Need advice: How to care for a sick bird

TimeFlipper

My cat brought me a sick, young mocking bird. It's not a baby. It has one eye, but it is an old wound and healed over. It won't fly but tries. It acts sleepy. It drank some water from a dropper but it isn't interested in seeds or canned cat food. I have it in a box wrapped in a cloth. It pooped, so it must not be starving. If I put it back outside, my cat or another predator will get it. Should I let it die in peace in the box? Any advice? Should I be worried about catching a disease from it?
Get it some worms to eat and bird food Paula..And dont worry you wont catch "bird flu" :D
Remember he was "sent" to you for care :).

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My cat brought me a sick, young mocking bird. It's not a baby. It has one eye, but it is an old wound and healed over. It won't fly but tries. It acts sleepy. It drank some water from a dropper but it isn't interested in seeds or canned cat food. I have it in a box wrapped in a cloth. It pooped, so it must not be starving. If I put it back outside, my cat or another predator will get it. Should I let it die in peace in the box? Any advice? Should I be worried about catching a disease from it?
Get it some worms to eat and bird food Paula..And dont worry you wont catch "bird flu" :D

See above, silly. It died.

CDS

Last year I came across a Robin in a similar state. It was at this time I was made aware that it is against the law for unlicensed people to care for wildlife. After some googling, I came across one of three people licensed in my state (RI) to do so that happen to live a mile away.

TimeFlipper

See above, silly. It died.
Damn it Paula i didnt read that far back lol :p:D Its in the final peace now :)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Last year I came across a Robin in a similar state. It was at this time I was made aware that it is against the law for unlicensed people to care for wildlife. After some googling, I came across one of three people licensed in my state (RI) to do so that happen to live a mile away.

I don't care what the law is. LOL. I'm going to help a living being in need regardless, but yes, bringing it to someone who can help it is also a good thing.