Titor's 2001 Predictions Compared to 2011 Curent Time

HDRKID

John Titor predicted the demise of both Yahoo and Microsoft.
(6) Do companys like Microsoft, Yahoo!, and other internet software companys still exist?
No.

Today for the first time in its entire history Microsoft has a loss. This is not a good sign. They have all kinds of excuses. Well, so did GM before they declared bankruptcy. In fact, debunkers were laughing right up to the last minute saying that they would pull thru, but we know how that story ended - don't we.

Microsoft reports first quarterly loss as public company after write-down of ad business - The Washington Post

Yahoo has been reducing its work force and cutting back for years. It is a shell of its former company.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Interesting. I doubt this loss will affect the company on the long run, but you never know uh.

Peregrini

I wonder if we should stop calling what Titor said "predictions". They are actually, if at all true, statements of what "has" happened from his point of view, and yours if you believe him. Predictions are made by someone who is looking into the future...not from it. Just a thought.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I wonder if we should stop calling what Titor said "predictions". They are actually, if at all true, statements of what "has" happened from his point of view, and yours if you believe him. Predictions are made by someone who is looking into the future...not from it. Just a thought.
I agree with you. I don't think he talked about predictions at any given time. I don't remember the original conversations but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to predict anything in the first place.

Samstwitch

I agree with you. I don't think he talked about predictions at any given time. I don't remember the original conversations but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to predict anything in the first place.

Agreed, but what word would you use to describe what JT said about the future? "Forecast"? We all know he wasn't predicting, but we need a word to describe what he said. "Prediction" is not exactly accurate, but it's close enough for me. Perhaps JT's information fits into the "etc" category in the definition of "prediction". If someone can come up with a better word than 'prediction', please share with us. I say, in the meantime, 'prediction' or 'forecast' will have to suffice.

Or perhaps someone can come up with a new word, such as..."FUTTICTIONS" (Future + Time Travel + Predictions)

DEFINITION OF PREDICTION: "something predicted; a forecast, prophecy, etc."