness of the tube on which these appear to be wrapped, are these in series (non-overlapping) along the same core? Or are the nested like Matryoshka dolls as the two coils in your photo of a Tesla coil above are?

TimeFlipper

@TimeFlipper , I'm completely new to coil building and I'm not sure how to combine the info provided about the DTG coil into practical application - .5" diameter coils, 28awg wire, 250 ohms each - do you know what that translates to in terms of number of turns per coil? Also, given the shortness of the tube on which these appear to be wrapped, are these in series (non-overlapping) along the same core? Or are the nested like Matryoshka dolls as the two coils in your photo of a Tesla coil above are?

Iam very pleased you asked the questions...Firstly i made an error on the 28awg wire, please choose between 32 or 36awg, my apology for the error..
Ideally you will need a simple Multimeter that measures Resistance...When you are winding the coils, keep using the multimeter to check the resistance of each coil, until you reach the 250 ohms on each of the 4 coils...

Please move forward 2 hours 43 minutes into the shown video, which will put you onto the part where Preston Nichols shows you all about the Delta Time Generator, and how to wind the coils :)..

TimeFlipper

Iam very pleased you asked the questions...Firstly i made an error on the 28awg wire, please choose between 32 or 36awg, my apology for the error..
You will need a simple Multimeter that measures Resistance...When you are winding the coils, keep using the multimeter to check the resistance of each coil, until you reach the 250 ohms on each of the 4 coils...

Please move forward 2 hours 43 minutes into the shown video, which will put you onto the part where Preston Nichols shows you all about the Delta Time Generator, and how to wind the coils :)..