What About Your Other Self?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
When you travel to an alternate timeline that is very similar to our own, what do you think happens to your other self from that other timeline?

Does he/she switches timeline with you and ends up in your original timeline? Would that make sense? Or is it more logical to simply consider there would be 2 versions of yourself in the destination timeline?

What do you think?

Krish

Honestly, I do not think such a thing happens in real world basis. But can happen in a perception basis....I have been through that many times. I even thought that my future person injected me with certain information as they were different and somewhat advanced...

Then I asked the question and got the answer that perceptions can happen like a pseudo simulation. Because perceptions can move through time forward and backward...that information can be passed on. Some perceptions are actual life scenarios in the future. Most people do not get that perception fully well because of checks and balanced in the creation process. Only those who work for "you know who" (they do not know the truth) can visualize much more detail.

TimeFlipper

Using Dictionary definitions may help us here..
Alternate, meaning things can be changed without affecting the main purpose...like changing Presidents without the need for changing the idea of having a Presidency..
Parallel, meaning equal or the same...

In an Alternate Dimension we can change the past without upsetting the history of this dimension we are in, therefore we travel to this Alternate dimension physically and vacate this dimension...With Astral time-travel we can visit another Alternate Dimension and make "psychic changes" or contacts with other people also on the Astral Plane, leaving our physical bodies in this dimension....However in a Parallel Dimension we would never know if we had ever moved to it because everything in it is identical to this dimension..:)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hmm, your take on the difference between a parallel and alternate universe is very interesting. Surprisingly, I never attempted so analyse it in such a literal way, I like it! :)

correction123

Well, if you would like to know what I experienced with the SuperBeacon lately was parallel time jumping into the past and future and present timelines. It is easy when using radio waves to accomplish such a feat! Once you lie down you will awaken fairly quickly and you will see your other self either successful monetarily or unsuccessful or just plain simple. If you want to know why one of them that is "You" is monetarily successful you just focus and jump right into that body!

Again the device makes it easy to do! I have the HDR 1995 model and I couldn't in the last 15 years go to the same place twice let alone jump into my other self! It fits like a glove!

Velotak

In my experience, "switches" like that occur both for the you that is switching, and the you that gets switched out.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I tend to agree with you, it's the most logical (and perhaps convenient) way to look at it.

I'm wondering how the other you would experience it. Would it be like walking up that morning and oops! The milk you bought last night is no longer in the fridge? And other such subtle changes?

Velotak

I'm wondering how the other you would experience it. Would it be like walking up that morning and oops! The milk you bought last night is no longer in the fridge? And other such subtle changes?

Due to the fact that I think this has actually happened to myself, I am inclined to say yes, because I've seen such things firsthand. The first I ever saw was a large bottle of soap suddenly be on a counter, when the soap wasn't there before (or even bought). I'd say the most drastic "walkthrough" I've experienced was the time a friend was pregnant and then not, and I'm not talking about a false positive here- I interacted with her afterwards and she had given me a quizzical look, and had informed me that the original test had been negative, too.

I live in a weird world.