Media UFO engages Russian Meteor

TnWatchdog

We might have to wait for the next shot at earth to see what happens...Just a thought, I know it's a lousy one...lol. We will know if the aliens are here to help or have abandoned us when the next one hits. On the bug in the camera lens theory...it might be too cold for the bugs to be out but then again maybe not.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
IF the meteorite was molten than your explanation shows merit. However putting both videos together hints towards another explanation. Again the first video shows the small object dip down before moving up and into the larger mass. Yes the first video is choppy but that doesn't discredit it's relevance.

It could be air turbulence as the object moves just outside the wake zone and then bounces off the turbulent air and moves back inward. Lots of things could be happening considering that this thing is coming toward the earth at twice the velocity it would need to escape earths gravity. At that speed I'm surprised the whole meteor just didn't bounce off the atmosphere and head back out into space.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
We might have to wait for the next shot at earth to see what happens...Just a thought, I know it's a lousy one...lol. We will know if the aliens are here to help or have abandoned us when the next one hits. On the bug in the camera lens theory...it might be too cold for the bugs to be out but then again maybe not.

In another hundred years. That's how often they have been saying a big one like this comes around. Of course by then we will have ground based magnetic repulsion beams to deflect any wayward asteroid coming this way.

TnWatchdog

In another hundred years. That's how often they have been saying a big one like this comes around. Of course by then we will have ground based magnetic repulsion beams to deflect any wayward asteroid coming this way.
I am going to get a couple of cold ones and sit on the porch and wait it out...only 100 years, I may still be kicking. Maybe the ISON comet will get our attention later this year, but with this topic in mind...many smaller rogue intruders could pop in at any time. I look up at the vast sky at night and realize we can't predict everything that is out there and wouldn't be told if the big one was coming. This is an interesting thread and I appreciate all your input on the subject.

Octavusprime

Well one thing is for sure. If that object did not go through it, there would have been a much larger impact. Immediately following the break up is when the meteorite starts burning up at a faster rate. The large smoke plume forms once the mass has been compromised. I wonder what damage would have been done if it hadn't been blasted apart....

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Have you considered the possibility that this meteor was behaving just like a giant pressure cooker. Or a kernel of corn on the fire. Eventually so much internal pressure builds up from the externally applied heat that an explosion is the only way to relieve the pressure. So that anomalous object probably wouldn't have made much difference. Maybe a couple of microseconds more.

BlastTyrant

Okay i am going to put this "lens flare" to bed since it is such common knowledge. This is a lens Flare
@1:25

Notice the movement, Color, and well all around obviousness of it being a lens flare, Now Since we are educated on what a lens flare is, lets move on to other theory's.