Titor Right Again (Google Demands Your Number)

Ren

He mentioned several times about the loss of privacy and the police state.

Well guess what. Google has frozen all my GMail and YouTube accounts until I give my phone number. Is this just me or for you too?

Time to ban Google.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Ren

I stopped using Google a few weeks ago. The search function is being censored.

Himalayan Hermit

Well guess what. Google has frozen all my GMail and YouTube accounts until I give my phone number. Is this just me or for you too?

Time to ban Google.
Never heard such a thing. Could be a one-off tied to your account activity. Almost everything you do on net is watched thru cookies, not just Google

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I had them ask for my phone number as well, but I had the choice to give them, or to continue using my account without a phone number. It all has to do with your account security rather than your privacy. Google is already watching you anyways, so I don't believe it harms your privacy that much after all.

I transfered all my emails and contacts to Gmail a short time ago. I was tired of the clunky and very slow MS Hotmail. It was a complete mess.

Einstein, what search engine are you using, Bing?

BlastTyrant

You can shut off the safe search in google.....and i gave google my cell just for the simple fact i can never rememebr all my passwords, makes it quick and easy to get em reset. besides when our Gov can watch every step we take and monitor everything we do i don't care if they monitor my online habbits. Let em leave notes for me in my blog for all i care lol.

BlastTyrant

Honsitly most sites you visit track what you do, i actually don't know of a single site that dosen't, if you don't want to be tracked and recorded then stay off the internet "not to sound like a douche or anything"

Ren you sure youdidn't set-up your phone # as a security question? I get that alot from people.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I had them ask for my phone number as well, but I had the choice to give them, or to continue using my account without a phone number. It all has to do with your account security rather than your privacy. Google is already watching you anyways, so I don't believe it harms your privacy that much after all.

I transfered all my emails and contacts to Gmail a short time ago. I was tired of the clunky and very slow MS Hotmail. It was a complete mess.

Einstein, what search engine are you using, Bing?

I use Yahoo and Duckduckgo. I don't like the way Bing is laid out. I believe you can turn off all tracking in Duckduckgo. Of course you could do all activities through a proxy if you are concerned about privacy.

kurisu

Time to ban Google.

I know when I log into youtube on one of my account it asks me for my phone number but, I have had that account since youtube started just when it asks you for the phone number go back to youtube.com and, you'll be at the normal youtube again.

HDRKID

What I did was go to Radio Shack and got a phone that was on sale - $9.95 and I gave big g that number. I bought it in miami. However, I do not live there - make sure to give them a valid address. They will send you a message. It takes a few secs. Then you have to type that message in.

John Titor was right - they are clamping down more and more. Debunkers are wrong. Well, you will soon see. :)