The Weirdest Theory I've Ever Heard In my LIFE

AKNe

Wasn't one of the main concerns of climate change, the effect on the ozone layer and specifically the % of Oxygen in the air. The theory that as little as a 2-5% change in oxygen levels would wipe out most living organisms including humanity.

TimeFlipper

Obviously Oxygen isn't poison per se, but too much Oxygen can cause seizures and unconsciousness. Ok, Ok... too much of everything is pretty much harmful...

Read this. Pretty interesting..
"There’s a caustic substance common to our environment whose very presence turns iron into brittle rust, dramatically increases the risk of fire and explosion, and sometimes destroys the cells of the very organisms that depend on it for survival. This substance that makes up 21% of our atmosphere is Diatomic oxygen (O2), more widely know as just oxygen."

http://www.damninteresting.com/beware-the-dangers-of-oxygen/[/QUE]
Paula, In our atmosphere there is 78% nitrogen..21% oxygen and the remainder is made up of water vapour,carbon dioxide, neon and argon, which neutralizes the serious effects of too much oxygen ::LOL:::D
Life has been on the earth for millions of years..

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Paula, In our atmosphere there is 78% nitrogen..21% oxygen and the remainder is made up of water vapour,carbon dioxide, neon and argon, which neutralizes the serious effects of too much oxygen ::LOL:::D
Life has been on the earth for millions of years..[/QUOTE]

...except for what it does to our skin! Gravity and oxygen -- yikes...

TimeFlipper

Life has been on the earth for millions of years..

...except for what it does to our skin! Gravity and oxygen -- yikes...[/QUOTE]
Hey Paula speak for yourself, my skin is as smooth as a babies, of course gravity pulls skin down on your body lol ;):D