head transplant

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Yes, it's a creepy idea with many unknowns. For one, even if a person could survive it, what does it do to them psychologically? What will it do neurologically? Suddenly, the brain wakes up and has a bunch of new connections. Will it freeze up like a PC? Will he go insane? Will he be paralyzed? Will he have brain damage? It's not as simple as it sounds. But, what can you do if someone is willing to try? Personally, I don't think he'd survive it.

TimeFlipper

I have read about people that have had new hearts fitted having feelings and thoughts from what they believe to have originated from the original owner of the heart :eek:

HDRKID

Hi Paula Jedi:
It sounds like something out of a science fiction movie. Next, there will be a brain in a jar. :eek:

Hi Time Flipper:
What can we say on that surgeon. He always had a great HEAD on his shoulders! Well, that's what his mom says.

happy_orange_sun4.gif

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Hi Paula Jedi:
It sounds like something out of a science fiction movie. Next, there will be a brain in a jar. :eek:

Hi Time Flipper:
What can we say on that surgeon. He always had a great HEAD on his shoulders! Well, that's what his mom says.

happy_orange_sun4.gif

Brain in a jar -- very creepy and not fun for the person INSIDE the jar. Perhaps they could create some type of liquid oxygen. I don't know, but assuming our conciousness lies inside our brain, who would want to spend eternity in a jar?

This reminds me of Captain Jack aka Face of Bo (Doctor Who). He evolved into this:

download.jpg

Who would want to live that way?

Anyway, if one person volunteers for a head transplant in the name of science, more may follow.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
What will be interesting is if after the transplant, the patient wakes up with the consciousness from the body.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What will be interesting is if after the transplant, the patient wakes up with the consciousness from the body.

I've always assumed consciousness lies in our brain. But who really knows? I just think the brain will go into complete shock with totally new connections. It might die instantly.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
If it's someone who is paraplegic, paralysed from the neck down and there is a suitable recently dead candidate body then try it.
If it's used to prolong life maybe in conjunction with cryogenics then we shouldn't be going there.