Time Travel Movies: Good or bad, post them here!

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Star Trek: The Voyage Home was a great movie. It was very cheesy but it was great. :)

HDRKID

Here is two that not many people know of:
Time Changer
A Path in Time

Both are Christian time travel movies. The first movie, Time Changer, showed in many local cinemas. I saw it when I was in miami. It was playing in a cinema near the Dolphin expressway. Basically, the story is of a preacher who builds a time machine in the 1800's and time travels to now. He gets quite a shock with what he sees.

The second movie - A Path in Time was not as pop. Story is of two children that time travel from now to 1917. It did not show in any local cinemas. However, both are still available at your local Family Christian Bookstores as well as other titles they carry. Christian time travel is not a niche that is massive. The audience is a bit limited as the appeal is narrow. I wonder why they have not made a movie about time travelers going from now to see Christ and the 12 apostles in the roman empire.

Hey, that would be epic. Actually, not that hard since Christ probably knew Latin, so it would be easy to talk to him if you already knew {Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or French}. :)

TnWatchdog

I liked HDRKID's "Time Changer", which I have watched several times and Himalayan Hermit's "Somewhere in Time", which is a romantic time travel movie. The original Outer Limits and the new Outer Limits have had several shows on the subject of time travel.

Himalayan Hermit

Time Changer is a great movie, ignore the reviews on IMDB. I like how the Professor from old times is surprised at how uncouth the society has become now!

Samstwitch

Here's a rather recent Time Travel movie that's streaming on Netflix..."The Penitent Man". It may seem slow and boring, but keep watching...it's a trip! :eek:

SPOILER ALERT: DON'T WATCH THIS TRAILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET!

Peregrini

The Penitent Man
I too just watched this movie. It was just barely OK but I had to give it 2 stars since Netflix doesn't allow for 1/2 stars.
It was full of time travel theory cliches and was way too preachy.

Thanks HDRKID for this one.
Time Changer
This one I liked. The man from the past experiencing the future scenario. I liked the way it was played out. The traveler did not over react to what he saw. He maintained his perspective throughout. Nicely done. 4 stars

HDRKID

Here is the movie
"The Yesterday Machine" 1963

It is about a time machine built by a nazi. Please do enjoy. :)

Samstwitch

I just watched "The Final Countdown" and it was good! It's currently STREAMING ON NETFLIX. Great cast: Martin Sheen, Kirk Douglas, James Farentino, Catherine Ross, Charles Durning, etc. Trailer is posted above. Watch the movie if you can!