Time Travel Movies: Good or bad, post them here!

TimeNot_0

Oh, you can click on the title on top of a video to go to the utube page: for example click on "The Time Travelers" or where that typesetting is.

TimeNot_0

"Loopers" starts today (Sept. 28th, 2012) and is rated Great. One of the best sci-fi movies of the last 10 years.

So the Critics Say.
Ebert gives it an 88 (out of 100) Others give it 100, the lowest rating from the Critics was an 80.

TimeNot_0

I think that I liked "Men in Black 3" better than "Loopers". There was more humor in "Men in Black 3", although "Loopers" may make you think about it more at the end of how the story would go after the end of it, and "Men in Black 3" is probably going to be goofier in a fun way.

TimeNot_0

Another movie I seen which kind of but not really has time travel in it (which also stars Will Smith of Independence Day and other movies fame) is "Hancock". I bought that one in the bargain bin at Walmart and it is alright and different because they come from another planet in the far Past and "Hancock" has special abilities (far-fetched as they are at least to me) but thinks he is the only one like himself. At least in some parts of it (humor) you have to roll your eyes but probably not everyone will think some parts are funny probably, but in the movie they are.

Loopi

The Bearded One
BIG surprize no one said TIME BANDITS! Midgets, Sean Connory, John Cleese and Time Travel... What else could you ask for in a movie?!

Himalayan Hermit

Somewhere in Time -- one of my favorites.
Contact -- more about teleportation, I thought.
Butterfly Effect -- just very well written and explores the implications of messing with the past
Time After Time -- I can't remember the plot but loved this film as a child
Source Code -- a really good recent movie about time travel
Deja Vu -- hard to follow at first but ties up the time travel explanation very nicely.
Paycheck -- like the Butterfly Effect, well written and clever
Timeline -- memorable, I suppose "Army of Darkness" is a time travel movie too!
The Time Tunnel -- I loved "Lost in Space" and discovered this show a long time ago. Only now can we actually watch some of the shows. We have another discussion going on about the similarity of John Titor's military insignia patch and the time machine on this show.

The Caller? Never heard of it. It's a good movie?
Caller is a little known movie, Ren. I liked it.