Debate Honest question

TimeTravel_00

Actually, upon examining the photo again, I noticed that the window and door dimensions are off.......... there does appear to be gravitational lensing. I attempted to recreate this photo a few weeks ago with a green laser in another convertible, but do not smoke, and could not get enough reflection from incense. You ask why the photo looks like a piece of shit? Sometimes my iPhone photos turn out like crap, but my phone has been dropped several times, this will probably get worse over the next 23 years. The combination of damaged equipment, windows 98 era computing, and resizing the photo to fit on the original forum account for the artifacting.

You ask why I consider Titor's story to be real? Because Titor stated specifically that our civil liberties would be infringed upon, and that his family would move out to the country after watching their neighbor's home being raided. I had to stand by as my home was raided, my liberties were infringed upon, then my neighbor moved away. He was born in 1998.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Actually, upon examining the photo again, I noticed that the window and door dimensions are off.......... there does appear to be gravitational lensing. I attempted to recreate this photo a few weeks ago with a green laser in another convertible, but do not smoke, and could not get enough reflection from incense. You ask why the photo looks like a piece of shit? Sometimes my iPhone photos turn out like crap, but my phone has been dropped several times, this will probably get worse over the next 23 years. The combination of damaged equipment, windows 98 era computing, and resizing the photo to fit on the original forum account for the artifacting.

You ask why I consider Titor's story to be real? Because Titor stated specifically that our civil liberties would be infringed upon, and that his family would move out to the country after watching their neighbor's home being raided. I had to stand by as my home was raided, my liberties were infringed upon, then my neighbor moved away. He was born in 1998.

Common consesus among the non-believers is that the laser has a piece of fiber-optic cable jammed into it to create the illusion.

Can you point out the lensing effect you're seeing?

TimeTravel_00

sure, take a look at the dimensions of the window and door on the 67 camaro, there is a thread devoted to the car called john titor's 67 vette

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
He posts this as evidence of the gravitational field around the device. If this was the case, ALL the light passing near the device would be bent. This would give a gravitational lensing effect that would be noticeable in the image. Gravitational fields do not specifically target one beam of light and bend that alone. We know this from observing (and even making use of) gravity lensing in astronomy. AND On another note, it's 2036 when this photo gets taken... Why does it look like it was taken with a potato?

Alright, then why is the light in the picture bent? Are you insinuating that it is fake, like a piece of plastic or a wire? Laser lights typically shoot straight. Also, if I remember correctly, it was a low light photo with no flash, wasn't it? That would account for the poor quality. Today's digital cameras look like crud if the aperature isn't set correctly and you take a low light photo. I will assume that most technology development halted after the nuclear strike, so they most likely used cameras from our time period, what was left over.

Furthermore, just for conversation's sake, I did a little research on the gravitational bending of light. Wikipedia states the following:

A gravitational lens refers to a distribution of matter (such as a cluster of galaxies) between a distant source (a background galaxy) and an observer, that is capable of bending (lensing) the light from the source, as it travels towards the observer.

If I recall, the laser light was not pointed *at* the gravitational source. Also, according to this article, only the background source is distorted.

I would also like to make note of microlensing -
where no distortion in shape can be seen but the amount of light received from a background object changes in time.

I am not a physicist or scientist, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps his bending of light photo isn't all that impossible....and if the amount of light received changes, that would account for the low light in the photo. The "shape" in the above quote may possibly apply to the lensing effect.

Source: Gravitational lens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Alright, then why is the light in the picture bent? Are you insinuating that it is fake, like a piece of plastic or a wire? Laser lights typically shoot straight.

Hi Jedi :)

The laser pointer having a piece of plastic or fiber-optic cable in it is the accepted fact for those who doubt his story.

I'm not a scientist or any kind of physicist either, but I think it's fair to say that most of what's been said by both factions boils down to what we've seen on the SyFy and Science channels... Nobody really has any first hand experience with devices that cause localized gravity wells capable of bending a laser beam... My point is I honestly don't know and I'm not really qualified to say whether or not your links are correct.

Going through the Titor records in as much depth as I am; I'm beginning to see how it could be POSSIBLE. Not plausable, but within the realm of possibility. I still have many, many reservations about the subject and will probably never "believe"... But even if it were true, it shouldn't be about believing - It should be about making a positive difference to affect a more favorable outcome on our timeline.

I'm at the point in the original Post to Post "I Am From 2036" thread where Titor says for people to listen to Art Bell that night... Did he ever actually call in and get through? I'm currently downloading every episode of Coast to Coast AM episode spanning John's visit and will share that information when I've finished my archival site.

Began this project viciously against the idea; now seeing some of the reason this story has some deep roots in people.

TimeTravel_00

Coast to coast AM is the point of reference and direct contact for all inter loping team members as there is typically an officer, of this timeline, listening on standby.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Coast to coast AM is the point of reference and direct contact for all inter loping team members as there is typically an officer, of this timeline, listening on standby.

...That has nothing to do with my question.

Did John Titor ever actually call in to Coast to Coast AM and speak with Art Bell? If so, when?

TimeTravel_00

1998, however, it was not aired. George's assistant has already referenced their library for any known voice recordings of the anomaly. Nothing.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm not a scientist or any kind of physicist either, but I think it's fair to say that most of what's been said by both factions boils down to what we've seen on the SyFy and Science channels... Nobody really has any first hand experience with devices that cause localized gravity wells capable of bending a laser beam... My point is I honestly don't know and I'm not really qualified to say whether or not your links are correct.

Me neither, but I personally believe that we cannot assume the photo is fake because there are many scientific possibilities. IMHO.

possibility. I still have many, many reservations about the subject and will probably never "believe"... But even if it were true, it shouldn't be about believing - It should be about making a positive difference to affect a more favorable outcome on our timeline.

It's ok. I'm not trying to convince you. Just debating. At least you are putting thought and effort into the topic and studying it.
Many just assume the whole thing was a hoax without a single ounce of research, and that's what bothers me the most.

I'm at the point in the original Post to Post "I Am From 2036" thread where Titor says for people to listen to Art Bell that night... Did he ever actually call in and get through? I'm currently downloading every episode of Coast to Coast AM episode spanning John's visit and will share that information when I've finished my archival site.

There are several audio based videos going around Youtube of people calling Coast to Coast claiming to be Titor. Are any of them really him?
Who knows. An interesting one was in 1998 I believe. Someone called C2C claiming to be a time traveler from 2063 and Art asked him if he was from 2036 and the man said no, he was from 2063. I believe this was before Titor even appeared online. Interesting.

Began this project viciously against the idea; now seeing some of the reason this story has some deep roots in people.

heheh then that answers your original question --- yes, there is plenty of information to take seriously. I personally don't want the Titor story to ever die.