The official gas price thread

ouch is right LOL it is rough in Texas. :eek: it has been running around $3.20 a gal so it takes a good bit just to run errands. :mad: It gets tiresome.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
three days back gas was 2.87 per gallon and yesterday it jumped back to 2.99!!!!!!! I realy hate the greedy bastards for this shit

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Crethox said:
I think I can beat you all to it with prices over here lol.

Prices for gas are around 1.60 EURO per liter. Which would be something like 2.10 USD per liter.
It gets even worse when you calculate it to gallons: 7.95 USD per gallon.

66% of the price you pay for gas go directly to the Dutch treasury, through different kinds of taxes. The highest in Europe and it wouldn't surprise me if it would be the highest in the world.

Not sure why I didn't notice your post back then. :(

Those gas prices are insane. What can you do? That's right, nothing. I knew prices were quite high in Europe, but not that high, man...

Graveyard Hound, no posts were deleted here, it's likely a post glitch. Please refer to the other thread you started about deleted posts to further discuss the issue if needed.

Crethox

That's alright Numenorean :)

And I agree with kc, i hate those greedy bastards too. A couple years back when the price of oil was low, they just anchored oil-tankers filled with oil near the Dutch harbor Rotterdam out at sea. Just to wait for the mainland to run out of oil and forcing the price to go up again, so they could gain even more profit.

As to what you can do? Well not so much to do against these oil-prices, except for using our bicycles on short distances.

By the way, the price over here has gone down a bit since my last post. At the moment it's around 1.54 EURO/liter in the region where I live.
Just looking at these prices I wish we never had gotten the EURO and kept the Dutch Guilder.

Samstwitch

TODAY IN SO. CALIFORNIA: Regular gas $4.36 gallon! :mad:
They're driving people and businesses out of California!
I was born and raised here, but now it's too expensive to live here.
Everybody's moving to Texas, including me!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Prices went down a bit here lately. About 5-10 cents lower than in the last weeks.

Still 1.35$ per liter.