I am the Water Bearer

Christ's Lamb

After being registered on this forum for quite some time know (although haven't been on for a while), I thought I'd release my true identity. I am the Water Bearer, or more precisely the "avatar" of the "Age of Aquarius."

My goal is to refill the water in the water bowl so that the fish can thrive. We people of this generation have rebellious hearts, we strive for the Truth. We know the world governments are lying to us, we know our politicians only want to bleed our money dry, and we DEMAND the TRUTH!

When I realized this, back when I was a sort of "self-described" agnostic you could say, I started reading the bible for the truth. To make a long story short, I decided to dedicate my life to God and let him use me to spread his message, which is the Truth, the Word of God. I don't want your money, because the Lord says not to worry about Earthly things that only ties us down from being connected to the Father's Kingdom. I only want to share the Truth with those who want to learn.

Write bellow, or private message me if you want to talk more privately.
-Christ's Lamb

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm glad to see that you are comfortable to share this with us. We're looking forward to learning more.

Loopi

The Bearded One
I have a hard time not laughing when you said, "I started reading the bible for the truth." But hey, I salute you on your conviction. Welcome!

Christ's Lamb

I have a hard time not laughing when you said, "I started reading the bible for the truth." But hey, I salute you on your conviction. Welcome!

Why did you laugh when I said I stared reading the bible for the truth. The bible has a lot truths. When I mean "truths" I mean truths on how to live your life well. The Earthly "truths" are only falsehoods aimed at making a profit off of the others, like insurance. We are always told we need these things to live a good life, but how does these things make your life better? You pay for say health insurance when you only use it say once or twice every 10 years. Its good to have incase of an emergency, but other than that, its a scam.

How do they go about people not getting it? They make it a law that everyone needs car insurance or if you don't have health insurance, you must pay a "fine" or "tax" or what every they decided to call it now (they say its not a fine/tax but what is it then?).

I'm not saying that say genesis is 100% historically true, it could be an allegory I don't know. You cant teach a child algebra when they don't know how to count.

Khaos

where the wild things are

Why did you laugh when I said I stared reading the bible for the truth. The bible has a lot truths. When I mean "truths" I mean truths on how to live your life well.

Perhaps you would be inclined to share several of these truths with us :)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
I think his point is that using the bible as the basis for your moral compass is a pretty flawed way to live.

There are a number of reasons why people (myself included) think this way, so I'll only share a few:

Deuteronomy 23:2 said:
"A bitched shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."

A bitched is someone who was born outside of wedlock, which makes you filthy, apparently. So filthy in fact that it takes ten genetic steps down the line to wash how filthy it makes you.

Wait, but what if your dad abandoned you and your mom after she had given birth to you... That means you're going to be held responsible and deprived of God's love...

So wait, does this mean Christian orphanages are hypocritical institutions if they're taking these kids to church?

The bible also specifically prohibits the following:

Sexual acts
(All of these merit death)

• Homosexual intercourse between men (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13).
  • Adultery (Leviticus 20:10-12, man and woman).
  • Lying about virginity. Applies to girls who are still in their fathers' homes, who lie about their virginity, and are presented to their husband as a virgin. The accused is guilty until proved innocent. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
  • The daughter of a priest practicing prostitution (death by fire — Leviticus 21:9).
  • Rape of a virgin who is engaged. If she is not engaged you only have to marry her and give her father 50 shekels. No mention is made of the girl’s opinion, and no punishment is specified for raping a single non-virgin female. (Deuteronomy 22:25)
  • Being the victim of rape, if one is an engaged female virgin and the rape occurs in a city. If it takes place in a field, the victim is spared because nobody would have heard her screams. (Deuteronomy 22:23-27)
  • Marrying a woman and her daughter. Mother, daughter, and husband are all burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)
Food and drink
  • Consuming blood; blood in meat is not exempt (Genesis 9:4).
  • Eating a cheeseburger (or anything else that mixes meat and dairy — Exodus 23:19).
  • Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17).
  • Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7-8).
  • Eating a fellowship offering more than three days old (Leviticus 19:5-8).
  • Eating aquatic creatures lacking fins or scales (Deuteronomy 14:9-10).
  • Eating any meat not killed according to the kosher practice (Deuteronomy 12:21).
Idolatry
  • Consulting a psychic or spiritualist (Leviticus 19:31).
  • Being a psychic or spiritualist, punishable by death (Leviticus 20:27).
Daily life
  • Performing any work on the sabbath (Exodus 20:10).
  • Planting more than one kind of seed in a field (Leviticus 19:19).
  • Wearing clothing woven of more than one kind of cloth (Leviticus 19:19).
  • Cutting the hair on the sides of your head or clipping of the edges of your beard (Leviticus 19:27). This commandment is the reason why Orthodox Jews often sport sidelocks and big beards.
  • Touching the dead carcass of a pig (Deuteronomy 14:8).
  • Cross-dressing (Deuteronomy 22:5).
New Testament
Although the New Testament largely served as an abrogation of the stricter forms and practices of the Mosaic Law, it did codify a few new prohibitions unstated in the text of the Old Testament.

Slaves
  • Disobedience (Ephesians 6:5).
Women
  • Speaking in church (1 Corinthians 14:34-35).
  • Homosexual intercourse between women (Romans 1:27)

....And it goes on and on and on... And this is just the stuff the bible says isn't okay. The stuff it DOES say is okay include classics like slavery and much else.

At this point you're saying "But some of those things are okay! We know the difference"... Well, that's great - but where do you draw the line? Being able to pick and choose between what the bile says is okay and not okay means your moral code and understanding of right and wrong stems from somewhere else.

If it stems from somewhere else, then you obviously already know how to be a kind and loving person.

Why alienate people by speaking like you just walked out of the Old Testament and quoting scripture all the time? Just be a good person.

I have nothing against religion at all. While it's not for me, my father is a Christian and I happily go along with him to Easter and Christmas services because it's important to him and it's a positive experience. He uses religion as a means to access a community of like-minded people who want to better themselves, as it should be.

He certainly doesn't walk around proclaiming to be "the water bearer", either. That's either an act or there's some kind of insecurity, instability or self-loathing behind that.

Last edited:

Khaos

where the wild things are
The stuff it DOES say is okay include classics like slavery and much else.

We're having an interesting discussion about this at the cafe. But I agree with your speech. And you earned a rare like point from me :)