minuteman project and Waco type events thread

StarLord

Re: [Combined] minuteman project and Waco type events thread

Crosstika,
Regarding your stance on information from the Onion when folks pointed out that it was usless as a source for information when cornered, your answer was " It was funny"
You still hedged about the fact that it sucks as a source for information.

We have all crossed the stream of baiting before, we don't need to prove something that obvious. Are you implying that you yourself do not know when you are baiting someone?

KiraSjon

Alright Y'all.

Unless it pertains to the minutemen or something of the like, please take it to pm's. We don't need to be analyzing each other like this here. That's not the purpose of this thread. I really hope I'm making myself clear. Please direct the conversation back to the actual topic.

Thanks.

Edited to correct my horrid spelling :p

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"KiraSjon\")</div>
I think that was his interpretation Cross...

At any rate! Let's get back to the actual discussion now, shall we? :grin:[/b]

Point of information KiraSjon if I may. I think its more than necessary to find some type of foundation regarding baiting and the majorities concensus when it comes to being obnoxious. There is debate that is constructive and serves as a vehicle for learning and there is argument and the devils advocate stance just for the sake of argument. Such stances are typtified by single sentence queries such as :

"And?"
"So?"
"Prove it"
"So Who Cares?"
"And I need to know that because?"
"Your point is?"

Questions like this are non constructive and serve more to insult the person asked than should be.

Kira, my whole point is establishing a frame work whereby very little can be mistaken as baiting or just plain arguement for the sake of argument.

I do not want to see this thread closed and I am trying to see that does not happen again.

KiraSjon

Excellent point Star. I completely agree with you and I hope every person responding this thread reads your post and gives it some serious consideration. We should all speak to each other with the intelligence we have and attempt to deepen our arguments by providing as much proof as possible, or at least a reference point or something. To back up opinion with opinion serves no one but the opinionated - likewise, to make frivolous statements in order sneak a rise out of the other person insults us all. Posting for posting's sake is silly. We're all smart enough to say something insightful so let's give that a shot and try to cut back on the one lined zingers. There's just no room for it and I really wish it would stop.

All of that being said, please, let's get back to talking about the minutemen and discontinue analyzing each other. I reopened the thread so we could continue on the minutemen, not have a psychological discussion on the art of intelligent debate. No one is forcing us to reply to anything we don't want to. It's all a matter of choice on how we conduct ourselves. No one here needs the last word.

Judge Bean

OK, first of all, thank you very much for reopening the thread, Kira, if you're the one who did that, but I have to complain that your callalily picture as the sequel to the previous one is sort of like an Easter Sunday after a Saturday night out all night, and, inasmuch as the harsh distinction is not lost on some of us, a vague disappointment.

And it looks like you had a good reason to cut the thread, if the recent material is an indication of what you were trying to scotch.

Secondly, Crosstika, your approach to this is all wrong. You have us all wrong. You have no need to fear that you will be categorized as this or that if you find things you agree with here and say so. No one will lump you in with fascists or greedy earthkillers. No one will suppose that you are a racist or sexist.

And no one here is any of those things. So, there being no beef on your part, you need to stop challenging and daring and inviting members outside to settle stuff. Maybe you should change your provocative pen-name, too, since it seems to be a statement to the effect that you believe that activist Christians are fascists. I assure you that this is not the case, and that many of the "new right" and "neocons" would be the first to be rounded up if and when the New World Order takes over.

Hadn't thought of that, eh?

Yes, you see, anyone who has strong opinions and beliefs is a threat to the New World Order, elements of which now manipulate and dictate to citizens in the arena of "public opinion" and "politics." Anyone who believes that he is himself, personally, responsible for the use of his own soul, represents a danger to those who have tasted great power and want to grab as much wealth as they can.

You will find yourself in the same pen as all of the Evangelicals. In the next pen over, communicating to you through knocking on the pipes, will be the libertarians, homosexuals, Catholics-- assuming you are none of those.

StarLord

I would be interested in Paul's take on what's going on right now down there and how he see it.

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
In post #1110 of this thread. I said the Onion piece was funny but inaccurate, you said \"how so?\". You know that it is not valid information, so why would you ask?[/b]

How is me asking why you made the statement proof of me thinking it was accurate? Is it a crime to ask your opinion?

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>
Secondly, Crosstika, your approach to this is all wrong. You have us all wrong. You have no need to fear that you will be categorized as this or that if you find things you agree with here and say so. No one will lump you in with fascists or greedy earthkillers. No one will suppose that you are a racist or sexist.

I assure you that this is not the case, and that many of the \"new right\" and \"neocons\" would be the first to be rounded up if and when the New World Order takes over.

Hadn't thought of that, eh?[/b]

I hadn't sir, you are correct. Maybe you could explain the basis for your theory..?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J.Lyon\")</div>
Yes, you see, anyone who has strong opinions and beliefs is a threat to the New World Order, elements of which now manipulate and dictate to citizens in the arena of \"public opinion\" and \"politics.\" Anyone who believes that he is himself, personally, responsible for the use of his own soul, represents a danger to those who have tasted great power and want to grab as much wealth as they can.

You will find yourself in the same pen as all of the Evangelicals. In the next pen over, communicating to you through knocking on the pipes, will be the libertarians, homosexuals, Catholics-- assuming you are none of those.[/b]

This is one scary future, what do you base this on?

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Point of information KiraSjon if I may. I think its more than necessary to find some type of foundation regarding baiting and the majorities concensus when it comes to being obnoxious. There is debate that is constructive and serves as a vehicle for learning and there is argument and the devils advocate stance just for the sake of argument. Such stances are typtified by single sentence queries such as :

\"And?\"
\"So?\"
\"Prove it\"
\"So Who Cares?\"
\"And I need to know that because?\"
\"Your point is?\"

Questions like this are non constructive and serve more to insult the person asked than should be.

.[/b]

How so?

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"KiraSjon\")</div>
Excellent point Star. I completely agree with you and I hope every person responding this thread reads your post and gives it some serious consideration. We should all speak to each other with the intelligence we have and attempt to deepen our arguments by providing as much proof as possible, or at least a reference point or something. To back up opinion with opinion serves no one but the opinionated - likewise, to make frivolous statements in order sneak a rise out of the other person insults us all. Posting for posting's sake is silly. We're all smart enough to say something insightful so let's give that a shot and try to cut back on the one lined zingers. There's just no room for it and I really wish it would stop.

All of that being said, please, let's get back to talking about the minutemen and discontinue analyzing each other. I reopened the thread so we could continue on the minutemen, not have a psychological discussion on the art of intelligent debate. No one is forcing us to reply to anything we don't want to. It's all a matter of choice on how we conduct ourselves. No one here needs the last word.[/b]

Hopefully this will help you Crosstika.