Debate John Titor Debate (The Time Tunnel)

Ren

I tire of people who can not read AND comprehend a simple sentence because they are blinded by their questionable beliefs which NO AMOUNT OF LOGIC OR FACTS CAN DISSUADE.
Yet, they inflict those that disagree with them with "Blindsightedness". I don't think I can be offended by something that IS NOT A WORD.

If you're bored with the John Titor story and tired of us, as you have just said, then why don't you leave? You seem to just be tired as is obvious in that you have lost your temper and have commenced SHOUTING.

Samstwitch

For the record, John's statement wasn't a prediction. It was a statement about something that had already happened. So I think that is very misleading to say that John predicted something that was already common knowledge.

Titor made his statements in 2001. Hawking made his statements in 2004.

Thank you Ren. I totally agree.

For anyone who wants to know the dates and how that discussion came down, as recorded on JohnTitor.com Website owned by Oliver Williams, click on the green link John Titor - Time Travel and use the "Edit" tool and do a Word Search on that page for "Hawking".

Here is MORE information about it posted on Coast to Coast AM Website: John Titor Update - Shows - Coast to Coast AM

Peregrini

Ren;
Do you have children? I do, and I found that sometimes, when they are playing and having fun they are not listening and will not hear you when you say something to them. At those times I would "raise my voice" and try to yell over the noise they are making.
Sometimes it seems necessary to "raise my voice" above the "noise" the Titor fanatics make when they are playing and having fun talking about their common fantasy.
Sorry I yelled, but you Titor sycophants just will not listen to the truth when it is presented to you. Let me try again, especially to you this time.
Look at the date at the bottom of the New York Times article. It is "Copyright 1997 The New York Times Company
February 12, 1997" Now, I won't yell but, THE DATE IS 1997... NOT 2004. Remember in my last post I said,
When you want to stand up and defend JT "try" to know what your talking about.

Ren said: ↑

Einstein said: ↑
For the record, John's statement wasn't a prediction. It was a statement about something that had already happened. So I think that is very misleading to say that John predicted something that was already common knowledge.

Thank you Ren. I totally agree.
For anyone who wants to know the dates and how that discussion came down, as recorded on JohnTitor.com Website owned by Oliver Williams, click on the green link John Titor - Time Travel and use the "Edit" tool and do a Word Search on that page for "Hawking".

Here is where I got "my" quote from JT
John Titor - Time Traveler
Pretty much the same as the link you provide
John Titor - Time Travel
And guess what? You are still WRONG!!
I will say it once again, "try" to understand the highlighted part of the Titor comment. I will post it here, by itself, to try to help you see what I am talking about.
JOHN - MAR 13, 2001: However, and as I'm sure you are aware, Stephen Hawking admits

Now we'll do this slowly... see the words " and as I'm sure you are aware"... the " you are aware" part means, oddly enough, something someone would already be aware of... Posted in 2001... pertaining to something known about in 1997... do you understand now???
Is it any wonder that sometimes when the truth is staring someone in the face, it becomes necessary to yell... "LOOK, THERE IT IS!"
My challenge still stands,
... and with ALL the claims of the Titor sycophants there has been NO proof of ANY prediction coming true... NOT ONE!!
PROVE ME WRONG... POST UNDENIABLE PROOF OF ONE...JUST ONE... OF HIS PREDICTIONS COMING TRUE... AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT DAMNED ALTERNATE TIME LINE CRAP... IT EITHER CAME TRUE HERE... OR IT DID NOT COME TRUE

PamelaM

Hawking changes his mind about black holes : Nature News
Hawking changes his mind about black holes : Nature News

Do a simple search on Google.
Put in "hawking changes his mind about blackholes."
There are several hits all saying 2004.
Do I have to post them all here for you?
I usually don't post on the debate threads cause I really don't care if
People beleive John was a real timetraveler anymore or not.
However, it kind of pisses me off when people are belittled, and insulted
Over it especially when it is done to one of my friends.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here is an interesting link on Stephen Hawking:

Stephen Hawking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stephen Hawking has been in the theoretical Black Hole business since 1974. But in 1997 he made a bet with Kip Thorne and John Preskill concerning the Black Hole information paradox. Reading John Titor's statement, there is no reference to this bet or even what the bet was about. John was talking about a stable naked singularity. Stephen was betting on an information paradox. Two different things entirely. But the fact is that Stephen had been talking about naked singularities since 1974. So this information John Titor presented was in fact available and had been around all the way back to 1974. Probable way before that too if you want to research prior history on Black Holes.

Here is an interesting link on Micro Black Holes:

Micro black hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please pay attention when you read this about the Micro Black Holes. In the first sentence it clearly states "NONE HAVE BEEN FOUND"

What I found amusing was all the references at the end of the article. Apparently the references are labelled as FICTION! And at the bottom of the list of fiction is John Titor

Ren

"Do a simple search on Google. Put in "hawking changes his mind about blackholes."
There are several hits all saying 2004."

Thank you Pam. And yes, I know you were referring to Sam as your friend. Stephen Hawking admitted nothing in 2001 or before.

Peregrini, please calm down before a blood vessel bursts in your head. Breathe, little buddy. It's alright.

PamelaM

Higgs' big loser: Why Stephen Hawking is such a bad gambler - Cosmic Log

Back in 1975, he bet Caltech physicist Kip Thorne that there was no black hole at the center of the X-ray source known as Cygnus X-1. By 1998, he conceded that the black hole was there, and got Thorne a year's subscription to Penthouse magazine as a payoff.

In 1997, Thorne and Hawking bet Caltech's John Preskill that information is completely lost when something falls into a black hole. But in 2004, Hawking changed his mind and said that information could conceivably leak out of a black hole. Hawking paid up by sending Preskill the repository of information he requested: a baseball encyclopedia. At last report, Thorne had not yet conceded

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Higgs' big loser: Why Stephen Hawking is such a bad gambler - Cosmic Log

Back in 1975, he bet Caltech physicist Kip Thorne that there was no black hole at the center of the X-ray source known as Cygnus X-1. By 1998, he conceded that the black hole was there, and got Thorne a year's subscription to Penthouse magazine as a payoff.

In 1997, Thorne and Hawking bet Caltech's John Preskill that information is completely lost when something falls into a black hole. But in 2004, Hawking changed his mind and said that information could conceivably leak out of a black hole. Hawking paid up by sending Preskill the repository of information he requested: a baseball encyclopedia. At last report, Thorne had not yet conceded

Titor didn't predict anything about this at all. He was predicting that micro black holes would be discovered at CERN. Still hasn't happened yet. Find just one reference where Titor talks about the information paradox.

PamelaM

:p I suppose the difficult part is believing that we've taken advantage of it, not that it's impossible.
LOL! Right you are John.

Ren

Time Travel, Time Machines, and how they work is a "It seems so easily obvious! I didn't think of it like that! Is that all?!" kind of feeling.