Evidence of Advanced Civilizations living on Earth more than 100,000 years ago?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Ok, let's pretend the sun doesn't implode. The moon can detach from orbit? Seriously???! Would it then orbit the sun?

The moon may have reversed direction and is now spiraling inward toward the earth. Scientists discovered in 2020 that the earth's rotation speed sped up. There is no general consensus on why this is happening. But we know a spinning ice skaters rotational speed will speed up when their arms are pulled inward.

What speed is Earth’s rotation? | BBC Science Focus Magazine

Harte

Ok, let's pretend the sun doesn't implode. The moon can detach from orbit? Seriously???! Would it then orbit the sun?
No.
Like I said, the Moon will stop receding once the Earth and Moon are fully tidally locked.
You know the Moon always has the same side facing the Earth, right? When we are fully locked, the Earth will always have the same side facing the Moon as well.
At that point, the Moon will no longer be receding.

One other point - the Sun will not implode.
The Sun will become a Red Giant star and will engulf Mercury and Venus - probably Earth as well - but possibly not Mars.

Harte

Harte

It was from the glancing impact of another planet, taking a slice off the Earth that later became known as the Moon..
Actually, we absorbed the iron core of that other planet, so it wasn't glancing.
If that hadn't happened, we would probably not be here.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Actually, we absorbed the iron core of that other planet, so it wasn't glancing.
If that hadn't happened, we would probably not be here.

Harte
If that other planet was larger than about 60 miles and had hit us at full force, we wouldnt be here right now...Blimey even a sizeable asteroid could wipe us out, let alone another planet that we have no idea of its actual size Hartey...Therefore i shall stick with the adjective Glancing, and of course you have the right to post your own conjectures :D..

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
No.
Like I said, the Moon will stop receding once the Earth and Moon are fully tidally locked.
You know the Moon always has the same side facing the Earth, right? When we are fully locked, the Earth will always have the same side facing the Moon as well.
At that point, the Moon will no longer be receding.

One other point - the Sun will not implode.
The Sun will become a Red Giant star and will engulf Mercury and Venus - probably Earth as well - but possibly not Mars.

Harte

I missed that part. Thank you. I didn't think Earth could actually "lose" the moon. Won't the sun implode when it dies?

Wind7

Staff
I missed that part. Thank you. I didn't think Earth could actually "lose" the moon. Won't the sun implode when it dies?
If I may.

The sun won't implode (right away), but will expand when it comes to the stage
where it has used up the hydrogen from its core and then will start to use its helium.
This forces the transition into a Red Giant.

IIRC, It will expand out to somewhere around 1 astronomical unit,
which is considered to be the current average Earth-Sun distance.

This means the Sun will gradually engulf Mercury, Venus, and most likely Earth.

After about oh, another billion years......
the sun WILL EVENTUALLY Shrink into a White Dwarf
and give off much less energy than it did when it was a 'Class G Star'.

Last edited:

Harte

If that other planet was larger than about 60 miles and had hit us at full force, we wouldnt be here right now...Blimey even a sizeable asteroid could wipe us out, let alone another planet that we have no idea of its actual size Hartey...Therefore i shall stick with the adjective Glancing, and of course you have the right to post your own conjectures :D..
The Earth wasn't solid at the time.
Glancing doesn't get us the extra iron core we have (and the Moon lacks.)

Harte