I NEED TO GO BACK IN TIME

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
If there is one thing I am positive of when it comes to time travel, its that if you go back and change things you will not return to the same time line when you come back here, and we will not fade away and be replaced with a new effected present. In otherwords if someone went back and changed it you wouldn't know and it wouldn't effect you.
I have been pondering this post for a few days.

Now I'm speculating: are the events of each individual timeline fixed and unable to be changed in that timeline? I tend to doubt it, since it's axiomatic that there is so much to the universe that most of us don't comprehend. I'm not saying that alternate timelines can't be created, but I think it's possible to do so if changing a historical event is done with a flawed method. For these reasons, among other things, I plan on seeking counsel from ETs, so that I'll know what it's like to change history without necessarily creating an alternate timeline. Get my drift?

AGJackson

Now I'm speculating: are the events of each individual timeline fixed and unable to be changed in that timeline? I tend to doubt it, since it's axiomatic that there is so much to the universe that most of us don't comprehend. I'm not saying that alternate timelines can't be created, but I think it's possible to do so if changing a historical event is done with a flawed method. For these reasons, among other things, I plan on seeking counsel from ETs, so that I'll know what it's like to change history without necessarily creating an alternate timeline. Get my drift?

This is how I see it, ('it' being an amalgamation of both time as we see it and existence itself) every consciousness follows its own timeline and nothing is fixed at all. We are fully able to make decisions that will change the path of our lives, however a the same time there are unlimited possibilities existing at every moment creating an infinite number of other time lines. If we travel back in time and make a change to our past and then return to the present (or the time we consider to be the present) then it will not be the same timeline we left, similarly it will be impossible to return to our own time line as any addition changes will only create further time lines. The very fact that we travel back in time in the first place will alter our own time line and make it impossible to 'return'. Obviously this throws in the question of 'but what if we are already living in a time line where someone travels back in time to visit, and if they don't do so that itself changes the time line I am living. The difference being I am not effected as they are coming back to my 'present' from the future, therefore I haven't lived my future choices yet in my conscious world nothing has changed.

I am interested to hear how you plan to seek counsel from ETs, and why you would think that someone from another world would have the ability to selectively alter existence on a quantum level while leaving a timeline otherwise intact.

TimeFlipper

That's for dishes, not socks. Dishwashers don't even spin!
Alien dishwashers do Paula ;)

My dishwasher sounds like The Tardis.
The original sound of the Tardis was produced by a 19 year old girl called Delia Derbyshire who was working for the BBC Radiophonic Workshop in the early 1960s..Delia took several recordings of a door in her house creaking whenever it was opened then she added reverb to it and bingo..One of her everyday sound effects was derived from her lamp shade!:)

The sound of the Alien in the movies of that name when it was ready to attack, was made by ripping shreds off a cabbage with some reverb and other sound effects added :D

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith

This is how I see it, ('it' being an amalgamation of both time as we see it and existence itself) every consciousness follows its own timeline and nothing is fixed at all. We are fully able to make decisions that will change the path of our lives, however a the same time there are unlimited possibilities existing at every moment creating an infinite number of other time lines. If we travel back in time and make a change to our past and then return to the present (or the time we consider to be the present) then it will not be the same timeline we left, similarly it will be impossible to return to our own time line as any addition changes will only create further time lines. The very fact that we travel back in time in the first place will alter our own time line and make it impossible to 'return'. Obviously this throws in the question of 'but what if we are already living in a time line where someone travels back in time to visit, and if they don't do so that itself changes the time line I am living. The difference being I am not effected as they are coming back to my 'present' from the future, therefore I haven't lived my future choices yet in my conscious world nothing has changed.

I am interested to hear how you plan to seek counsel from ETs, and why you would think that someone from another world would have the ability to selectively alter existence on a quantum level while leaving a timeline otherwise intact.
The first paragraph makes sense, and I think I understand a lot better now about alternate timelines, and how that once something in the past is changed, you create a new timeline (at least depending on the method) and you are unable to go back to the old one. From what I've heard so far from you, I think I like that idea!

To answer your question in the second paragraph, I have a rough idea of a plan. I plan on either attracting ETs via use(s) of an HDR, or I could come across someone with flying saucer emulated from ET technology, and hitch a ride with him to an ET planet. I will find a benevolent ET race that is sympathetic to my cause and willing to help me with changing the past. Like you said, there are infinite possibilities, so that means that there is the possibility that there is an ET race in another world or dimension that might have what I was (or perhaps still am) looking for.

After I change the past in whatever the most harmonious way is, even if it involves permanently abandoning the timeline I'm currently living in, I will revert my physical body back to when I was conceived, be born again, and experience different (for the better) events in my new life I had helped create for myself and others. By the time I am born again, I will remember nothing of what I experienced up to when I physically revert, and I will feel as if I didn't change the past.

For instance, a couple of things I plan to change in history are that Elvis and John Lennon live very well past 1977 and 1980, respectively. I plan on doing such a thing in a way so outside-the-box, that not only will I not remember having prevented their untimely deaths in the life I'm living now, but that these two rock stars will not even notice that any person had intervened in their lives to cause them to survive longer!

Is this response helpful?

Martian

@Classicalfan626 My only problem with this is, if you change the past, then anyone not involved in the time travel will have no memory of this conversation. We only see the end result of time travel if we're not involved. Since we do see this, it clearly means you share your time machine with everyone who posts in this thread. :D

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Classicalfan626 My only problem with this is, if you change the past, then anyone not involved in the time travel will have no memory of this conversation. We only see the end result of time travel if we're not involved. Since we do see this, it clearly means you share your time machine with everyone who posts in this thread. :D
Those are some pretty good points there, Martian.

My desire to change the past is unchanged, whatever the minor circumstantial consequences may be, and I feel obliged to keep this goal straight.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

That's what I thought, too, but why did the post office change on me and why do I have full memory of the previous version I visited just months ago?