Larry Haber June 12th, 10pm, Fade to Black

paradox404

Damn, been too busy to surf the web lately and missed something like this live... Oh well, thank god youtube exists.

Interesting that the person who wrote that letter as Titor mentions a 5% divergence rate and attempting to avert a WW3. I have always thought of doing that too, in particular, a number that got stuck in my head was a required divergence of 5.290101% to correct the timeline, and If I ever complete a time machine, I would go back to prevent the NWO, thus preventing WW3.

Weird.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Damn, been too busy to surf the web lately and missed something like this live... Oh well, thank god youtube exists.

Interesting that the person who wrote that letter as Titor mentions a 5% divergence rate and attempting to avert a WW3. I have always thought of doing that too, in particular, a number that got stuck in my head was a required divergence of 5.290101% to correct the timeline, and If I ever complete a time machine, I would go back to prevent the NWO, thus preventing WW3.

Weird.

Do you believe in the multiple timeline theory, because you'd only be preventing it in one timeline.

paradox404

Weird.

Do you believe in the multiple timeline theory, because you'd only be preventing it in one timeline.

Sort of, I have my own theory on time that I might post at some later date. Depending on how time works I'd either be changing world lines or changing/rearranging several trillions. (That doesn't include any "ripples" that randomly change Worldline .)

I believe this has been mentioned by Titor, but all things will happen, are happening, and has happened on some worldline. This is one where I attempt it. Do I succeed? Perhaps. Time will tell. (Pun intended)

Besides which, the Omega convergence field on this "attractor field" is only accessable through manafacture. (My new definition of an attractor field is the maxiumum range of a mathmatically perfect time machine.)

Snow

I listened to this show the other day on youtube. You know, Haber said that he had talked to Kay, not that often, but that (based on the things being discussed) sometimes he, John, seemed to be in the room with her. I found that interesting. I was annoyed that he can't even seem to remember exact dates or even years that these convos took place. For real? Or was he being a lawyer? I looked at that JohnTitorFoundation.com site and while puzzling over it, I started to wonder if one of those John's decided to stay in this world line. Then I read that Beyond Highbow blog post by Robert Lindsey and that John is trying to prevent the World War by increasing the divergence. F'ing A, right? Let's don't get nuked! I love that concept. LOL

Both Haber and Oliver Williams (who showed up as a call in later in the show) seem almost "uninterested" in JT. Both claiming that they don't spend much time thinking about it - and Oliver said he hasn't even looked at his website in a couple years. eh? I guess I understand that in a way since TT is a subject of great interest to me, yet I don't spend much time with it anymore. Getting sucked back in for awhile, slightly obsessed, then back to my life. 2004-2008 I was daily immersed in it. But, sheesh - 2 f'ing years? Then I started to wonder if it even really was Oliver Williams. The way he discussed how amazing the "no WMD in Iraq" I was like what the heck? He said JT said these things before there was ever a thought about a war in Iraq? Well that is just plain BS. Iraq ended cooperation with UN weapons inspectors in 1998. So the only thing really remarkable was that JT said we wouldn't find any. Anyway - he got other key points of the saga wrong. Who was that guy? LOL

Snow

Weird.

As long as she prevents it in this one, the one that I am conscious of, I'm all in! Go Paula!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
seem to remember exact dates or even years that these convos took place. For real?

I don't know. I know by experience that 40+ means a horrible memory. I can't remember crap, either.

I started to wonder if one of those John's decided to stay in this world line.

I agree. I often wonder if he really left.

IroncladMarshmallow

If I were a time traveler, I would avoid lawyers like the plague. If I wasn't a time traveler, I'd avoid lawyers like the plague. Especially if I was a time traveler who grew up in the aftermath of civil war and WW3. Do you really think they're going to have ANY social support under such circumstances? They'll be as unpopular as cops, politicians, and leprosy.

Ren

That guy John D. Titor is not Titor. He is a guy who has taken some of John Titor's post and has tried to guess what is happening from those posts. He is guessing that John is trying to stop nuclear war by diverging the timelines. He is also guessing that John knows in great detail what Bigfoot is -- which ain't the case.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
That guy John D. Titor is not Titor. He is a guy who has taken some of John Titor's post and has tried to guess what is happening from those posts. He is guessing that John is trying to stop nuclear war by diverging the timelines. He is also guessing that John knows in great detail what Bigfoot is -- which ain't the case.

People are taking that guy way too seriously. I read it once and dismissed it.

Ren

People are taking that guy way too seriously. I read it once and dismissed it.

I'm shocked that more people haven't dismissed it. When Alexander talked about Saint Germaine, I could tell that he was playing the role.

John D. isn't playing the role. He really believes what he typed about Bigfoot.