TimeBenders machine ideas.

Frog186

Everyone
Hi I just wanted to tell you all I have found some stuff around the house I found three radios small ones two work and the last one doesn't I will be doing something with them as well but first comes the remote control device then I will fool with the small radios later on well I will go to radio shack saturday or sunday and buy the stuff I need in order for the controller to work if anything happens I will tell you my own experiences if nothing happens then I will not report it well this is good for now I will chat with you all later on and good luck to you all in building and using your own skills!

Ralan

So who is going to be making the thing?

What's been described seems plausible, but I also got the feeling that it is going to take a long time to put together.

Pictured above are three Tesla coils that I have built over the years.

Phoenix

I think Rob wants to put it together. He just wanted to know dimensions and sizes.
Rob wants to go with a Trever Hale based design so these should be helpful.
TreverHale
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 07:51 PM
Alot of wire and some timers, I recently though of an imporved design that would use fiber optics to time when the coils turn on and off rather than measuring out a bunch of copper wire. The basic theory behind the whole thing is to move at light speeds with out really moveing. so the fabric of reality \"see's\" the machine moveing even though its not.

TreverHale
Posted: Sep 19 2003, 06:57 PM
The machine is a disk shape and every thing in the center of the disk and a small surounding area out side of the disk will be affected by the time dialation. All of this is the simple stuff. getting the field to move at the speeds that are needed is kind of a huge pain in the ass, there is allot of math and it is all dependent on how large you want the device.
It basically comes down to getting the electomagnets to turn on and off in order
Like I said I used the wire going to the magnets for timeing. Now I got lucky and \"came across\" a cecium timer and used the signal out of that ran it down the cables to the coils.
each cable needs to be spasificaly measured to get the coil to turn on at the exactinterval after the coil befor it turned on. And that is why the device is in the shape of a disk so when the last coil shuts off the first coil turns on again, not like you could tell the flick on and off dosens of times a nanosecond.
I think I have a way of using multiple cheeper less accurate timers to make the signal that I would need to get my device working again IF the cecium ever crapped out.
TreverHale
Posted: Dec 10 2003, 09:18 AM
Actually the Relays, are electro magnets no big diff really. and it moves a magnetic feild at light speeds.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Another good way to test one of these machines out is to put an hourglass inside there. If it's really slowing time down, then we'd be able to see the effect it has on gravity as well.

Also, maybe drop a penny or something into this field, see if it stops when the machine is on?

Phoenix

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Jul 23 2004, 12:25 PM
Another good way to test one of these machines out is to put an hourglass inside there. If it's really slowing time down, then we'd be able to see the effect it has on gravity as well.

Also, maybe drop a penny or something into this field, see if it stops when the machine is on?
In a TreverHale Design that wont work. The slowest a thing will go due to relativist time dialation is normal speed.

With Time Benders machine, yes that would be a good test.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Here's the text from that page, in the event that it becomes unavailable.

Temporal Stasis
Shifting an object inward through the fifth dimension causes the object to experience less time in each temporal cycle. This has the practical effect of slowing down the aging process of the object.

To understand the effects of such temporal stasis, assume that a person (call her Ms. Still) has a fifth-dimensional temporal stasis field generator with an effect radius of two meters and a temporal dilation ratio of one-to-thirty compared with the rest of the world. That would mean that while within the stasis field her wrist watch would record the passage of only one minute for every thirty minutes recorded by a wall clock across the room.

The effects of temporal stasis are exactly opposite those of temporal acceleration as discussed above. Ms. Still's inertial mass will increase thirty times, making it very difficult to start or stop moving, or to change direction. Also, from her slowed perception, objects would seem to fall thirty times faster; an object that normally takes one second to fall to the ground would take only one-thirtieth of a second to fall according to her watch.

Likewise, light entering the stasis field would shorten in wavelength, becoming blue-shifted, so everything on the outside will seem to have a bluish tint in Ms. Still's perception. But while she experiences only one minute of time, thirty minutes worth of light energy will have entered her stasis field from the outside, making everything on the outside seem much brighter to her.

Due to the increase in her perception of gravity, Ms. Still would not be able to walk while in the stasis field; in fact, she might be crushed by the increased gravity even while lying on a bed. It is therefore necessary for people and other fragile objects within strong stasis fields to be suspended in a tank of liquid or gel, so that they are not crushed by gravity. These tanks, known a tempostats, would also shield them from the thirty times more light and radiation from the outside to which they would otherwise be exposed.

Despite these harmful physical effects, in a properly constructed tempostat, with an oxygen supply, a person could survive in temporal stasis with a ratio of up to one-to-one thousand (i.e., the person in stasis would age one year for every thousand years that passed in the outside world). Solid inanimate objects can be subjected to even stronger temporal stasis fields, aging just one year for every hundred thousand or even million years that passed in the outside world.

Aside from its preservative effects, temporal stasis technology has a variety of other uses. A tempostatic grenade with an effect radius of three or four meters could incapacitate an enemy on the battlefield, both by slowing him down and by increasing his relative gravity and inertial mass.

HackimerRob

Well, I'm working out some schematics and plan on bulding a cheap prototype and getting together with a friend to incorporate some electronic timing devices just to simply see what it might look/feel like and if I can get a spinning magnetic field going. (Speed of light spin will be the next step, and likely the electronic portion). I'll keep you updated. I've been doing some housework in my free time that was needed (weed the garden which was horribly overgrown etc) and that's been taking up much of my...TIME>... but I definitely will keep you updated.

Frog186

Rob Hackimer
Hi Rob it's Frog I just wanted to say keep up the great job your doing I am trying to build that remote control device so I will be doing alot of stuff with that in my sparetime don't worry I had to do work around the house too so your not alone so could you tell me about your device that you are inventing or building? I can't wait until your finished with it then you could probably time travel that is why I am trying this remote control thing in order to have more time shift or time phase experiences or actual time travel I know it might sound stupid or dumb to you and others but I believe it will work or happen if it doesn't then I will have to work harder anyways here is what I did today I took apart the remote then I ran one metal piece to it and the light turned on I put other little stuff to it and it worked also one of the little stuff made the light blink on and off and continously so that is a start at least I think I am going to do more tests tommorrow nothing has happened yet except for one thing in my house the tv was shorter in size as in width and not height so I haven't jumped or anything like that I will have to see in the morning if anything changed it is nighttime here too dark to do anything anyways good luck with your project and I hope you do time travel or make your project successful well I have to go to sleep now I will talk with you later!