People talking of splitting USA (red-blue map)

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 5 2004, 09:07 PM
When the NWO comes knocking on Boston's door, we will see flight, fight, and people who quiver when you mention Revere or Throeau, Lexington or Concord will be on the nightly corporate news

With what? Spit wads, or is the Mass legislature working on regulating those too. Its not the true blues alone who are going to do anything. The left vision of a revolution caried out by an emotion charged mob will die in a hail of autocannon fire and gas the second it becomes an actual threat.
The true blues may be on the constitutionalist side, but for anything to work out they are going to need those "gun rights, libertarians" to show them how, and probably provide the bulk of the skill, manpower, and know how.
Lets face it, people from Boston College don't know how to farm, survive in the woods, get their own food, fight, and they sure as heck don't know how to shoot.

The self sufficent folks out in the plains and mountain states for one, already have known for years that something like that was coming. They know how to shoot, and all I've mentioned, plus do things like build rifles, machine guns, and morters in a small town machine shop.
If these people suddenly feel betrayed by their man, thats when this grows legs.
Phil

Odd that we seem to have posted the same sort of thing simultaneously.

Oh-- I didn't see yours until after I posted mine. Sorry.

Yes, I agree with this: a revolution will not be an option for most of the socially prominent class. As usual.

Darkwolf

Yes, I agree with this: a revolution will not be an option for most of the socially prominent class. As usual.

Please clarify, who is the most socially prominent class you are referring to. The traditional types seem to me to be most prominent, but thats probably where I am.
Phil

Alyxavior

Does it really matter what Titor is/was?

Why not just be who you want to be? Create the reality you wish to live in...and let the rest happen as it will?

pauli

QUOTE:

Please clarify, who is the most socially prominent class you are referring to. The traditional types seem to me to be most prominent, but thats probably where I am.

Phil

Hi Phil,

You bring up a very important point. The difference between America and Europe is that America, for the most part, is NOT a strictly Class system sort of country. Our definitions of Social Class are a lot more fluid. People who are on the bottom rungs of society are not destined to end up there; people at the top are not destined to stay there. Someone can, through hard work and dedication, work their way up the ladder and become extremely wealthy, no matter what their background. This should be taken into consideration.

I have heard people say on other forums that Titor's War is based upon racial distinctions, class distinctions, etc. But I don't think that form of definition fits. We are not primed for a Marxist interpretation of societal dissatisfaction. (This does not mean that there are people who aren't upset about their S.E.S., but it is possible to work oneself out of their class background.) I would say, given the split in the country, what we are really looking at, is a split in differences of values systems. We have a, more-or-less, Secular Elite that is more in line with European thinking and a Traditional Religious/Conservative group that holds to the values that were established by the Constitutional framers. (I know I am going to get flamed for this one. :dry: )

Whenever I hear people talk about historical events, as if they are going to repeat exactly as they did in the past, I have to pause. Will we see another Hitler rise to power? Please, don't insult my intelligence. History might repeat itself, from time to time, but it never repeats itself in exactly the same way. Could fascism hit America? It is possible, but, again, it won't happen in that exact same way. The same is true for Communism. It could arise, but not in the same way. Fascism and Communism, the failed philosophies of Europe, are truly not that far apart in their philosophy. Both were totalitarian in nature. Both produced horrible, regimes that were anti-religion and killed millions of innocent people. It could happen here, however, don't look for it to be exactly the same. It will probably be an entirely new monster.

What I believe Titor's War is about is the difference between the Secular Left and the Religious Right. Of course, I could be wrong about this one.

Change that, it will either be an entirely new monster... or a new twist on one of the old monsters.

August

Darkwolf,

Lets face it, people from Boston College don't know how to farm, survive in the woods, get their own food, fight, and they sure as heck don't know how to shoot.

I must admit I was not expecting such a sweeping statement coming from you. But I agree with you. We New Englanders are pretty much as helpless as they come. And there are no guns here either.

Cornelia,

I thought you might agree with me. Funny though how I came to my conclusions--off the internet with a non-Titor individual's thoughts.

Alyxavior,

Welcome to TTF. You said,

Why not just be who you want to be? Create the reality you wish to live in...and let the rest happen as it will?

I agree we should be who we want to be. But I think people who create their own realities oftentimes are absorbed by larger collective realities. Kind of like Tsar Nicholas reading poetry on the day of the October revolution. He had created a reality that he was an enlightened leader in his garden enjoying poetry. The difficulty was that millions of his people were creating a different reality at that moment.

Darkwolf

I must admit I was not expecting such a sweeping statement coming from you. But I agree with you. We New Englanders are pretty much as helpless as they come. And there are no guns here either.

Don't dispair, you have Michigen, Maine, and upstate New York. Some tough people there. Learn the skills you need, then have a place to go.
I've been thinking about this, and I see the country divididing into more and less safe areas based on geography and demography.
I would feel safest depending on my faction either in the eastern seaboard megalopolis, or in the western intermountain region.

The eastern seaboard will fare better than other city areas beacause it is a huge area of city-suburb that can be resupplyed by sea if nessisary. Other places could be cut off. To get supplys to any point in the sprawl, trucks would not have to travel thought thousands of miles of ambush prone rural territory as they would to get to say Chiacago.

Rurals would rule in the innermountain states. Idaho, Montanna, Utah, Parts of Nevada, Parts of Colorado, possibly parts of Calafornia, Washington and Oragon as well. There are very few heavy roads into this area, all of which pass through many natural choke points, easy to block. This would be the first territory to fall under active Rebel controll. I would expect Utah to go first beacause they have a religiously and culturally homogenus population, an alternative government already in place, and religious prosctiptions to be prepared for something like that.

The planes are demographically in the rural camp but won't be so safe due to the fact that they are ideal for the use of tanks, air assets, and artillery. Also the federals would need to controll alot of this territory in order to feed the cities. Things could be really interasting here.

Phil.

Cornelia

Pauli,
Both produced horrible, regimes that were anti-religion and killed millions of innocent people
I really don't see what's wrong about an anti-religion regime. Seems to me that the religious regimes we are actually witnessing are killing millions of innocent people as well (and I'm speaking of christian, islamic and jewish fundamentalists).
Maybe this is the monster you were speaking about.

Darkwolf,
I know he won't say a word about it, but August's father is an honoured veteran. Maybe he can teach you something about how a Northeastern can survive and shoot.

StarLord

Cornelia,

I seriously doubt that DarkWolf needs education of that sort. However, perhaps it's the folks that live around him that might need it.

pauli

I really don't see what's wrong about an anti-religion regime. Seems to me that the religious regimes we are actually witnessing are killing millions of innocent people as well (and I'm speaking of christian, islamic and jewish fundamentalists).
Maybe this is the monster you were speaking about.

Hi Cornelia,

I never said that there was anything wrong with a secular regime. I simply pointed out that Fascist Germany and Communist Russia - as well as Communist anything be it China, North Korea, etc. - were examples of secular regimes that slaughtered millions of innocent people because of their religious affiliations. I was certainly not maligning any of the current countries who are secular in nature.

As to America, the European writer, Alexis De Toqueville, wrote that the U.S. at the time of its founding, and until recent times I might add, had been founded upon Religious principles. This is why you see the division between those Red and Blue states. There are very many places in America where this tradition holds strongly.

Have there been atrocities in Religious countries? Of course, however, the ones from the recent secular regimes far outstrip the deaths from the older Christian regimes. As to the Muslim deaths, I think they are pretty much on par with the Communists - though I could be wrong. America, however, has a different sort of spin on the religious angle than even Europe. There have been no pogroms over here. There has been the oppression and murder of the Indians, of which we should properly be ashamed, but all in all American Christianity has not taken on the destructive edge that Christianity has taken in other countries. I don't know why. (And I know for a fact I am going to be flamed now.)

Perhaps if Europeans want to understand America better, they could look up De Toquevilles book, "Democracy In America." It may be outdated, but it will give you all an insight into what/how this country was founded. It may also help explain the results of Tuesday's elections.

Darkwolf

Darkwolf,
I know he won't say a word about it, but August's father is an honoured veteran. Maybe he can teach you something about how a Northeastern can survive and shoot.

Cornelia, I know plenty of Noreasters who can do just about anything. However none have been from The elite collegite Suburban set. You'll find that most of the guys who actually put finger to trigger for this country either come from the boondocks, or the inner city. The former tend to be of a heck of alot higher quality than the latter.
As I said, Micigen, upstate NY, Pennselvania, Ohio, all produce some of the heartyest souls I've had the privelage to be stuck in the wilderness with. None of em came from the cities though. Also the populations there can be just as survival minded as any in Idaho or Montanna, they are just quieter about it.
Phil