Debate Honest question

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
With so much evidence to the contrary, and with every "deadline" for his predictions having past, what about JT continues to make him a topic worth discussing with any seriousness?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
First of all, predictions are not the only method of determining if Titor is real or not. Regardless, MANY things have come true! CERN, Deteriorating relations with Russia, increased civil unrest which could become much worse, and although this is not mad cow disease, it is still worth checking out: A stomach bug is spreading via produce: http://abc7.ws/19irtU6 . Titor is always worth mentioning and should be taken seriously. And geez, why did I just now notice that this is from 2004? I could have sworn it said July 2013. LOL.

Samstwitch

And geez, why did I just now notice that this is from 2004? I could have sworn it said July 2013. LOL.

You had it right. This thread was posted on July 18, 2013. Cosmo has been a Member since 2004. (That's his Member sign-up date under his Avatar.)

TimeTravel_00

With so much evidence to the contrary, and with every "deadline" for his predictions having past, what about JT continues to make him a topic worth discussing with any seriousness?
For me personally, it was the part when the public officers were knocking on my door.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
While I'm at it, why not take him seriously? Why do people take phone technology seriously? People take health science seriously. Talk about space and time travel, and people suddenly shut down in disbelief. I'm thinking it is because of the lack of knowledge about physics. We HAVE new scientific proof of multiple universes and I can provide a link if you'd like. Why is it so hard to fathom that technology could be built to navigate there?

Even Kaku admits that there is no law of physics preventing time travel. That's his way of saying it is not impossible. The universe is so vast and mysterious. We do not even know where it came from. Just about anything is possible. We need to educate ourselves and open our minds and realize that the future has better technology that would blow our minds away! Example, in 1980, would you really have believed we'd have iPads and games that look real and video phones? Would you have accepted the fact that "radio" switched to satellite technology? Would people in 1899 have believed we would land on the moon or put a shuttle up in space? No. Of course not.

Time travel is real. I know I take it seriously.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
While I'm at it, why not take him seriously? Why do people take phone technology seriously? People take health science seriously. Talk about space and time travel, and people suddenly shut down in disbelief. I'm thinking it is because of the lack of knowledge about physics. We HAVE new scientific proof of multiple universes and I can provide a link if you'd like. Why is it so hard to fathom that technology could be built to navigate there?

I don't see anyone not taking the theory, mechanics, possibility and scientific nature of time travel seriously. People take telecommunications, medical and other subjects seriously because there is scientific fact and reproducible cause and effect to back up one's claims.

Even Kaku admits that there is no law of physics preventing time travel. That's his way of saying it is not impossible. The universe is so vast and mysterious. We do not even know where it came from. Just about anything is possible. We need to educate ourselves and open our minds and realize that the future has better technology that would blow our minds away!
Again, I don't see anyone saying it's theoretically impossible. The discussion here is whether or not there is anything credible about John Titor at this point in time.

Example, in 1980, would you really have believed we'd have iPads and games that look real and video phones? Would you have accepted the fact that "radio" switched to satellite technology? Would people in 1899 have believed we would land on the moon or put a shuttle up in space? No. Of course not.

Nobody is disagreeing with you.

Khaos

where the wild things are

Small changes:

TimeTravel_0 : In fact..I've noticed samll changes.
G° : I mean you upstairs asleep wouldn't have known if you now was
downstairs
G° : you have? thats what i was getting it
TimeTravel_0 : No...he knows me.
TimeTravel_0 : Yes...small changes.
G° : care to give an example?
TimeTravel_0 : Sure...
TimeTravel_0 : Football....(sorry) games that were lost that should have
been won.
TimeTravel_0 : Incidental news stories that havent happened.
TimeTravel_0 : Books not written.
TimeTravel_0 : Small stuff like that.
G° : wow. surely that can't be anything to do with you?
TimeTravel_0 : No.
TimeTravel_0 : By definition, this world line is not the same as mine.

That's why. His world and our world are different. He was merely predicting things in his world, though some of them have come to pass in this world.

Samstwitch

Small changes:

TimeTravel_0 : In fact..I've noticed samll changes.
G° : I mean you upstairs asleep wouldn't have known if you now was
downstairs
G° : you have? thats what i was getting it
TimeTravel_0 : No...he knows me.
TimeTravel_0 : Yes...small changes.
G° : care to give an example?
TimeTravel_0 : Sure...
TimeTravel_0 : Football....(sorry) games that were lost that should have
been won.
TimeTravel_0 : Incidental news stories that havent happened.
TimeTravel_0 : Books not written.
TimeTravel_0 : Small stuff like that.
G° : wow. surely that can't be anything to do with you?
TimeTravel_0 : No.
TimeTravel_0 : By definition, this world line is not the same as mine.

That's why. His world and our world are different. He was merely predicting things in his world, though some of them have come to pass in this world.

Thanks for posting that! Somehow I missed that, or forgot about it. Very important statement from John. Small changes turned into big changes.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
You're using an absence of evidence as evidence. It doesn't work that way...

Every photograph he provided that was meant to back up his claims has been debunked in some form or another... The bent laser in the cigar smoke, the fact that he was using the wrong kind of geiger counter, etc.

The 2004 Olympics, which should have been the last, have been followed by the 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012 Olympics. The civil war that was supposed to have been on everyone's doorstep by 2008 has not happened... These are not what I would consider small events.

You could posit that we ARE getting closer to a civil confrontation, but this fact has always existed and any governed society has that. Prophecies don't mean anything when there's no real timeline being applied or you're stating the obvious.

It appears to come down to beliefs, not factual evidence or logical thinking... This saddens me. Paranormalis was supposed to be a community of thinkers and truth-seekers.