minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Crosstika

Re: [Combined] minuteman project and Waco type events thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
Well, if 80 to 90 percent of Americans want something, and somone who needs to worry about election for himself and his party isn't doing something about it, theres a reason. Bush (and Clinton) and the rest in washington are standing against an overwhelming majority of public sentiment, politicians don't do that unless that something helps further an agenda. [/b]

So if illegal immigration is on W's agenda, why is it still illegal? Why not change the law like he did with other things that really were in his agenda?

Why not propagandize americans into accepting immigration like they do with everything else they want us to swallow?

80-90 percent of americans oppose illegal immigration, white supremicists comprise a much smaller part of the population.[/b]

Ok, so how does this translate to this?

So the MMP is a populous movement, and the white supremicists are not. .[/b]

Do the minutemen comprise a large amount of the population? Last I heard it was only a couple hundred. Is that not true? I'd bet you a MILLION DOLLARS there are more white supremacists in american than minutemen....How are they not a populous movement according to your logic? They share beliefs that 80-90 percent of americans do, like you said.. what makes them different?

Sometimes it does, depends how strong it is. ?What we have on the border agenda is pretty strong.[/b]

Sorry man, but you can't get away from the truth

Dictionary.com

circumstance;

A condition or fact attending an event and having some bearing on it; determining or modifying factor.

Conditions surrounding an event is in no way proof of anything, having "some" bearing is not proof. A determination is a judgement of something not hard proof.

Darkwolf

So if illegal immigration is on W's agenda, why is it still illegal? Why not change the law like he did with other things that really were in his agenda?

Why not propagandize americans into accepting immigration like they do with everything else they want us to swallow?
Have you heard about the guest worker program hes trying to push through? Americans, especially near the border are having a tough time swallowing that and other programs like welfare and college educations for illegals. Nonetheless it is happening. They must keep them illegal in a way so that they do not demand the same wages that American workers can.

Do the minutemen comprise a large amount of the population? Last I heard it was only a couple hundred. Is that not true? I'd bet you a MILLION DOLLARS there are more white supremacists in american than minutemen....How are they not a populous movement according to your logic? They share beliefs that 80-90 percent of americans do, like you said.. what makes them different?

The minutemen themselves do not comprise a large part of the population, however people who want the illegals out make up 80-90 percent of it. The minutemen are acting on the majority concensis. White supremicist feeling is not nearly so widespread. Also as I said before the Arizona guard is not a white supremicist group, you are falling for the propaganda.

Sorry man, but you can't get away from the truth

Dictionary.com

circumstance;

A condition or fact attending an event and having some bearing on it; determining or modifying factor.

Sorry, but you can't twist my words like that. Now look up circumstantial evidence.

Crosstika

Have you heard about the guest worker program hes trying to push through? Americans, especially near the border are having a tough time swallowing that and other programs like welfare and college educations for illegals. Nonetheless it is happening.[/b]

So immigration isn't illegal anymore?

They must keep them illegal in a way so that they do not demand the same wages that American workers can. [/b]

Where's your proof?

The minutemen themselves do not comprise a large part of the population,[/b]

So how do they represent a populace movement? Like I've pointed out white supremacists have the same views and there are more of them. Your logic is biased here.

however people who want the illegals out make up 80-90 percent of it. The minutemen are acting on the majority concensis. White supremicist feeling is not nearly so widespread. [/b]

So how are white supremacists not acting on the majority concensis? As I've pointed out, they dwarf the MMP in size and share the same views....

Sorry, but you can't twist my words like that. ?Now look up circumstantial evidence.[/b]

Have it your way..

circumstantial evidence;

Evidence not directly bearing on fact but on various attendant circumstances from which the judge or jury might infer the occurence of the fact in dispute?

So, OK What about this screams HARD PROOF of anything? Please do tell......

Crosstika

?Also as I said before the Arizona guard is not a white supremicist group..

.[/b]

Can you prove it?

KiraSjon

Here's an interesting article (it's from the end of march, but hey, I'm slow :p ) I'm sure y'all heard about this as well - I just thought perhaps the quotes were pertinent to the conversation.

http://www.douglasdispatch.com/articles/20...20supremacy.txt

\"That's not what being white is about,\" said Casey Nethercott, head of Arizona Guard, a Douglas-based militia. \"If you're an American, then you're welcome in this country. If not, then get out.\"

Nethercott said white supremacists and Latin- American gangs are un-American and should be driven out of the country.

Similar flyers were distributed in Sierra Vista and Tombstone-only a week before the Minuteman Project, an anti-illegal immigration protest that will take place on the border in Cochise County.

\"Unfortunately, this is the beginning of what we can expect of the kinds of people that are attracted to the Minuteman Project,\" said Douglas Mayor Ray Borane.

But organizers of the Minuteman Project deny any connection with white supremacists or the National Alliance, citing instead that the racist flyers were generated by local activists- including Borane-who are interested in sabotaging the Minuteman protest and rally.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
Can you prove it?[/b]

I have to ask, if Darkman offered a link from the Onion, you read what was posted there and you replied that offering the onion as a source for information was just like offering information from The National Lampoon, then Darkman response back to you was "Prove It" How would you take that as a position for constructive discussion, when it is obviously bait?

KiraSjon

That's an interesting point Starlord...

Instead of just saying "prove it" or waiting for it or something of that nature, maybe we should all try and see what we can offer to illustrate to one another how and/or we came to the opinions that we have. Perhaps that would shed some light for us all on why we feel the way we do. Just a thought...

Crosstika

I have to ask, if Darkman offered a link from the Onion, you read what was posted there and you replied that offering the onion as a source for information

Where did I ever say it was valid information? I don't know those guys names are hank or if jethro ever shot his dog.

was just like offering information from The National Lampoon, then Darkman response back to you was "Prove It"

If I wanted I could ask him to prove all those things he posted, if I felt like it...

How would you take that as a position for constructive discussion, when it is obviously bait?

What's your proof it was bait?

KiraSjon

What's your proof it was bait?[/b]

I think that was his interpretation Cross...

At any rate! Let's get back to the actual discussion now, shall we? :grin:

Lucidus

Where did I ever say it was ?valid information?[/b]

In post #1110 of this thread. I said the Onion piece was funny but inaccurate, you said "how so?". You know that it is not valid information, so why would you ask?