Media Gay marriage approved in Germany

Carl Miller

Parliament in Germany Approves Same-Sex Marriage
By ALISON SMALE and DAVID SHIMERJUNE 30, 2017

Photo
01Germany5-superJumbo.jpg

The German Parliament’s vote on Friday to legalize same-sex marriage resulted in jubilation in Berlin. Credit Fabrizio Bensch/Reuters
BERLIN — Lawmakers in Germany voted on Friday to allow same-sex marriage after a brisk but emotional debate in Parliament, setting the stage for the country to join more than a dozen European nations — including Ireland, France and Spain — in legalizing such unions.

The historic decision came with a swiftness rare in Germany’s usually staid politics, after Chancellor Angela Merkel unexpectedly eased her conservative party’s opposition to gay marriage and said she would allow lawmakers to vote their conscience on the measure, although she ultimately voted against it.

Ms. Merkel’s softened resistance paved the way for her coalition partners in the Social Democratic Party and two other political groups to press for Friday’s vote, which passed 393 to 226, with four abstentions.

“If the Constitution guarantees one thing, it is that anyone in this country can live as they wish,” Thomas Oppermann, the parliamentary leader of the Social Democrats, said in opening the floor debate. “If gay marriage is decided, then many will receive something, but nobody will have something taken away.”

THE NEW YORK TIMES

What is your take on gay marriage and gays fostering kids?

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

I dislike Angela Merkel but i have to agree with her that marriages should take place between men and women, and not same sex couples..

The worst part of this scenario is if Churches are forced by Law to marry same sex couples..One thing i can guarantee in the UK is that no mosque would ever allow same sex marriage..

As for same sex couples being allowed to foster children, iam completely against it..Children need to be brought up by a man and woman, so that they can differentiate that both partners have feminine and masculine views on life...

The only reason Governments allow same sex marriage is that those people are more likely to vote for them in elections, and also wanting to be seen as having "modern liberalistic" views on life..(sic)

Recently in the US, a Christian bakery in Colorado refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple...The bakery was taken to court and was fined $135,000!!!

A Christian couple who ran a small bed and breakfast hotel in the UK, were taken to court when they refused to allow a gay couple to stay the night...after a long legal battle the owners of the hotel were forced to sell it to pay for a £750,000 legal bill...The hotel couple also faced a barrage of hate mail from the liberalistic members of the public!!

Carl Miller

Controversies apart, TimeFlipper, The Catholic Church will never tolerate the homo marriage and same sex couples fostering children.
By the way having a fleeting glance back over the first Christian Time, we see Saint Paul one of the two pillars of the Catholic Church, literally demonizing homosexuality which had become consensus in ancient Greece
Greek culture had assimilated a general agreement about homosexuality. It had become, as it is in the public knowledge today, that philosophers would keep a two way sexual orientation- they would even maintain a homo 'affair' with his disciples and also with their wives.
It explains away the statement that Christians in general, giving more emphasis to the evangelists, will never thoroughly accept homosexuality as a valid societal principal.
Although things may change and perhaps even the most radical evangelists, and among them ultra radical religionists may adopt a more indulgent view on the topic.
Anyway the concept of homosexuality may remain a tabu, not only by the Catholic Church and other more radical christians sects but also by the more traditional esoteric societies.
Although there may be exceptions homophobia still predominates among the esoterical circles.

However, the nature of sex from the genetic point of view is totally clear, there are men and women and there is no third sex. In addition, sex, as a rule, doesn't have anything to do with the spiritual world and the problems originated from sex abuse or mental deviations are in any case medical and psychical problems or according to the circumstances crimes (such as pedophilia, rape, bondage, etc.)
The aforementioned quotation illustrates what esoteric societies have in mind relating homosexuality.

I think people may do whatever they wish if it is part of a consensus, if there is no pedophilia involved, cause sex with children is a case of justice, obviously.

It’s logical that children are not ready for sex since they are not mentally prepared to understand what sex means in life and a previous exposure to sex would imply a hostile act against them, and this is not approved by the Masters of Light.

In other words, two adult people are free to love each other as long as there is mutual agreement between them and foreplay is also a valid part in this loving interaction.

Here is the point, TimeFlipper i wish to emphasize. I do not have a preconcept idea about homosexuality cause I am an hetero guy. Obviously i have my own concepts about homosexuality that approach the traditional one, advocated by Angela Merkel, (only to contextualize things since you had mentioned Angela Merkel and her view).

But the point is homo couples adopting children. Gay couple fostering kids. I do not think it advisable that a homo couple could be fostering children. What a hell of a confusion could happen in a child's mind.
Of course it is general knowledge that most pedophiles are hetero guys and not homosexual guys.
By the way the Catholic Church itself had been invaded by pedophilia which is an incredibly difficult crime to be dealt with by the Pope.
In a whole, i do not consider homosexuality
as an aberrant act. Not even the one sex marriage. I am only concerned with the future of children fostered by homo couples. I still do not understand how a marriage like this could be beneficial to the children.

Last edited: