E.T. contacts, part one, galactic light beings

Voyageur

I guess most on here are pretty pessimistic about it.

I don't think it will happen. A major Earth changing catastrophe like that doesn't suit anyone's agenda (human or alien). The slow burn suits them all better, decade upon d....war and disease and the gradual suffocation of most of the human race whilst the rich get richer and remain relatively untouched by it all whilst 99% of the planets population suffer. The slower burn is easier to control, an instant earth wide catastrophe would be too unpredictable.

... and besides, who would be left to buy the oil! ;)
I think this is at least more realistic view on future than some sort of destruction. If someone would destory us, they would probably have done it already. But what I believe is that we will come more together, allowing everybody to be who he/she wants to be, and try to give all at least minimun needs. And we will try to courage others to succeed in their lives and we will find ways to let go of the negativities in our lives which cause bad actions.

I personally believe that even the rich wants that the world can get along together, even some of them thinks egoistically as we are thinking too around some subjects. I do not believe they are bad in anyway. They are just humans too (or some of them can be in touch with other lifeforms as well). They have their own interests, some of them does not cause so much positive outcomes, but I do not see they are evil.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Depends how you measure evil.

I would love a pair of your rose tinted glasses ;)

I think the rich only wants the world to get on better so that they can continue to make money and not for any noble cause.

Voyageur

Depends how you measure evil.

I would love a pair of your rose tinted glasses ;)

I think the rich only wants the world to get on better so that they can continue to make money and not for any noble cause.
But does that matter? World will be a better place. If we are goal-oriented, it does not matter how do we get there :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
There is some truth in that but how do we evolve as a species. If we are controlled and subservient then that suppresses our energy and creativity, our thought processes become dulled. We will evolve at a much slower rate.