HDRKid

Status
Not open for further replies.

isabel

Re: HDRKID

Darf ich was dazu sagen? Der kleine hdrkid ist offensichtlich ein nicht so schlauer Luegner. Meine frage an ihn: wieso trinkt das Reich in diese alternative Zeitlinie ein typisch Amerikanisches getraenk, eine Cola, im Gottes Wille? Hat das Reich nicht ein besseres Getraenk zu bieten, ein dass sein glorreiche Sieg reflektiert? Wenn die Vereinigte Staten den Krieg verloren haben, warum trinkt die Welt das Getraenk des Verlierers? hdrkid, wenn du mich fragst bist du bist gar nicht ein Zeitreisender.

gl100

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"isabel\")</div>
Darf ich was dazu sagen? Der kleine hdrkid ist offensichtlich ein nicht so schlauer Luegner. Meine frage an ihn: wieso trinkt das Reich in diese alternative Zeitlinie ein typisch Amerikanisches getraenk, eine Cola, im Gottes Wille? Hat das Reich nicht ein besseres Getraenk zu bieten, ein dass sein glorreiche Sieg reflektiert? Wenn die Vereinigte Staten den Krieg verloren haben, warum trinkt die Welt das Getraenk des Verlierers? hdrkid, wenn du mich fragst bist du bist gar nicht ein Zeitreisender.[/b]

Man, you guys are really taxing my German. I havent spoken it in more than forty years.

Isabel, my guess would be it goes well with wurst and frankfurters. Dr. Rommel and Reich Crown Cola tend to be too sweet. Besides, the Germans are known for their beer and not their sodas.

I think Starlord summarized it in his second sentence.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"gl100\")</div>
Man, you guys are really taxing my German. I havent spoken it in more than forty years.

Isabel, my guess would be it goes well with wurst and frankfurters. Dr. Rommel and Reich Crown Cola tend to be too sweet. Besides, the Germans are known for their beer and not their sodas.

I think Starlord summarized it in his second sentence.[/b]

Same here Isabel, would you please translate that? I got lost when the third reich took over the liverwurst..:) Thank You

HDRKID

Hi Isabel:

My German is poor, but you ask "Why do people drink the cola of a loser?"
Actually my thought is that Coca Cola was drunk around the world prior to WWII and the Germans probably wanted to keep this valuable market.

For example, the US won WWII, but a certain German car continued to be produced; the Volks Wagen or "car of the people", a symbol of German excellence in engineering. :grin:

The German people were not evil, only the system was evil.

Hi Starlord:

Yes, very symbolic and perhaps a lesson for us all.
Returning to the question of why Viktory is spelled with a "K".
We got the work PORK from the French word PORC.
Why did we change the "C" to a "K"?
I don't know.

Languages change and not always for the better, yet you will agree that minor language differences eventually become dialects and as time passes new languages.

Why would the Germans take an English word like Victory which comes from the Latin "Victoria" and replace the "C" with a "K"?

Perhaps it was to remind America of the Viktory of the third reich, a rebirth of Imperial Rome. ;)

Hi Frog:

1. Could you tell me more about weirder or stranger places you have been too like beings inhabiting other dimensions or aliens that are from lower or higher places that coexist with our reality or another reality altogether?

The greater the divergence from our timeline the stranger everything seems.
After seeing a 3D holo TV you are left feeling a bit flat when you come back to the thin LCD TV of our timeline.

Instead of seeing weird things most of the stuff I see is very ordinary. For example, yesterday, in a jump to the future I saw my future wife and three kids. She was complaining about the lack of vehicles in the future.

2. Could you tell me what kind of technology the nazis have in their own parallel universe or timeline and how is it like like a police state or strict world?

They have excellent surveillance tech, much better than we have. People are constantly being monitored. Every word you say over the phone is analyzed.

People say "Not over the horn, meet me in person, we talk"

Yes, it is a very strict world, Police State describes it well, but they have some tolerance for eccentric genius and people they need.

In our timeline we tolerate the odd rockstar, but although you can be a bit unorthodox, if you are out and out weird like Michael Jackson, you end up in jail. oooopps...

Timmy G

Originally Posted by isabel
<snip> If the United States lost the war, why the world drinks the beverage of the loser? <snip>

umm, because it is smooth and refreshing?

gl100

Starlord,

It is fairly easy to get lost in Liverwurst. Just remember, go past the Burger F?hrer, take a left at Der Luftwaffle House and you're there. I wonder if Der Weinerschnitzel is big in that timeline? It was a shame when they pulled out of Texas.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"hdrkid\")</div>
Hi Isabel:

For example, the US won WWII, but a certain German car continued to be produced; the Volks Wagen or \"car of the people\", a symbol of German excellence in engineering. :grin:

Hi Starlord:

Yes, very symbolic and perhaps a lesson for us all.
Returning to the question of why Viktory is spelled with a \"K\".
We got the work PORK from the French word PORC.
Why did we change the \"C\" to a \"K\"?
I don't know.

Languages change and not always for the better, yet you will agree that minor language differences eventually become dialects and as time passes new languages.

Why would the Germans take an English word like Victory which comes from the Latin \"Victoria\" and replace the \"C\" with a \"K\"?

Perhaps it was to remind America of the Viktory of the third reich, a rebirth of Imperial Rome. ;)
..[/b]

I am very glad you brought that up. Languages DO have their forms. They also depending upon their Root have pretty much expected changes over time.

The word pork actually came from the Latin, Porca ( a sow) the french saw fit to drop the a at the end. The word Victory comes from the Latin Root Victor for conqueror or victor hence Victoria, victory. These are Latin roots of which ALL the 'Romance' Languages are based on. French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, & Romanian. Very rare in these languages do you see a W or a K.
English of course is based on Latin, Greek, and a few other languages have added to it from time to time.

However, the German language is a tad different as to it's heritage and it has gone through three different changes. The OLD German, the Middle German and the High German if memory serves correct.

So there you are, in a nazi occopied country and the cola can says Viktory Cola. Sorry, but that's not going to walk the dog. I'll tell you why. In German there are only three words with the VIK combination.
Wiking / Viking
Vikar / Vicar
Viktualien / Victuals (foods)
I am sure you will appreciate the logic that follows in certain languages. Nor do I see it possible that nazi germans would EVER stoop so low as to use a conquered peoples language.

Did you ever see them using polish or Hebrew in anything they sold? Me either. Hope your keeping up with this. So, your reasoning for backing up your mistake in that story is flawed at the very best. Again, that was another good try.

See the corpsman at the door about that hole in your foot.

The_Ruffneck

If you saw your future wife wouldn't it be weird to meet her for the first time."Hi i just met you but i saw the future and we get married and have 3 kids" *girl runs off*

HDRKID

Hi Starlord:

Instead of worrying about what sort of soft drinks people drink in the Nazi timeline, I worry about news like this:

- An explosion rocked BP Plc's (BP) petroleum refinery in Texas City, Texas, Wednesday injuring at least 100 people and sparking a fire that sent acrid black smoke billowing into the sky.

We just lost our 3rd largest oil refinery, expect more disruptions of petroleum products in the future. Remember, I said gasoline would be $2.50/gal this year.

You won't be laughing so hard when Bush starts drafting people for Iran.

Hi Ruffneck:

If you saw your future wife wouldn't it be weird to meet her for the first time."Hi i just met you but i saw the future and we get married and have 3 kids" *girl runs off*

The truth is - she's ugly. Not my 1st choice for a mate. I guess beautiful women are scarce after the war.

I do not know the exact time, but my oldest was 10, my guess is late 2030's. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.