One way time travel opportunity. Would you go?

Himalayan Hermit

What if some weirdo appeared on your lawn and offered you a one way time travel journey.

You can time travel once. Only once to the past or the future, the choice is yours. But take your time to think about it, as there will be no going back. It's a one way ticket to another time.

Where would you go? Would you even go at all?

P.S. Don't tell me we are all "one way time travelling" at a rate of 1 second per second. Please don't! :p

Btw, you didn't specify if it would be our timeline or an alternate timeline? :D

Num7

Administrator
Staff
And about that 1 second per second... Is it a one way trip without any way out for certain?

Justinian

I'm reading a book now that is kinda like this. Although there wasn't really a choice in the matter. Astronauts that land in a 13th century Mongol village. 21st century soldiers crashing their helicopter in 1895 Afghanistan. When you start to think about all the peculiarities of what happens to the people that you encounter in the past.. things get hairy. Maybe the sex with aliens thread can bring this up as a potential thing.. travel so far into the future that only aliens inhabit Earth. Do you copulate with them or not? LOL.. On that matter.. just think of what happens no matter which way you go and lets say it's an alternate timeline you end up in.. well maybe in that past/future human life didn't take on Earth and so aliens just came in and settled here for good.

I'm still doing it though. Saving up my lottery winning numbers and gonna carry them with me just in case I ever get this chance. I'll pass them down for as many generations as it takes.