People talking of splitting USA (red-blue map)

StarLord

Plus all of us folks that are vets. I wonder what the % of vets in the city and the ones that settled in the country look like.

Darkwolf

I really don't see what's wrong about an anti-religion regime. Seems to me that the religious regimes we are actually witnessing are killing millions of innocent people as well (and I'm speaking of christian, islamic and jewish fundamentalists).
Maybe this is the monster you were speaking about.

I see alot wrong with an anti religuous regime. One of the things America was founded on was religious tolerance. Meaning that the regime must be neither pro or anti religion, and everyone has the right to practice whatever religion wherever and whenever they so choose. (I'm not sure anti-religious is what you ment)
Phil

Bambi

I think our government was built on tolerance in every aspect!! Not just religion!!

Like Voltair said "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."

We don't have that feeling anymore we sue people left and right for our own purpose which is usually money! :lol: in the process we make laws that control other people and tell them what to do or say... examples: Smaking bans...Gun Control laws...Janet Jacksons boob..Howard Stern..<who I don't like by the way> But like Voltair I will defend his right to say what he wants and turn him off if I don't want to listen to him which I do! I could go on an on with the notolerance we have now but whats the point? It's already out of control !! All I have to say is keep making laws to suit your own needs and keep crapping on your neighbors for your own beliefes and when civil war does break out don't blame people who think you are anti tolerant and start trying to take our country back to what is suppose to really stand for!! Which is freedom for everyone not a select few!!

No tolerance = no freedoms which = no United States

simple math ???

I am not sure about John Titor but I do believe he is correct in a civil war breaking out again!! The writing is on the wall for that!! It's just a matter of how much people are going to take before it happens!! IMHO!

pauli

Just so everyone can see the division between the red & blue parts of the Electoral College map, here is a good link: http://www.electoral-vote.com/ . You will have to scroll down a third of the page before you see it though.

Here was an interesting quote: "Here is a county-by-county map of the U.S. showing who won where. From looking at the map, you wouldn't know that almost half the population voted for Kerry. It shows very clearly how Kerry's base is in highly-populated urban areas and Bush's base is more in suburban and rural areas."

Given JT's words about the division between rural and city, it gives a person time to pause and think. Just which side was John Titor on in the War?

Note Nebraska. Weren't, according to Titor lore, JT's parents supposed to have relocated there from FL? :dry:

Darkwolf

Pauli, I don't think this is republican vs. Damocrat. Look at where libertarian, constitutionalist, and other dissident groups locate themselves. Bush is not a conservative, when the real conservatives figure that out we'll see the division go the other way. Also remember that there are other forces in the federal government than the president over which he has little to no controll.

pauli

Also remember that there are other forces in the federal government than the president over which he has little to no controll.

True Darkwolf. You seem to be catching all of my inconsistencies tonight. :lol: ;)

Darkwolf

Don't worry about it, alot of people see the president as kind of an elected king, he is not.

August

Darkwolf,

You didn't catch my weapons-grade sarcasm. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And your sweeping all these college kids from the NE into one category is a dangerous way to think. This would be like me saying Colorado is full of illiterate survivalists. It would be petty for me to give you particular examples of my fellow Yankees; use your imagination.

Would it be safe to say that all wars start because someone underestimates that which should not be underestimated?

I think all Americans, regardless of background, all have a noble luster in their eye.

Darkwolf

Originally posted by August@Nov 8 2004, 06:17 AM
Darkwolf,

You didn't catch my weapons-grade sarcasm. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And your sweeping all these college kids from the NE into one category is a dangerous way to think. This would be like me saying Colorado is full of illiterate survivalists. It would be petty for me to give you particular examples of my fellow Yankees; use your imagination.

Would it be safe to say that all wars start because someone underestimates that which should not be underestimated?

I think all Americans, regardless of background, all have a noble luster in their eye.

August, didn't mean to offend you there. However when speculating on how a group is going to react as a group, you need to make sweeping generalizations. Are they 100% accurate, no. The vast majority of the east coast college kids think and act, and were raised in a certian way. This upbringing did not include shooting, hunting and survival training. They seem to think that when facing the power, being charged with emotion and a sense of rightness alone will see them through. I fear they may have another think coming.
Are some of them different. Sure
Can some of them learn to excel in a difficult and dangerous situation, Of course.
I'd expect them to be the ones to start something with extreme protest tactics, but they probably won't have much to do with finishing it.

And Aug, CO. is full of survivalists once you get out of Denver, but I've never met an illiterate one.

BrandonwasWrong

Was is Socrates who said "An angry mob is no more an army than a pile of building materials is a house?"

Maybe that fits in this situation.