My abduction and time travel experience

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: My Abduction & Time Travel Experience

while I love the idea of time travel I can't get passed what my grandpa use to say
there is no time boy, there is only hear and now. then he would say its like river????? if you pour a cup of water into the river, can you then dip out the same cup of water again. the river water is here now but tomarrow it will be a whole diffrant river of water.
same river diffrant water.????? still it is fun to ponder the poss. huh?????:D

gonzogirl

Timedrifter said:
I think it was time for the future me to simply start putting in the work for all the stuff that seemed to come easy in the beginning or to simply ensure certain future elements have a high probability and are more likely to happen.

So what about the theory that states that one cannot travel back in time to a date that exists before time travel was first done.
Thats why Hawking thought that we didnt see any real TT tourists.
Too much for our little brains to handle?

Num7

Administrator
Staff

If anything anywhere at everytime exists at once, it's then possible to travel from a timeline to another, like Titor said. I wonder what kind of time travel TimeDrifter is about to do ?

It can be possible that time travel requires what you sais, gonzogirl, but it would prevent us from upgrading our time machines. I mean, if you can't travel before the machine was created, if you upgrade it or change it, the "tunnels" doesn't exist anymore, it's not the same after the change.

Num7 :)

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I must not understand
I thought, if you were to go to a time, befor time travel, then the mechine you used to travel, would dissappear as soon as you got to your time destination. leaving you with no way home, for a few hundred/thousand yrs. or so. rite??? I mean why would the mechine from the future not work as designed upto the point it stopped at a time befor its makeing. I mean untill it stops, its opperating outside the time stream, and not affected by the constraints of any given moment rite????(like you don't get wet when you go through a storm in the mechine cause your not realy there till you stop. or did I miss somthin????

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
I must not understand
I thought, if you were to go to a time, befor time travel, then the mechine you used to travel, would dissappear as soon as you got to your time destination. leaving you with no way home, for a few hundred/thousand yrs. or so. rite??? I mean why would the mechine from the future not work as designed upto the point it stopped at a time befor its makeing. I mean untill it stops, its opperating outside the time stream, and not affected by the constraints of any given moment rite????(like you don't get wet when you go through a storm in the mechine cause your not realy there till you stop. or did I miss somthin????[/quote

I think that the machine would not disappear, I mean if a person is a TT they wouldnt disappear so I dont think the machine would, it is something brought in.
I just dont get the timeline thing..I mention it on another thread but I just dont get why we would have 100 similar worlds....
they wouldnt be similare because when we are in our world there are too many outside factors to influence..
shit now Im confused.
I also try not to think about how big the universe is or how it statred...
not our planet, the UNIVERSE
I know that kc thinks that GOD created everything so I know what hes gonna say, but oh well I should just stop.:eek:

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I explained the timeline theory in the other thread (well, the way I see it). :)

To answer to kc:
If we assume that we can't get back in time before the moment the machine was created, there's no problem about getting back in time. At least, getting back at the time the machine was powered on. It's then impossible to get earlier than the moment when the machine was powered on.

If you create a machine right now, imagine that a time traveller from 2020 just arrives in your time 5 minutes after you powered on the machine.
The guy is from 2020, and used the time-tunnel created to get back in time. That tunnel started in 2008, and will go as far as you don't shut the machine down in the future. As the tunnel starts in 2008, the time traveller can't get back to 2000 for exemple: the time machine wasn't yet invented. Here, the time traveller travels in the tunnel created by the time machine.

If you travel like in Back to the Future, there's no problems, you simply travel with the time machine: it travels with you. So wherever you go, you can get always back to the present, or go somewhere else in time, without limit (Yeah, if you have some gas !).

Num7 :)

kcwildman

Beastmaster

well if the devise is a stationary mechine ok, then you need it to travel.got it, but a devise of that nature, would be more of a window, than a travel mechine. it would depend totaly on the power supply of the devise in its own time . I mean to use a devise like that would be realy dumb.and if the devise is one you ride in, then you get to the part of the story where you have to decide if the raw elliments would maintain there molded form, or revert to the natural state for the time they are now in/ie poof a pile of dust.:confused:

gonzogirl

I bet time travel will end up like the original Star trek series!
Beam me up Scotty.........

Num7

Administrator
Staff

kc wildman said:
If the devise is one you ride in, then you get to the part of the story where you have to decide if the raw elliments would maintain there molded form, or revert to the natural state for the time they are now in/ie poof a pile of dust.:confused:
That's another practical problem with time travel, we don't know what happens to the machine when we get back in time. It can stay as it is like in Back to the Future, or it can return to dust, because it was in this state at the time you're going.

Using the timelines theory would prevent these problems. The only new problem it would bring would be the amount of matter in each universe. If I get to another timeline, I'm no longer in my original timeline, so there's less matter in there. Same thing for the destination timeline, I wasn't there before, so there's more matter there. :confused:

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

yeh this rabbit hole is deep, and dark too.I never got on the mutli. vers bus
to me it just is not time travel, its dimensional travel, with no hope of return.
and no way of knowing what time/year you will enter the deminsion at. till you get there. just like the show (Sliders) you don't know where your going till you get there.and then like you said what about the crittcal mass threashold. does extra mass make the earth go off balance????does the mass removed make that line collaps???? not to mention will your body even work???I mean we are liveng in a world that runs at (60hrz in the US) and as such we have become acoustom to it as a static/background noise. what happens to us if that static is removed or changed??? will we be able to interact with them???? will they even see us???? will we still be vibrating at the 2008 frequancey????then we get to the 12 monkeys plot. will our bodys be able to deal with the germs of the day???? will there bodys be able to deal with our germs???? I love this stuff, but it will make you nuts to think it through.