how to become a vampire?

Mudpuppy

First, be careful what you wish for. I'm not going to even beging to try and change your minds, as if a person want to become a vampire, you have to wonder if their ability to make positive judgements is there and intact. Pardon me but that's the Clinical Psychologist coming out. I don't see the logic behind the life style, though I have several friends, some in treatment and others out, that live the "vamp" life style but do not believe they are vampiress. Cross that line of reality, and you will really see what hell on earth can be, just my opinion. They are perfectly happy exchanging blood after dinner, before, heck, just about anytime, as are their friends. I tried it bbut I just couldn't get innto it but sex afterward was better than I had ever had before.
Agreed...on all counts. When I was a young girl, after watching old reruns of Bewitched, I actually thought there were real witches who could fly. Imagine my dissappointment when I grew up, read some and learned those types of witches don't exist, and except for yogis who live in the Himalayans or people who do mushrooms, there wasn't any real flying going on either.

I can't be too hard on the young who ask how to become a vampire because vampires have taken over the media in both books, movies and TV in the 90s and 2000s the same way witchcraft and the like took over the 60's in the anti-establishment era. We all come of age sooner or later. We all learn at our own pace. Along the line, maybe we actually learn something.

I do agree with what you've said concerning the vamp life and adults. I'm not sure where to draw the age line but I think if you're in your 40's and you still don't see the light, a trip to your local psychiatrist might be in line. Just my opinion.

Still can't help wanting what goes with that fantasy--- to live forever, never grow old, never get sick.......life just seems too short.

Nope, dear. There are no drinking of blood involved in becoming a vampire (well, it's not really necessary). :)

Vampires are mythological or folkloric beings who subsist by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures, regardless of whether they are undead or a living person (from Wikipedia)

I have no clue on how you will be able to transform yourself into a vampire. If I do get to know how you can turn yourself into one, I will post it here as soon as possible.

For the mean time, please do check out these references too! :D

http://www.google.com.ph/search?q=how to become a vampire?&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

As for my own word of advice, I have read in a certain book that vampires who feed on blood are the weakest among all kinds of vampires so be careful for what you wish for! ;)

Take note that vampires feed on other people or organisms (mostly living) for their own selfish good! (most of the time, it is kind of 'selfish')

They do this in various ways like feeding on other people's aura to feeding to those people's blood!

This makes them 'feel alive..'

By the way, the book was The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel :)

If you have the time, feel free to check it out. ^_^

I hope this helps, dear.

CarpeNemo

Nicholas Flamel has absolutely nothing to do with vampires, as far as I know. In fact...that reminds me that I need to go make a post about O.R.M.E.

Mudpuppy

I posted an article back in 2005 in this forum but for some reason the font is so small you need a microscope to read it. I can't edit it since it's that old so I won't even bother linking you to it but I will repost it here for any interested in it.

Vampires--Anything Goes!

There's been alot of speculation in the Vampire topics concerning what a vampire is and what a vampire isn't. Most are either guessing or going on intuition as to understanding vampires or rather, today's vampire culture. I've yet to see anyone do some research and post it so far. Here are a few things I've observed and some things I have read. Please feel free to post your ideas as well.

First off, in the other thread "My friend the Vampire", Adrian was asked alot of questions that were more geared to how you might define a vampire in the original Dracula novel (i.e. garlic, coffins, bats, biting...ect...). His answers seemed to sound more like the vampire culture of the modern day....which is to say that vampires in today's culture do not have to avoid the sun, kill anyone, or even drink blood. They can have families, get a tan, post on a forum (without owning a computer) drink wine, eat as much garlic as they like, save souls, steal souls, come from Mars (unless their female and then they come from Venus thanks to John Gray), faint at the sight of blood, and put their makeup on in the rear view mirrow while driving to their executive job on Wal Street. (or Wal-Mart as in Adrian's case). Quite literally, anyone who wants to devise a definition of the vampire condition has the authority to do so.....and plenty of people are doing it. That's why it's so funny to read comments posted here where a member believes he has the definitive explanation to the whole vampire thing. Just for example, here's some different types I have found.

We have sex vampires, energy vampires, emotional vampires, mortal vampires prone to illness, and vampires who've inherited their condition or become that way by supposed sorcery, reincanation, or a virus (and sometimes....too much scotch). One group says that vampires are one big family, the other groups says true vampires are loners. Many view the vampire as compassionate, even empathetic while other insist they are the sociopathic predator of nineteenth-century tales. How many different types of vampires can there be? I guess the answer is how big is your imagination?

Dracula, it would appear, like everything else, has evolved over time. What has happened with these diverse interpretations, however, is that factions have formed. People who now identify themselves as "vampires", rather than just spectators who enjoy vampire entertainment, have definite views on what a vampire is--and they seem to have an attitude that everyone else had better pay attention. Members of these groups say they're the "real ones," the only ones who know, and others are just pretenders, hoaxers and fakers. Another group disputes such claims and offers its own ideas. It's turned into a tedious game of so-called expertise, with contrived credentials and plenty of venom. Even in this forum there is debate over what a vampire "is" and "isn't".....and we're not even part of the subculture. Some of those groups want to take over and rule the entire vampire scene and others just want to be left alone. Whether vampirism is the result of a virus, a secret initiation, a blood disorder, or overactive imagination, there's no central authority to decide the matter....and especially no one here on this board that can do it, the whole thing sort of appears chaotic. If you look carefully underneath, you will see a central thread that runs through them all despite their differences:

--the vampire has a romantic dark side

--the vampire is a manifestation of alternate spirituality (or maybe multiple personalities--depending)

If you take a typical vampire community, like New York or Los Angeles, you will see members that meet at club who want to be around other like minded people who identify with the dark figure of the night, parade their fashions, and listen to music. Perhaps in secret rooms, they experiment with drugs or a blood exchange, or even some cladestine sexual ritual. Among them will be some who view this gathering as evidence that vampirism is a means of transcending mundane concerns and feel that they are special and set apart. They may even claim certain extraordinary powers and a perspective on life and death that elevates them above the common herd. Now, I don't know how many reading this were around in the 60's....but what we really have here is just another group of people reaching out for something different spiritually the same way Anton Levey's members did with the Church of Satan. Mind you, I am NOT saying they are satanists, (although many of them do affiliate with such) rather that they have this underlying current running through them all.....seeking the dark side (but not Hannibal Lector dark) while defining a different type of spirituality then what's been forced down their throats. In this vien you could sort of lump them both in the anti-establishment boat....even though Levey's was much more in your face type while the vampire culture is mostly in the shadows.

Anyways, it appears that, just like your average garden variety mortal, they gather together to seek a partner for sex, love, subjugations, even marriage--and they view the dark secrecy of vampirism as a way of establishing and strengthening romantic bonds between kindred souls. To them, vampires are complex creatures that may suffer guilt over their urge to drink blood and treat others like "prey". Some among them will revel in the idea that they may be enslaved to a dominant entity who will treat them in ways beyond anything they imagine. It's the swoon, the feeling of rapture and surrender to a mysterious other that grips them. They may screen for "safe" partners or join a vampire "feeding circle" or "family," but they're looking for a spiritualized romance, an interrelationshipof complementary hearts of darkness.

So within the frame of a single social scene, we have many types of vampires mingling together, joined by an idea, though they may interpret that idea in vastly different ways. This is one of the reasons why I expressed earlier that everyone should have an open mind and remind you that no one has the exclusive right to say what a vampire is or isn't. It's what it is to whoever is looking and however they want it to be. There are many more reasons as to why it is like that than I've put in this post, .....but you get the gist. For now, suffice it to say, live and let live............or is that live and let die...... (hehe...just kidding.......really)

Mudpuppy

Hey, you've got to love the link "Spells on How To Become A Vampire". Seriously, they mix quantum physics into the whole thing by using the multi-verse theory. Interesting. Maybe I should take my own magick......I mean medicine. Could I really create an alternate reality as one who lives forever? Hmmmmm.....Here is the spell:

MULTI-VERSE SPELLS FOR BECOMING A VAMPIRE

In the multi-verse theory of magic, existence is composed of an infinite number of universes, within which every possibility exists. The hallmark of this method is the use of perceptual changes in yourself, to try and enter a universe in which your desired effect is true. The more unlikely an event, the more obscure the universe it exists in, and the harder it is to get there.​
Becoming a vampire with this method will require the use of deep meditation and or chanting. This process is necessary to change your own perceptions enough such that you actually begin to shift your physical being towards a universe in which you are a vampire.​
In using this method it is important to keep your mind open and to be ready to believe in the possibility of anything. This has to be balanced with your ability to perceive the reality of the dimension you are in at any given time. Just believing you are a vampire is not enough, you actually have to change the way your eyes see things, and the way and your mind understands them.​
As usual the methods which will work best are going to have to be individually tailored to your mind and situation. A teacher will help this greatly, because they will be able to evaluate you and make suggestions from a trained position relative to you. However, as you become more proficient at this method it may become difficult to remain in a dimension in which you know the teacher, and as such you may require several teachers over the course of your training.​
As far as the drinking of blood, there are many dimensions in which you are a vampire that doesn't require blood and has found a much easier method of taking in energy. As such you should try and steer yourself towards these specific dimensions. This is for your own safety and ease, as murder is not acceptable in almost any society.​

Nicholas Flamel has absolutely nothing to do with vampires, as far as I know. In fact...that reminds me that I need to go make a post about O.R.M.E.
Actually, it's the book (some chapter of the book when Scatach was narrating some stuff. Wouldn't want to blow the whole plot! :rolleyes:). :D

CarpeNemo

Actually, it's the book (some chapter of the book when Scatach was narrating some stuff. Wouldn't want to blow the whole plot! :rolleyes:). :D

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel will be a series of six fantasy novels written by Irish author Michael Scott when complete. Completion is due to be in 2012.

I generally don't look too deep into fiction books when researching something, not that it doesn't sometimes reap rewards.

Nicholas Flamel is only a popular name because he's believed to be the alchemist who discovered how to turn gold into white powdered gold, sometimes known as the "Sorcerer's" or "Alchemist's Stone". Which of course probably means he did live on for several hundred years - I doubt he'd not use his own discovery.

WEll, I got jumped on real good for being a "newbie" and expressing my mind, so I'll consider whether I want to keep the "verbal abuse" as a constant or just somebody having a bad day.