The Latest Battery

TimeFlipper

The picture is of the 94 year old guy, Professor John B Goodenough, who invented the Lithium-Ion battery which is now the industries standard rechargeable battery...In his hand he is showing his latest battery which is a Sodium or Lithium "coated glass" electrolyte...:cool:

It charges in minutes instead of hours and the guy believes his new battery will be the break through for all battery driven cars of the very near future, in terms of cost, safety, and recharging times!..
Iam definately going to buy the next Tesla Supercar thats fitted with one of those batteries, but of course it will be much larger than the one in the picture...:cool: :D

ce09f1f210aca5f011937968cd9110db.png

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
God damn 94 years old and he hasn't even retired yet? Why does nobody seem to be concerned about that
P.S. I would only buy the battery if it were in a DRIVERLESS car (and or a flying car:p)

steven chiverton

The picture is of the 94 year old guy, Professor John B Goodenough, who invented the Lithium-Ion battery which is now the industries standard rechargeable battery...In his hand he is showing his latest battery which is a Sodium or Lithium "coated glass" electrolyte...:cool:

It charges in minutes instead of hours and the guy believes his new battery will be the break through for all battery driven cars of the very near future, in terms of cost, safety, and recharging times!..
Iam definately going to buy the next Tesla Supercar thats fitted with one of those batteries, but of course it will be much larger than the one in the picture...:cool: :D

View attachment 6285
hm in my past experiments i recharged a nmh 9 volts battery in ten seconds and it measured past its nine volts yet when you use up its power it mysteriously recharges some back as if it suddenly had a memory effect and new it needed some back so it recharged itself some of the used volts back

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

View attachment 6285

How about using it in phones? It takes ages for these things to charge.

Of course, if the Rothschilds didn't destroy Tesla's tower, we wouldn't even need batteries and chargers.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimeFlipper

View attachment 6285
hm in my past experiments i recharged a nmh 9 volts battery in ten seconds and it measured past its nine volts yet when you use up its power it mysteriously recharges some back as if it suddenly had a memory effect and new it needed some back so it recharged itself some of the used volts back
Steve, i think the 9 volt battery you charged up for 10 seconds was already slightly over the 9 volts in the first place cobber :D
most rechargeable batteries have the extra odd volt, but if you put them under load, you would soon see the batteries at their true remaining voltage mate...i always check the rechargeable batteries under load in my transceivers (y).

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok, next question, and being sick I may just be in a fog and missed it, but how long would these last for phones? For computers, they last several years, so I'm guessing these would be fantastic. Charge once and forget about it for a few years!

TimeFlipper

The new batteries will stay charged much longer than the present ones do (sadly not for years as you suggested lol), but the important part of them is that they only take minutes instead of hours to recharge them, therefore i guess our cell phones should only take maybe three or five minutes to fully recharge, computer batteries a bit longer..

Their is also a safety factor surrounding the present Lithium-Ion batteries we use that began when an aeroplane`s Lithium battery set on fire during its flight, fortunately the aircraft landed safely and nobody was injured..

I use small Lithium-Ion batteries in two of my hand held radio transceivers, i had them for a few years and guessed they needed replacing with new ones, so i contacted the dealer in China where i bought them from and he said they are not allowed to send anymore of them abroad for safety concerns...I did manage to find a UK dealer selling them, but they cost four times more than the ones from China!!

Another factor with the new Lithium coated batteries is that the amount of times they can be recharged before they start to deteriorate, is many times more than the present ones....An example is my Lithium-Ion batteries are "supposed" to be able to have around 200 recharges before they are knackered, and the new Lithium batteries should last many times longer than that...We call that durability. :).

Last edited:

Lord Henry

Even in my era, batteries were considered a folly. I'm utterly surprised how they have dragged behind other technologies so much. I also can't understand why portable telephonic devices aren't powered by wireless power transfer. The only reason I can think of that batteries are maintained is someone somewhere is making a huge heap of shillings from them.