Ouija Boards 2005

darkbreed

Re: Ouija Boards

I don't like ouija bords much as with them you manifest the spirits into this world, I find it much safer to go to their worlds, by astral travel. Then you can hook up in person and have a party

Maggot7

Dude don't mess around with Quija boards Just asking for demons to attack you I've played with it acouple of times and freaky stuff happened and my dad told me a story about when he was a teen he and some friends were playing with board and asked who is here and the board repied the devil then they saw a freaky looking face staring at them through the window and when they went out side there was no foot prints leading to the window

smokeringhalo

Ouija boards work however they lie the majority of the time.
Being skeptical of them myself, I used one alone which you are never ever supposed to do, but my curiousity was satisfied that it was not moving under my physical control but from something unexplained. The "messages" were always more aggressive/meaner/more vulgar when used alone than in a group, but I have had physical threats from them in both situations regardless.
Nothing good has ever come from the Ouija - beware.

pearlheartgtr

To me, Ouija boards are all in the eye of the user/beholder. If you have a couple of kids messing around, then you most likely have one of them moving the planchette. When you have a couple of people just trying to find out about their personal life, you usually have one of them subconsciously moving said planchette. But then there are the others who are more serious about using the board who get real results.

I can tell you many personal experiences I have had with the witchboard. I was known in my friend's family as a Ouija witch. My friend's mom was a wiccan and she taught us how to protect ourselves when we used the witchboard. Note that I say witchboard and not Ouija. We made paper cutouts of the alphabet and placed them in a circle on the table. The planchette was a wine glass turned upside-down, which is a bit harder to 'push' around than the Milton-Bradley felt covered feet of their planchette. You couldn't just push it because you could feel the motion. We lightly touched the glass with a finger each and the damn thing would move around the table like a knock-hockey puck. Sometimes faster than we could keep up. But we had to be diligent and aware of everything to keep up so that neither of us would lose contact and potentially cause a cataclysmic disaster (or as the fear was put into us by 'mom').

My friend's mother also instructed us that if we wanted to contact someone we knew, we would have to place a personal object of theirs on the board, inside the circle somewhere. Whether it be theirs personally or if they gave it to you. We did that and contacted my friend's dead ex. Being floored was not the word for it.

There is too much to go into here on this post to tell you about all that has gone on with those contacts.

But I was called the Ouija Witch because I 'knew' what was going to be said within the first letter pointed to. My friend would almost have hysterics at what I would say because those were things only her BF said and I never knew him or about him before then. All I learned about him was from those sessions afterwards.

The automatic writing is also another story.

I really don't think that every Ouija board is a gateway or portal to allow evil or the devil to come through and take possession of your body. Since I don't believe in God or Satan, I kinda see it as moot. Though I did take the movie Witchboard to heart as a user's guide, lol.

If you know what you are doing and know how to protect yourself, then you should not have a problem with otherworldly nasties coming to haunt you. One way is to form a circle of protection around yourself (which we were brought through excercizes) and to denounce the spirit and any power you have given it (by calling it to the board in the first place) when you are finished with it. The last thing is to call a "1-2-3 Break" so that you and your witchboard partner can break your touch on the planchette/glass at the same time so that you are broken from the connection stimulaniously and not leave an open port.

That is just my view of the Ouija board. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask or ping me on the IM.

--pearl

PapaSmurph

I despise Quija Boards with my entire being. There is nothing, nothing worse than leaving an open-call available for ethereal forces to pick up on. To put it in simple terms, one could witness a very awesome display of energy if one where to stand in a thunderstorm holding a metal rod, but witnessing such power, when and if it takes place, is something that profoundly affects you and one should never just sit and wait with one's unprotected hand grasping that rod, or in this case, pointer.

The origin of the Quija is no doubt interesting, I might do more research one day when i'm forced to deal with these horrible things on a more regular basis, but suffice to say, Parker Bros. mass producing these things may not have been the best idea in the world. Any object which comes into contact with ethereal forces retains some trace of the energies present, if those energies were sufficiently powerful, and if they physically manifested in the form of a moving pointer on a Quija Board (an extraordinary effort for an ethereal being, as the nature of most interaction is mental and spiritual, not physical for such beings), then even once you've locked that scary board away in the closet, it is still humming with the energies that were moving the pointer a short time ago. Those energies can remain, disperse, grow and even become independent or attractant towards other ethereal forces. The more a Quiji Board is used successfully, the more likely these energies are to remain permanently. It is never a good idea to have uncontrolled spiritual energies present in your home, and the more energy present in a Quija board, the less containable it is, both by the board, by you, and by the physical reality around you that is becoming infested with the energies in the board, allowing said energies to gain more influence over physical reality in the area. Quija boards lead to all sorts of terrible things.

The idea of a Quija Board is a bad one, the idea of any "magical" item being mass-produced is a terrible idea, just like its not a good idea to distribute firearms to every Tom, Dick, and John Titor. Rituals and other forms of gathering spiritual energy, including elements present in the design of the Quija Board, are ultimately unnessicary and in the end, counterproductive, as the ability to gather and manipulate spiritual energies originates within the person performing said Rituals, not within the words, lines in the sand, or foul little concoctions that people seem to enjoy making from the recipies in those "spell books" that these aging hippies and frustrated housewives sell.

If you own a Quija Board, and don't want to trouble yourself with destroying it, i'll do it for you, just let me know, i'll be happy to take another loaded gun off the streets.

Lucidus

Man I never thought that this thread would last so long.

I am afraid to ask what you guys think of Monopoly.

JediStryker

In my opinion, Ouija boards can be whatever you make them to be.

I do not believe in 'ghosts' in the sense that I do not believe that our spirits are allowed to linger here after death. The Bible makes it fairly clear that there are two destinations in the afterlife: heaven and hell.

Most Ouija board activity is likely someone either intentionally or subconsciously moving the pointer. Afterall, when you're a bunch of kids playing with a Ouija board, you're not REALLY trying to conjur spirits of the dead (at least, not typically). You're just trying for a cheap thrill or scare.

However, I also accept that G-d gave free reign of Earth to Satan and his minions. Demons roam the Earth and mess with humans in attempts to shake their faith in G-d. We have power over them through G-d and His Son, but without them, when we open our minds and heart to such things, we can be tormented by demons. I honestly believe that if you use a Ouija board with the serious intent of contacting the dead or talking to spirits or whatever, that you're opening yourself up to these demons playing games with you. You may think it's the spirit of someone who died in your home, but it's really a demon playing your own fears against you. I watch some of these "documentaries" on hauntings, and these people usually go through a process of opening themselves up to the events that happen to them. They rarely turn to G-d until after the damage has been done, and usually it's not in prayer or personal reflection, but immediately to the Catholic church for an exorcism because that's what they've seen others do on TV and in movies.

Anyway, I didn't mean to go off on a rant. lol. I can't sleep and found this thread and started typing away. ;)

In summary, I believe that Ouija boards are only as real as we allow them to be. It's not the Ouija board that has the power; it's our hearts and minds that open our world to the demons that live among us.

Geoff

Hi Jedi,

I honestly believe that if you use a Ouija board with the serious intent of contacting the dead or talking to spirits or whatever, that you're opening yourself up to these demons playing games with you. You may think it's the spirit of someone who died in your home, but it's really a demon playing your own fears against you.

It seems your beliefs and understandings are heavily based on the Bible? That is not a good book for sources of information about the spiritual realm, IMHO.

Firstly, there are no longer any demons, (defined as fallen angels) That all finished at Pentecost. Secondly, we are all influenced by myriads of spirits, both advanced and backward. In spite of what churches teach, folks are EXACTLY the same after death, and ignorant people in life, become ignorant in death.

The Oiuja board requires a very primitive communication mechanism - essentially physical and slow. It is scorned by advanced entities, when they can communicate mind to mind. That is not to say that you cannot communicate with an advanced entity this way, but you certainly have to have the right intention. If this is a game, you will get what you deserve - prankster spirits.

Some of these entities can be attracted, and can decide to hang around. It is even possible to get an attachment. Not quite possession, but churches don't know the difference in any event.

In short, as explained fairly frequently above, by folks who do clearly know - don't mess with an Ouiji board. Indeed don't mess with spirit. You will get what you deserve. But, the universe is absolutely teaming with advanced entities trying to teach us Truth. This is the Correcting Time, and far more truth can be found coming through these days than in all the worlds "holy books"

I am new to this forum, and find the mix of people not what I would expect. If that poll is any indication?

virtualgirl

I work in a haunted building. Maybe I should bring it up here and see what I get. I've been working here for 4 years, most nights by myself. If they haven't gotten me now, I think I'm safe. The most physical contact I've ever had is "someone" tapped me on the shoulder and when I turned around there was no one there. I think they were just saying "Hello, I'm here". Hehe

Afterwards, I'll post my findings. Don't worry, I won't go flying out a window or anything. This building is an old nuclear fallout shelter. You couldn't get out of the windows even if you wanted to. Just thought I would add that.