What made you interested in time travel?

paradox404

I remember replying to this thread but apparently I haven't... I could swear there was like 2 or 3 pages as well... 0-0

In fact the only post I recognize from this thread is Einstein's, which is slightly different but carries the same message as the one I remember.

What the hell is going on... Even the divergence number on my facebook profile has changed 0.00600%. Knew I know there was a reason I didn't feel right lately...

So. Many. Altervu's. Lately.

Anyway I'll post words to the effect of what I remember posting:

Not exactly sure where exactly I picked up my interest. I remember when I was younger I used to be obsessed with science, and space travel. One day I found out that ships could theoretically travel through time if they were going really fast. I'd guess it would have stemmed from that point.

I remember hearing a few years ago that some man called the police a few days before 9/11 and mentioned explosives in the building, however the twin towers were search and no evidence was apparently found... Supposedly the cops couldn't track down the guy who made the call either. (From memory the guy vanished without a trace.) Haven't been able to find any references to it in this world line so far though... Hearing about that story made me give it a good go at researching it. Then I found out about John Titor and subsequently my favorite anime, Stiens;Gate.

Last edited:

Lumbergooz

so good to see others motives to TT; myself, I always hated the fact that we come to this life against our will, then we have to struggle to make a life, and after all the achievements, our reward is to decay and go thru a humiliating, miserable, slow & painful death. Add to that when I see someone abusing someone else in a position that I cannot do anything about it...so, where are all the Gods we hear and read about? why do they let humans & animals shred each other like butchers & for what ? I never believe in suicide because it is the tool of the weak, so There has to be another way out...maybe TT

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
so good to see others motives to TT; myself, I always hated the fact that we come to this life against our will, then we have to struggle to make a life, and after all the achievements, our reward is to decay and go thru a humiliating, miserable, slow & painful death. Add to that when I see someone abusing someone else in a position that I cannot do anything about it...so, where are all the Gods we hear and read about? why do they let humans & animals shred each other like butchers & for what ? I never believe in suicide because it is the tool of the weak, so There has to be another way out...maybe TT

In case you didn't know, we are the gods. Being all seeing and all knowing for all eternity has its downside. Sheer boredom comes to mind. So all the souls combined forces to create the universe. The universe is our playground. Where we can escape from being gods.

Lumbergooz

@Einstein: I dont wana switch ths in2 a filosofikal debate, althu, i love ur approach folks exposing some deep thots...if we wr the gods we wudn t be ALL struggling. Trust me, even the rich & famous among us struggle watching over thr wealth & appearances, trying 2 live longer, or get a kidney donor..look at Rokefeller..he is a collage of other humans parts, & still struggling 2 live longer.... if we were Gods we wudn t need 2 rest, use a bathroom, or a surgery after a car accident. we wudn't see a man amput or a hungry orphan..we wudn t see ppl beheading ppl over som silly ideas or money...Being a god means enjoying constant satisfaction, health, feeling of joy & perhaps immortal or having the prvlge 2 switch ourselves off without any pain or drama.
@TF: thx 4 the song, refreshing indeed:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
@Einstein: I dont wana switch ths in2 a filosofikal debate, althu, i love ur approach folks exposing some deep thots...if we wr the gods we wudn t be ALL struggling. Trust me, even the rich & famous among us struggle watching over thr wealth & appearances, trying 2 live longer, or get a kidney donor..look a Rokefeller..he is a collage of other humans parts, & still struggling 2 live longer.... if we were Gods we wudn t need 2 rest, use a bathroom, or a surgery after a car accident. we wudn't see a man amput or a hungry orphan..we wudn t see ppl beheading ppl over som silly ideas or money...Being a god means enjoying constant satisfaction, health, feeling of joy & perhaps immortal or having the prvlge 2 switch ourselves off without any pain or drama.
@TF: thx 4 the song, refreshing indeed:LOL::LOL::LOL:

When it's all done and over with, you can think back to this post and enjoy the thrill that you were once mortal. And relish every moment and every aspect of mortality. If you think about it, being mortal and not knowing is everything an immortal soul might wish for. Quite possibly we all wish for something we don't presently have.

I didn't originate this belief. I sort of borrowed it from ET.

LilLdyBg

@Lumbergooz
But you see we are in control of these actions, by being good and doing good.
All of these ideas you have of gods is just societally based, and fictionally based... our bodies are the most amazing of creations. Especially if you view them in the eyes of evolution. Not that we were just placed here all seeing all knowing. But that we evolved into these amazing beings. It has taken many years of growing and evolving to get to the point we are at this time... yet many people are still clouded by small minded ideas and petty bull. There is so much more and we are capable of so much more if we could all only realize what really matters and not what society and media tells us is important...

Lumbergooz

@Einstein: I agree w u..being immortal may not b a great thing, & can be deadly boring...but dying sik, sloly in pain, & perhaps in humility, tells me 4 sure we aint no gods.
@LLB:leme try convince ya, there aint no such thing as Evolution..We were sofisticated beings 100s of 1000s yrs ago...ever since we were created by God if u wish, or brought here frm other galaxy....its just that during the last few 100s yrs, elite monsters among us became kings & leaders & burried all that...read a book called (forbidden Archeology) & watch (the mysterious origins of man) that NBC paid a heavy toll for airing it. they show evidence that evolution theories r all swineSht..we made UFOs, free energy & free food 1000s of yrs ago..now a bunch of parasite elite enslaved us 2 stay rich while we eat each other 4 survival..

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I agree w u..being immortal may not b a great thing, & can be deadly boring...but dying sik, sloly in pain, & perhaps in humility, tells me 4 sure we aint no gods.

Think of it as an experience that no immortal being will ever get to have. But becoming mortal and not knowing makes death an experience that will be looked back upon probably with great joy. So any kind of death would be acceptable to an immortal being. Just put yourself in the shoes of an immortal being. You can't die! No matter how much you may want to.