Debate John Titor Alleged Predictions and Are They Real or Not

JTFriend

Sorry but being bullied growing up in no way could be considered civil war or even growing unrest in the country. I have heard talks of civil war by some but nothing even close to civil war has come to pass in the last 10 years.
It may have not escalated to a full-blown actual war with armed forces, but I have most definitely lived and breathed the "city versus country" conflict John describes which as I explained in my post became an apparent issue for me in 2004-2005 and has only escalated since then.

Octavusprime

Maybe we should define civil war so that we can all talk about the same thing.

Main Entry: civil war
Function: noun
: a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country

Main Entry: war
Pronunciation: \ˈwȯr\
Function: noun
: a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations

As stated before there has not been a war, conflict or skirmish between our citizens in the last 10 years.

Samstwitch

As stated before there has not been a war, conflict or skirmish between our citizens in the last 10 years.

Even though it has not been successful (because the gov't is so powerful, and the media publishes propaganda to hide the truth), the national Occupy Movement could be the festerings of a Civil War in the USA. It was and is a national movement of civil unrest in America.

I watched the movement very closely and was very involved online in their plight when they began and for many months thereafter. Even though you hear little about their current efforts, they are still in the battle.

Most of the action between the Occupiers and the Police, Government, etc. was/is never published, but you can find it online (Twitter, Facebook, etc) and on videos on Youtube. Groups were attacked almost daily by Police Gestapo. They were beat, clubbed, exploding devices were thrown at them (don't remember what they're called), dragged, and arrested. Some had serious injuries, several went to hospitals.

Those events could be the beginnings of a civil war in America. Time will tell how it develops.

High gas prices in California might also spark some civil disobedients, but we may not hear about it in the mainstream news either. There was a big gas heist by a couple in California yesterday, perhaps the beginnings of more civil unrest.

Here are just a few related threads on Paranormalis. There may be more.

1) Dozens of cities prepare for biggest May Day protests in U.S history with Occupy activists expected
2) University of Calif to pay pepper-sprayed Occupy protesters $1 Million
3) Can The 99% And "occupy" Movements Escalate Into A Jt Style Civil War?
4) Declaration Of Occupy Please Read
5) Brutality At "occupy Wall Street" Movement And Is This A Play For Martial Law

JTFriend

We do not have a full blown civil war but there is most definitely a civil conflict going on in the States that no one can deny and it did start in the mid 2000s, at least for me personally. But I believe there is something much bigger going on that started in the 90s and has only just now become apparent, within the time window that John mentioned in his posts.

CIVIL UNREST/CULTURAL DECLINE PREDICTION
A Look At John Titor’s Most Popular Predictions

One of the greatest themes of John Titor’s story was the ultimate decline of western civilization, and the increasing number of civil conflicts within the United States leading up to an all-out war in 2005.
Without diving headfirst into the dark and sordid world of U.S. politics, policies such as the Patriot Act and the NDAA do point in this direction, and the U.S. Government has continued to grow since 9/11. Future legislation like SOPA, PIPA, and the already-signed ACTA slowly chip away at the average citizen’s rights, making way for massive corporations to swoop in and claim, well, everything.
The years may be off, but I wouldn’t disregard Titor’s statements about civil strife just yet.
Titor also stated the following:
The President or ‘leader’ in 2005 I believe tried desperately to be the next Lincoln and hold the country together but many of their policies drove a larger wedge into the Bill of Rights. The President in 2009 was interested only in keeping his/her power base.​
Our President in 2005 was George W. Bush, but I can’t help but think of President Obama when Titor alludes to someone trying to be a unifying Lincoln figure.
---------------------

I live in a liberal town that was plastered solid with Obama signs in 2008. I wish I had taken pictures, it was just insane. You could not go in any direction without running in to that blue and red Obama"hope" sign.
zps04b7da0c.jpg

In the years since the election this town has become much more sour; people are touchy and it seems angry even. If you aren't a liberal you really aren't welcome here. I have actually had people tell me to leave the country, both total strangers in public and people at work. OMG it is just shocking, honestly, and beyond anything I could even imagine when I was growing up, having a whole town turn on you and actively hate you, all because of a president! And I am not vocal about my political beliefs either; it seems to be more "something" about me that causes others to become unglued. People move to where I live because it is the only major city in the state, so there are a lot of rural people here. But I am not a rural country person, I am a small towner with a comfortable and educated background from a neighbor state that a lot of people don't like. Irregardless of where I am from or whether I am educated or not, that is not a reason to hate or mistreat me.

But it is very real, this conflict, and John does generally describe it. The business about Obama President Obama wanting to be a unifier like Lincoln also seems true; Obama actually quoted Lincoln in his speech at the Democratic National Convention:
‘I have been driven to my knees many times by the overwhelming conviction that I had no place else to go.”

America has been on the decline since the 1990s and the events that have happened since the 2000s including the electing of dictator/demagogue Barack Obama only underscore a continuining conflict that has yet to escalate. Just because it hasn't happened yet does not mean that it won't.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Samstwitch

Civil disobedience or civil unrest with the government is not civil war. Even if this civil unrest escalates into armed conflict, it is still not civil war.

Samstwitch

Samstwitch

Civil disobedience or civil unrest with the government is not civil war. Even if this civil unrest escalates into armed conflict, it is still not civil war.

I wrote in my comment above..."Those are the obvious beginnings of a civil war in America. Time will tell how it develops." Every Civil War has it's beginnings. These may be the begininngs of a Civil War in America.

In retrospect, I see that I should have written..."Those events could be the beginnings of a civil war in America. Time will tell how it develops." (My post has been corrected to make my point more clear.)

I also wrote..."...the national Occupy Movement should be considered the festerings of a Civil War in the USA"

In retrospect, I see that I should have written..."...the national Occupy Movement could be the festerings of a Civil War in the USA". (It also has been corrected.)

Definition of fester

I just added videos and links to my Post #23 above in case anyone is interested in the subject matter.

JTFriend

Actually I think the situation I described concerning the 2004-2005 period, and actually much of my life, is better explained by what John said about people in our time not being remembered for our selflessness, charity or ability to work together. And it is BECAUSE of that that our culture is in decline!

Peregrini

I guess no one remembers the 60's or 70's and the civil unrest, protests, conflicts with police and National Guard.
Perhaps the most famous:
The 1968 Chicago Democratic Convention
The convention was held during a year of violence, political turbulence, and civil unrest, particularly riots in more than 100 cities[3] following the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. on April 4.[4] The convention also followed the assassination of Democratic presidential hopeful Senator Robert F. Kennedy of New York, who had been murdered on June 5.[5] Both Kennedy and Senator Eugene McCarthy of Minnesota had been running against the eventual Democratic presidential nominee, Vice President Hubert Humphrey.

Chicago's mayor, Richard J. Daley, intended to showcase his and the city's achievements to national Democrats and the news media. Instead, the proceedings became notorious for the large number of demonstrators and the use of force by the Chicago police during what was supposed to be, in the words of the Yippie activist organizers, “A Festival of Life.”[4] Rioting took place between demonstrators and the Chicago Police Department, who were assisted by the Illinois National Guard. The disturbances were well publicized by the mass media, with some journalists and reporters being caught up in the violence. Network newsmen Mike Wallace and Dan Rather were both roughed up by the Chicago police while inside the halls of the Democratic Convention.[6]
1968 Democratic National Convention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And...
1960s
1960 - HUAC riot, May 13, Students protest House Un-American Activities Committee hearings, 12 injured, 64 arrested, San Francisco, California
1960 – El Cajon Boulevard Riot, August 20, San Diego, California
1960 - Jacksonville riot 1960, August 27, Jacksonville, Florida
1962 - Ole Miss riot 1962, September 3 - October 1, The University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
1963 - Cambridge riot 1963, June 14, Cambridge, Maryland
1964 - Harlem Riot of 1964, July, 18–23, New York City, New York
1964 - Rochester 1964 race riot, July 24–25, Rochester, New York
1964 - Jersey City 1964 race riot, August 2–4, Jersey City, New Jersey
1964 - Paterson 1964 race riot, August 11–13, Paterson, New Jersey
1964 - Elizabeth 1964 race riot, August 11–13, Elizabeth, New Jersey
1964 - Chicago 1964 race riot, Dixmoor riot, August 16–17, Chicago, Illinois
1964 - Philadelphia 1964 race riot, August 28–30,
1965 - Watts Riot, August 1965, Los Angeles, California
1966 - Sunset Strip curfew riots, Summer, basis for the song "For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield song)", Los Angeles, California
1966 - Division Street Riots, June 12–14, Humboldt Park, Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
1966 - Omaha riot of 1966, July 2, Omaha, Nebraska
1966 - Hunter's Point Riot, San Francisco, California
1966 - Hough Riots, July 18–24, Cleveland, Ohio
1966 - Waukegan Riot, August 27, Waukegan, Illinois
1966 - Benton Harbor Riot, August - Sept., Benton Harbor, Michigan
1966 - Atlanta riot of 1966, September 6, Atlanta, Georgia
1967 - Roxbury riot, June 2-7 Boston, Massachusetts
1967 - Tampa Riots, June 11, Tampa, Florida
1967 - Buffalo riot of 1967, June 27, Buffalo, New York
1967 - 1967 Newark riots, July 12–17, 1967, Newark, New Jersey
1967 - 1967 Plainfield riots, July 14–21, 1967, Plainfield, New Jersey
1967 - Cairo riot, July 17, Cairo, Illinois
1967 - Durham riot, July 19, Durham, North Carolina
1967 - Memphis riot, July 20, Memphis, Tennessee
1967 - Cambridge riot of 1967, July 24, a.k.a. the H. Rap Brown riot, Cambridge, Maryland
1967 - 1967 Detroit riot, July 23–29, Detroit, Michigan
1967 - Milwaukee riot, July 30, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1967 - Minneapolis North Side Riots, August, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
1967 - Dow riot, October 18, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
1968 - Orangeburg Massacre, S.C. State Univ., February 8, Orangeburg, South Carolina
1968 - Memphis riot, March 28, Memphis, Tennessee
1968 - Wilmington Riot of 1968, April 1968, Longest military occupation since Civil War, Wilmington, Delaware
1968 - 1968 Washington, D.C. riots, April 4–8, Washington, D.C.
1968 - Baltimore riot of 1968, April 6–12, Baltimore, MD
1968 - 1968 Chicago riots, West Side Riots, April 7–14, Chicago, Illinois
1968 - 1968 Kansas City riot, April 9, Kansas City, Missouri
1968 - Columbia University protests of 1968, April 23, New York City, New York
1968 - Salisbury riot, May 18–20, Salisbury, Maryland
1968 - Louisville riots of 1968, May 27, Louisville, Kentucky
1968 - Glenville Shootout, July 23–28, Cleveland, Ohio
1968 - Liberty City riot, August 7–13, Miami, Florida
1968 - 1968 Democratic National Convention protests riot, August 1968, Chicago, Illinois
1969 - Zip to Zap riot, May 9–11, Zap, North Dakota
1969 - 1969 Greensboro uprising, May 21-25, Greensboro, North Carolina
1969 - Cairo disorders, May–June, Cairo, Illinois
1969 - Stonewall riots, June 1969, New York City, New York
1969 - San Diego Riot, July 13, San Diego, California
1969 - Youngstown Riot, July 15, Youngstown, Ohio
1969 - S.E. Melee, July 21, S.E. DC, Washington, DC
1969 - Sacramento Disorder, July 17, Shootout between BPP & police, Sacramento, California
1969 - 1969 York Race Riot, July 1969, York, Pennsylvania
1969 - Passaic Disorder, August 3, Passaic, New Jersey
1969 - Hartford riot, September 2, Hartford, Conn.
1969 - Ft. Lauderdale Riot, September 2, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1969 - Las Vegas Riot, October 6, Las Vegas, Nevada
1969 - Days of Rage, October 8–11, Weathermen riot in Chicago, Chicago, Illinois

1970s
1970 - Student Strike of 1970, May 1970, USA
1970 - Lawrence Disorders, University of Kansas, April, Lawrence, Kansas
1970 - University of Maryland Riots, University of Maryland, May 1970, College Park, Maryland
1970 - Kent State Riots/Shootings, May 1970, Kent, Ohio
1970 - New Haven Green Disorders, Yale University, May 1970, New Haven, Connecticut
1970 - Hard Hat riot, Wall Street, May 8, New York City, New York
1970 - Jackson State killings, May 14–15, Jackson, Mississippi
1970 - Augusta Georgia Riot, May 1970, Augusta, Georgia
1970 - Alexandria City disorders, May 29 – June 3, Alexandria, Virginia
1970 - Russells Point disorder, July 5, Russells Point, Ohio
1970 - Yosemite Disturbance, July 5, Yosemite Nat. Park, Calif.
1970 - Pasco disturbance,July 8, Pasco, Washington
1970 - Asbury Park Riot, July 9, Asbury Park, New Jersey
1970 - Michigan City riot, July 10, Michigan City, Indiana
1970 - Highland Park disorder, July 11, Highland Park, Michigan
1970 - Hartford Riot, July 28, Hartford, Connecticut
1970 - New Bedford Riots, July, New Bedford, Mass.
1970 - Sterling Hall bombing, Univ. of Wisc., August 24, Madison, Wisconsin
1970 - Chicano Moratorium Riot, August 29, Los Angeles, California
1970 - 14th Street riot, September 21, Washington, D.C.
1970 - Georgetown Melee, October 4, 330 arrested, Washington, D.C.
1970 - Henderson disorder, November 7, 350 Guardsmen sent in, Henderson, North Carolina
1971 - Tampa disorder, January 13, Tampa, Florida
1971 - Wilmington Riot 1971, February 9, 2 killed, Wilmington, North Carolina
1971 - May Day Protests 1971, May 3, Washington, D.C.
1971 - Albuquerque riot 1971, June 14, Albuquerque, New Mexico
1971 - Student Rebellion UMCP, II, University of Maryland, May 1971, College Park, Maryland
1971 - Camden Riots, August 1971, Camden, New Jersey
1971 - Black Muslim Rally and Riot, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1971 - Fiesta de Santa Fe disorder, September 6, Santa Fe, New Mexico
1971 - Attica Prison uprising, (Attica, New York)
1972 - Student Rebellion UMCP, III, University of Maryland, May 1972, College Park, Maryland
1972 - Southern University Disorders/Shootings, November 16, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1973 - Wounded Knee incident, February 27 – May 8, Wounded Knee, South Dakota
1974 - SLA Shootout, L.A., May 17, Los Angeles, California
1974 - Ten Cent Beer Night, June 4, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Cleveland, Ohio
1974 - Baltimore police strike, July, Baltimore, Maryland
1974 - Boston Busing Race Riots anti-busing riots throughout Boston, Massachusetts
1975 - Pine Ridge Shootout, June 26, Pine Ridge, South Dakota
1975 - Livernois-Fenkell riot, July 1975, Detroit, Michigan
1976 - Escambia High School riots, February 5, Pensacola, Florida
1976 - Anti-busing riot in downtown Boston, April 5, 1976 Boston, Massachusetts
1977 - Chicago riot 1977, Humboldt Park riot, June 4–5, Chicago, Illinois
1977 - New York City blackout of 1977 disturbance, July 13–14, New York City, New York
1979 - White Night Riots, May 1979, San Francisco, California
1979 - Disco Demolition Night, July 12, Comiskey Park, Chicago, Illinois
1979 - Greensboro massacre, November 3, Greensboro, North Carolina
List of incidents of civil unrest in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Occupy movement has nothing on the turmoil I grew up in... and yet... no civil war... imagine that...You'll have to do better than that.

Octavusprime

Back on track. There has not been a civil war. Thus his prediction can be considered incorrect.

If we want to claim multiple world lines caused this discrepancy or that his meddling changed the course of time than we will never get anywhere in this discussion.