The Great Sayings by the Famous and not so Famous.

TnWatchdog

Famous or Defining Presidential Inaugural Quotes

“Ask not what your country can do you for you; ask what you can do for your country.” -John F. Kennedy (1961)

"Let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyses needed efforts to convert retreat into advance.” -Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1933)

“In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” -Ronald Reagan (1981)

You can't say it any better than Ronald Reagan!

TnWatchdog

George Carlin Quotes
-The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.

-Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

-I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Time Travel

Stars, too, were time travelers. How many of those ancient points of light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone? I had always known the sky was full of mysteries—but not until now had I realized how full of them the earth was.”
― Ransom Riggs,

“We have traveled through space and time. We have been many places. Visited many worlds. And there is good news: the acoustics everywhere are terrific.”
― Libba Bray, Going Bovine

TnWatchdog

"How would it be if we discovered that aliens only stopped by earth to let their kids take a leak?"
- Jay Leno

"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."
-Stephen Hawking

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
“It’s what you do in your free time that will set you free—or enslave you.
― Jarod Kintz, This Book Title is Invisible

“I don’t know what’s in the box, but I love it. Unopened gifts contain hope.

“On average, women are better liars than men. But the best liars are men, because politicians are still predominantly men.

Samstwitch

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
~ Arthur Schopenhauer

The history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sown thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal.
~ Mark Twain

Samstwitch

The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth.
~ Edith Sitwell

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear.
~Herbert Agar