Debate John Titor Debate (The Time Tunnel)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
:p I suppose the difficult part is believing that we've taken advantage of it, not that it's impossible.
LOL! Right you are John.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Throw out the facts, reason, common sense, and just believe.

bomberman

JT said that Stephen hawking only admits that microsingularities may not totally
disappear as they evaporate in a sea of virtual particles. He also said that this possibility
was actually truth, because those were the physics behind his time machine, so to say.

Indirectly, by saying Hawking admits theres a possibility, and also saying that this
possibility is true, he says that Hawking, or at least someone, has yet to discover that this
possibility is correct. Or else, there wouldn't be any time machine for titor to travel in.
In 2004, Hawking verified that it IS true.

I'm not gonna believe on that basis, but i'm definitely not disbelieving. I'm just here to
find the truth. And i'm a little curious, the JT believers here, based on what do you
actually draw your conclusion that JT is real ?

PamelaM

Mine is based on information outside of the posting forums.
I know that doesn't help anyone out but I can't help that.
You asked. Whatever John was doing is done so it doesn't matter
If people believe it anymore.
I'm more focused on the end times now .....that's what is important now.
It's not really possible to prove to someone on the internet that they
Are a timetraveler.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
JT said that Stephen hawking only admits that microsingularities may not totally
disappear as they evaporate in a sea of virtual particles. He also said that this possibility
was actually truth, because those were the physics behind his time machine, so to say.

Indirectly, by saying Hawking admits theres a possibility, and also saying that this
possibility is true, he says that Hawking, or at least someone, has yet to discover that this
possibility is correct. Or else, there wouldn't be any time machine for titor to travel in.
In 2004, Hawking verified that it IS true.

I'm not gonna believe on that basis, but i'm definitely not disbelieving. I'm just here to
find the truth. And i'm a little curious, the JT believers here, based on what do you
actually draw your conclusion that JT is real ?

Black Holes were not discovered in 2004. They still don't exist. Hawking conceded a bet with Thorne and Preskill. The way you worded your statement makes it pure fiction.

Ren

Black Holes were not discovered in 2004. They still don't exist. Hawking conceded a bet with Thorne and Preskill. The way you worded your statement makes it pure fiction.

Who on the forum said that black holes were discovered in 2004? Just who in this debate is following it carefully?

The astronomical phenomenon exists. We call it a 'black hole' today because of terminology we came up with many years ago. Of course it isn't a 'hole' in space but rather a super massive marble that sucks in less massive elements. There is a black hole at the center of every galaxy and a black hole is the reason why stars within each galaxy revolve around it. It turns out that there is a super massive black hole like core in the center of every planet, moon and star and this is what causes gravity to a greater or lesser degree.

If it exists in math, it exists to a greater or lesser degree in nature. Therefore, singularities exist in nature. They are rare, but do exist.

Ren

Mine is based on information outside of the posting forums.
I know that doesn't help anyone out but I can't help that.
You asked. Whatever John was doing is done so it doesn't matter
If people believe it anymore.
I'm more focused on the end times now .....that's what is important now.
It's not really possible to prove to someone on the internet that they
Are a timetraveler.

John Titor 1's job is complete.
But others may be working on the "end times".
Humanity is not ready for the "end times" yet.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Who on the forum said that black holes were discovered in 2004? Just who in this debate is following it carefully?

The astronomical phenomenon exists. We call it a 'black hole' today because of terminology we came up with many years ago. Of course it isn't a 'hole' in space but rather a super massive marble that sucks in less massive elements. There is a black hole at the center of every galaxy and a black hole is the reason why stars within each galaxy revolve around it. It turns out that there is a super massive black hole like core in the center of every planet, moon and star and this is what causes gravity to a greater or lesser degree.

If it exists in math, it exists to a greater or lesser degree in nature. Therefore, singularities exist in nature. They are rare, but do exist.

Titor predicted Black Holes would be discovered. Bomberman is claiming Hawking discovered Black Holes in 2004 because he conceded a bet he had with Thorne and Preskill. But Hawking didn't discover or confirm the existence of any Black Holes in 2004. All Hawking did was concede a bet. Some how Bomberman has decided that Titor predicted Hawking would discover Black Holes. Which is a pure fabrication on Bomberman's part. And he knows it.

The astronomical phenomena of Black Holes does not exist. It is also a pure fabrication by the scientific community. Prove me wrong!

Also you are apparently making things up about Black Holes as well.

Peregrini

All righty then. I had a fair to midling day, how about all of you? PamelaM, it's good to see you have joined the fray.
It seems any time I have the slightest question about JT, the rabid Titor fanatics go crazy. It is good for the forum though.
So, shall we begin... again?
First, I would like you to understand that, I, at no time, tried to debunk "JT" in these posts. I was responding to bomberman's post alleging that JT had made an accurate prediction. I wasn't debunking the "prediction" because IT was not "a prediction". I was pointing out that it is, in fact, a "statement" made by JT during a conversation with Darby. A statement that referred to something Hawking had "already" done. Bomberman, mistakenly thought that this statement was one made in 2004. It was, in fact, stated in 1997 as the New York Times article clearly demonstrates. In your zeal to head off anything that contradicts JT and his story, you have tried to prove and protect a prediction that, quite simply, is not a prediction.
Remember, I asked you to read and "try" to understand Titor's post.
I will try one more time to explain to the Titor worshipers why they are wrong... again.
Titor's statement:
JOHN - MAR 13, 2001: However, and as I'm sure you are aware, Stephen Hawking admits that his own equations support the "possibility" that microsingularities may not totally disappear as they evaporate in a sea of virtual particles and in fact may leave behind a very stable naked singularity. I'm sure you can look that up. I suppose the difficult part is believing that we've taken advantage of it, not that it's impossible.

Notice the 2 sentences that "should" be sufficient, for anyone who chooses to think, not just have a knee jerk reaction to an assumed threat to their fantasy, to understand that JT was referencing a past event. Not just a past event to "him" but also to Darby. They are;
1 "and as I'm sure you are aware"... meaning... already known
2 "I'm sure you can look that up"... why would JT ask him to look up something in 2001 that wasn't going to happen until 2004

Now the sentence that devalues the "proof" you all have offered that, the reference to Hawking happened in 2004, not 1997.
"Stephen Hawking admits that his own equations support the "possibility" that microsingularities may not totally disappear as they evaporate in a sea of virtual particles and in fact may leave behind a very stable naked singularity."
I would like to draw your attention to the words... naked singularity.

February 12, 1997
Dr. Stephen W. Hawking of Cambridge University in England -- the brilliant theorist regarded as one of Albert Einstein's intellectual successors -- has conceded defeat in a famous bet he made six years ago on a matter of cosmic significance.
The bet he made with two professors at the California Institute of Technology was that naked singularities could not exist, and now, it seems, they could -- maybe.
New York Times story on naked singularity bet
Notice:
1 "has conceded defeat in a famous bet he made six years ago"... that would be 1991... he conceded the "possibility" in 1997
2 "The bet he made with two professors at the California Institute of Technology was that naked singularities could not exist"... THIS BET was about naked singularities... the "things" that allegedly made JT's time travel possible.
Now, if you can, again, read and comprehend the articles you all have referenced as your proof, you will notice "they" do not address naked singularities. They address the loss of information in a black hole. Different stuff...
I will not quote any of your posts...this time...
I will not single out any one of you as wrong ( I guess except bomberman, sorry dude) because, In This Case... you are ALL WRONG.
I did not bash your precious Titor nor one of his "predictions"... YET!
You fubbed up... get over it... the more you try to protect Titor and prove he was a real time traveler... the more you will fub up.
In closing;
I see that once again, no one will take up my challenge to provide proof of just ONE of Titor's "predictions" that came true... in "this" time line... I patiently await.