Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side?

Witch Hunt

Better than 70% of us start our moral thinking with the Golden Rule.

We are basically all the same. We all follow the same basic instincts.

Regards
DL

Saying that we are all basically the same is exactly like saying we have differences, right? We are not the same. Some are taller, some are thinner and some are smarter. That's nature and all of the well meaning egalitarian people in the world, re-writing all of the textbooks in the world, aren't going to change that.

Witch Hunt

Really?

Not knowing your nationality or color, let me ask you, if you were only able to save one in some kind of emergency, and you had to choose between one in your own and some other color or nationality, which would you choose and why?

Regards
DL

The one that is easiest to save. Or children.

Witch Hunt

Medicine is a science and the vast majority of scientists are not believers.

Check your favorite pollster.

Regards
DL

Oh I know a majority are atheists, but that is not what I was talking about. I was wondering about how many are not. I mean really not an atheist. More agnostic than atheist

Witch Hunt

The media is not the entity emptying guns into the back of the non-whites.

Regards
DL

What is the context of that incident? What are the facts of that case? Are you talking about Jacob Blake? There is phone camera footage and eyewitness testimony from black eyewitnesses that prove the cops story.

Witch Hunt

The more knowledgeable would be the non-believers as they have not fallen into supernaturally stupid thinking.

You might wonder why the religious are so gullible and immoral enough to adore a genocidal god.

Being knowledgeable and being smart are not the same thing. And if being devoutly religious doesn't necessarily make you a better person morally then how can being an atheist mean that you are smarter or more knowledgeable than a devout believer.

You are making broad sweeping generalizations. That is not very scientific. LOL

Yeats

The only positive aspect of racism belongs in man's distant past. It was once necessary for survival. Now it is not.

Racism cannot be justified by pointing to our more animalistic ancestors whose reason was not yet evolved enough to be able to overrule their passions.

There is no present-day argument in favor of racism, and in our day it has no positive side.

Gnostic Christian

Oh I know a majority are atheists, but that is not what I was talking about. I was wondering about how many are not. I mean really not an atheist. More agnostic than atheist

Again, ask your favorite pollster.

I have not bothered to check mine, but if I am to believe Bishop Spong and his stats of 95% of, Sweds I think it was, who report an affiliation to a religion, go to church less than once a year.

It is obvious that the affiliated are basically lying or such semi Christian that they can be put with the non-believers.

Regards
DL