What made you interested in time travel?

Ayano

I remember replying to this thread but apparently I haven't... I could swear there was like 2 or 3 pages as well... 0-0

In fact the only post I recognize from this thread is Einstein's, which is slightly different but carries the same message as the one I remember.

What the hell is going on... Even the divergence number on my facebook profile has changed 0.00600%. Knew I know there was a reason I didn't feel right lately...

So. Many. Altervu's. Lately.

Anyway I'll post words to the effect of what I remember posting:

Not exactly sure where exactly I picked up my interest. I remember when I was younger I used to be obsessed with science, and space travel. One day I found out that ships could theoretically travel through time if they were going really fast. I'd guess it would have stemmed from that point.

I remember hearing a few years ago that some man called the police a few days before 9/11 and mentioned explosives in the building, however the twin towers were search and no evidence was apparently found... Supposedly the cops couldn't track down the guy who made the call either. (From memory the guy vanished without a trace.) Haven't been able to find any references to it in this world line so far though... Hearing about that story made me give it a good go at researching it. Then I found out about John Titor and subsequently my favorite anime, Stiens;Gate.
Another Steins;Gate fan! I'm so happy... I was always interested in time travel, but it wasn't until I watched Steins;Gate that I really began to research it. The anime has a lot of factual references; thanks to it I learnt about John Titor. I actually came here whilst searching for the "Time Travel Forum" that Titor was part of. I liked it a lot here because a huge range of subjects were discussed, not just about time travel but other interesting things!

paradox404

I remember replying to this thread but apparently I haven't... I could swear there was like 2 or 3 pages as well... 0-0

In fact the only post I recognize from this thread is Einstein's, which is slightly different but carries the same message as the one I remember.

What the hell is going on... Even the divergence number on my facebook profile has changed 0.00600%. Knew I know there was a reason I didn't feel right lately...

Not exactly sure where exactly I picked up my interest. I remember when I was younger I used to be obsessed with science, and space travel. One day I found out that ships could theoretically travel through time if they were going really fast. I'd guess it would have stemmed from that point.

I remember hearing a few years ago that some man called the police a few days before 9/11 and mentioned explosives in the building, however the twin towers were searched and no evidence was apparently found... Supposedly the cops couldn't track down the guy who made the call either. (From memory the guy vanished without a trace.) Haven't been able to find any references to it in this world line so far though... Hearing about that story made me give it a good go at researching it. Then I found out about John Titor and subsequently my favorite anime, Stiens;Gate.
Another Steins;Gate fan! I'm so happy... I was always interested in time travel, but it wasn't until I watched Steins;Gate that I really began to research it. The anime has a lot of factual references; thanks to it I learnt about John Titor. I actually came here whilst searching for the "Time Travel Forum" that Titor was part of. I liked it a lot here because a huge range of subjects were discussed, not just about time travel but other interesting things!

The amount of factual references in Stiens;Gate is insane, it must of taken them years to compile all the information into something useful for the anime. I sometimes wonder how they decided on the side effect for the Reading Stiener, as I have experienced something similar back in 2013/2014. No pain in my head but I clutched it as if it was, everything had a purple haze around it and on one occasion I saw an entire store transform in front of me.

That said, one of the other things that made me obsessed with time travel was when I started realizing dreams I had when i was younger were premonitions of events that would occur within 10 years of seeing them.

Interestingly enough last month I had a premonition that I would meet someone that appeared to be cosplaying as Kurisu at some convention, with me cosplaying as Okabe (*cough* I mean Hououin Kyouma! *cough*). Not really sure what convention it was but I know where it is held... I do know that I have to meet this person within a year or two though, so I'm quite looking forward to it. :D

Ayano

I remember hearing a few years ago that some man called the police a few days before 9/11 and mentioned explosives in the building, however the twin towers were searched and no evidence was apparently found... Supposedly the cops couldn't track down the guy who made the call either. (From memory the guy vanished without a trace.) Haven't been able to find any references to it in this world line so far though... Hearing about that story made me give it a good go at researching it. Then I found out about John Titor and subsequently my favorite anime, Stiens;Gate.

The amount of factual references in Stiens;Gate is insane, it must of taken them years to compile all the information into something useful for the anime. I sometimes wonder how they decided on the side effect for the Reading Stiener, as I have experienced something similar back in 2013/2014. No pain in my head but I clutched it as if it was, everything had a purple haze around it and on one occasion I saw an entire store transform in front of me.

That said, one of the other things that made me obsessed with time travel was when I started realizing dreams I had when i was younger were premonitions of events that would occur within 10 years of seeing them.

Interestingly enough last month I had a premonition that I would meet someone that appeared to be cosplaying as Kurisu at some convention, with me cosplaying as Okabe (*cough* I mean Hououin Kyouma! *cough*). Not really sure what convention it was but I know where it is held... I do know that I have to meet this person within a year or two though, so I'm quite looking forward to it. :D
That would be so nice! The weirdest thing is... I'm rewatching Steins;Gate right now and I actually had a thought.. when I'm older I'd like to cosplay Kurisu with a friend who would cosplay Okabe and go to Comicon together.

paradox404

That would be so nice! The weirdest thing is... I'm rewatching Steins;Gate right now and I actually had a thought.. when I'm older I'd like to cosplay Kurisu with a friend who would cosplay Okabe and go to Comicon together.

That's an interesting co-incidence, that's how I got the idea to go as Okabe as well, although I went to EB expo and no one knew Stiens;Gate there. I'd love to go with others dressed as the other characters but unfortunately none of my friends cosplay lol. (Was gunna try to see if I could get my friend to go as Daru but he said that he wasn't gunna cosplay.)

I should go to comicon someday, there was one recently but I missed it... :(

Heart broken mom

What made me interested in TT was wanting to go back and stop my son from getting in a car with an idiot that killed him. I'm buying a HDR machine. I hope it works. Doing nothing will not bring my son back I have to try everything and anything to try. I know there's more to this world then the bubble we all live in I believe there's a lot more out there I've always been open minded to this but really had no need to go back until now for my son. I have to try.

paradox404

What made me interested in TT was wanting to go back and stop my son from getting in a car with an idiot that killed him. I'm buying a HDR machine. I hope it works. Doing nothing will not bring my son back I have to try everything and anything to try. I know there's more to this world then the bubble we all live in I believe there's a lot more out there I've always been open minded to this but really had no need to go back until now for my son. I have to try.

If there is a painful memory in your life, the best thing to do is to put it behind you and move on. Dwelling on the past will not help your plight. Even if you are able to get a chance to change the past, there is no guarantee that it will change. Besides, the you that initiates the process will never forget the period of time that your son was dead for. The other point here is, if you went back to the time before your son was killed, how do you know you were not the event that caused it? The universe has a habit of creating logical paradoxes. The paradoxes can be incredibly stupid with no particular purpose whatsoever.

Things happen for a reason, unfortunately the means to the ends can be incredibly cruel. I can vouch for just how cruel fate can be. I sometimes wonder why the things that happened to me, happened to me. No clue why other than the person that did them was a complete and utter... You get the message. Its entirely possible that what happened proves to be an incredibly important part of my personality in the future. I may not find that out until it happens.

I'm not saying give up, I am saying that trying to alter the event may not be possible or it might make it that much more painful for you. That said, should you decide to pursue changing history to save your son I wish you the best of luck.

Lumbergooz

@paradox404 : easy said than done..many ppl around us r destroyed by bad memories..they try hard 2 put behind & come bk 2 life..but in most cases, the pain just doesnt go away...i hav met homeless, beggers ho used 2b rich n famus..but the sudden death of dear one, or a very bad event, crushed their drive 4 anything.....some suggest hypnoTherapy, where they can replace the bad memories with other details...but i think that s another distilled frogS**t...TT if not suiside, is the only way out..

Heart broken mom

Paradox404 I appreciate your opinions and thoughts. My son was getting a ride to work because his car was being fixed and the coworker that was giving him a ride was speeding he had really bald tires he passed on double yellow lines the car spun around and hit a tree and killed my son at the scene. I have talked to people I have gone to gatherings I have gone to church groups I've done it all. My kids are my world I can not just let this go I have to try. My grandson is 5 he turned 4 two days after my son was killed he misses his daddy so much. He says to me grandma can we go to the store and buy some blood and bones to put daddy back together and will you help me grandma. I said o honey it doesn't work that way he said please grandma. A couple of weeks ago he said I miss daddy so much I said I know honey we all miss him so much then he said I wish someone could put daddy together and he could come down with a parachute. My son was a wonderful son, father, brother. Along time ago when I've seen shows where parents had lost there child I would always say o my god I couldn't handle loosing one of my boys I live for my kids they are my whole world. You may or may not understand the depth of this but its the only thing trying to go back so my son will be here I don't care if we would be in a different time line as long as my family was all together again. I thank you for listening to my story of hell.