The Great Sayings by the Famous and not so Famous.

Justinian

What’s better than bacon, beer and cheese? Not much. From James Villas’ “The Bacon Cookbook” (Willey, 2007.)

BlastTyrant

There's two kinds of people in this world when you boil it all down. You got your talkers and you got your doers. Most people are just talkers, all they do is talk. But when it is all said and done, it's the doers that change this world. And when they do that, they change us, and that's why we never forget them. So which one are you? Do you just talk about it, or do you stand up and do something about it? Because believe you me, all the rest of it is just coffee house and bullshit. - Rocco, Boondock Saints 2

TnWatchdog

"There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see."
–– LEONARDO DA VINCI

"What we call life is a journey to death. What we call death is the gateway to life."
–– ANONYMOUS

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."
–– STUART CHASE

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Very Old Comments and Quotes:

1883 - American Tour by President
Mr Tunny spoke of his tour of Yosemite Valley

“carrying nearly 2 tons of impedimenta mounted on 16 mules secured under the most trying circumstances”
This tour was made 20 years before Ansel Adams was born.

1880 - Cameras
I C Burton suggested:

“We have want of some instrument far more scientific than anything we have as yet – something that will enable us to give a short exposure, say to one hundredth of a second without much more percentage of error than a moderately careful man is likely to have with a long exposure.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
The Universe

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
― Arthur C. Clarke

“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein

TnWatchdog

Stephen Hawking - “It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value”

Stephen Hawking - “I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Inner Peace on Earth

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

“Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Inner Peace with Ourselves

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
― Gautama Buddha

“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
― Dalai Lama XIV