I am the Water Bearer

arvin

Haha. Go and make some pointless war! I'm pretty sure that u're gonna kill urself after knowing your own truth! Die like what Judas did!

If u don't have the capacity to know the truth, then atleast try to have a brave heart to accept things.

arvin

Cosmo, people are going to believe in what they want to believe in. There's no changing that. You can scream at them until you're red in the face, pull out thousands of facts that debunk their belief, but they'll still believe it, because its that, their belief.

They're more than welcome to do so! I'm not screaming at anyone (at least I don't think so) or trying to change anyone's mind, just countering one extreme with another because I enjoy a good debate. My intention isn't to offend anyone, but I suppose it can happen given the subject matter.

Other alternatives are to ignore him (which is counter to the purpose of a community thread), troll or mess with him in some fashion (which I won't because he seems like a decent enough guy) or go along with what he says (which I won't). I think a friendly debate and providing evidence to contradict his assertions is far more interesting than any of those options.

Yeah me too! haha. I love debates. But more on to counter religions. I may follow, but not to worship.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
One thing I learned from my father...never argue over politics or religion...you just can't win. Picture someone that wants to discuss their religous views with the lady in the flowery hat...better off changing subjects.

Who's arguing? I don't see anything wrong with providing counterpoints to someone's assertions, regardless of the subject.

I wonder what visitors would think of this site if they saw this Water Bearer chap posting his "I am now ready to reveal my true identity as Christ's lamb" stuff ad-nauseum with nobody saying "Hey, wait a second..."

You're right, religion and politics are hot button topics and not everybody is comfortable discussing it. I am, however, and will continue so long as I can do it without breaking any of the site's rules.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Something I stumbled on today; curious about OP's response:

The story goes that God didn't create sin, he gave man free will and man used it to commit sin.

This is all well and good when you're a bronze age farmer with a very immature understanding of philosophy, but when you start to scratch the surface, the whole thing falls apart:
  • If God hadn't told man not to eat the apple, then man wouldn't have sinned. Causal loop. By defining what "sin" is, God created sin.
  • Since the apple contained the knowledge of good and evil, then before he ate the apple man was incapable of sinning since he did not understand the concept of good -v- evil. Therefore, punishing man for eating the apple is like punishing a snail for eating your cabbages.

arvin

God time traveled back and created the first man and woman (advanced the evolution of apes. Thats why there are troubles in computing timeline of evolution of man from apes But there are lot of evidences that man came from ape). To make himself a good 'God'/creator, he gave his creation 'free will'. Since this god knew that humans will soon seek knowledge, he termed sin by disobeying him. The first sin committed by man is to seek knowledge. Why god doesnt want his creation to gain knowledge? Is it because someday his creation will be able decode the 'conspiracy of creation of man'?

Loopi

The Bearded One
One thing I learned from my father...never argue over politics or religion...you just can't win. Picture someone that wants to discuss their religous views with the lady in the flowery hat...better off changing subjects.
But it sure is a great time ruffling feathers. :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to hear a religious argument when Greek Mythology was the "in" thing. I wonder if anyone was pulling for Kronos

Last edited:

arvin

But it sure is a great time ruffling feathers. :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to hear a religious argument when Greek Mythology was the "in" thing. I wonder if anyone was pulling for Kronos
Haha kinda related to that one!

Aryeandris

Yes, please come back and tell us your truths. No matter the source of where you learn them from, if they are truths nothing changes that. I like truth and pursue it with a passion. Please share :)