Time Traveler Trap

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If your mission was to catch a time traveler, How would you do it?

Could you possibly do it without a time machine? The best thing I can think of, is throwing a party for time travelers!

What kind of trap, strategy or story would you need in order to capture a time traveler? How would you lure him/her to you?

walt willis

I do NOT just follow any mission orders without first asking why!
Hitler gave many such orders and it did not save the folks that followed those orders at their trial.
THINK before you act and you may do well.
READY, FIRE, AIM?
Not all leaders are good honest people, so I would ask questions before pulling the trigger.
Just because you are paid well to do a job, would you help murder anyone that you are told to murder?
"Question Authority" as you may need to answer to a higher one later.

TimeFlipper

Could you possibly do it without a time machine? The best thing I can think of, is throwing a party for time travelers!

What kind of trap, strategy or story would you need in order to capture a time traveler? How would you lure him/her to you?
A similar point was brought up on Paranormalis a few weeks ago when Stephen Hawking threw a party for time-travellers, but no one turned up...If he cant get any of them to come to his party, i dont feel that we stand much of a chance lol ::LOL:::D

walt willis

Why not just leave them alone?
If you did catch one, what would you do with them?
Steal their time travel machine?
Turn them in to the government?
Force them to tell you the next lottery winning number?
Bad question Num7...
Your question may have triggered a response that you may not like.
I would like to advise people to not interfere with their work.

TimeFlipper

Num7 posted a VERY good question..so drop the moral standpoint..We are mankind with all our faults and thirst for knowledge..
Of course we would want to know as much as possible from any time-traveller that we could get hold of >>>>Human Nature, live with it..

walt willis

A time traveler don't care what you would like to know!
When your thirst infringes on my life, you have crossed the line fella.
Who gave you the right to control another human being?
Just try to grab me by the arm!
Num7 is a big boy and he can answer for his self, unless you have a strange kind of relationship?

TimeFlipper

How do you know what a time traveller wants anybody to know are you a mind reader?? :D
Im not infringing on your life, human nature is doing that :p

You have serious issues Walt...:eek:
Have fun, i wont be replying to you again :p

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

They already find me. :ROFLMAO: Ok, ok, it seems the impostors find me.

You wouldn't be able to trick a real one. This is a major assumption, but I would definitely hope a person with a time travel device would be intelligent and wouldn't allow him or herself to be trapped in the first place.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Why not just leave them alone?
If you did catch one, what would you do with them?
Steal their time travel machine?
Turn them in to the government?
Force them to tell you the next lottery winning number?
Bad question Num7...
Your question may have triggered a response that you may not like.
I would like to advise people to not interfere with their work.
Come on man, we're discussing for the intellectual exercise and entertainment. You don't have to agree with the question, no one's forcing you to.

The question I'm asking assumes you are given a mission and that for some reason you have to capture a time traveler. Imagine you have to catch an evil TT who wants to mess up our worldline. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that...

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
In theory if an evil TT tampered with our timeline then we would not know if we were on the same line as the tamper after the split.

It would be a bad idea if you were a TT to attend a party for time travelers not because I would be worried that Stephen Hawking or one of his boffins would jump out and grab me but because it would be an obvious place to start if I were a negative force looking to trap a TT and steal my device or knowledge.