What Makes You Believe in Time Travel?

Anonynez

I find it awesome that there are people who think more that our dreams are another dimensions. I also believe that our mind travel between realities all the time but because this is the most important reality for us, we like to forget most of the things we observe and ecperience in other dimensions.

When we die, do we just think that this was just a dream?

I absolutely agree with this. I often say that our body is merely a vessel that our soul inhabits. If we are so inclined, or enlightened enough, I believe that we have the ability to travel laterally or in some astral form. The down side to this for me personally is that when I have these dreams, I wake up feeling like I never actually slept. I'm exhausted from the subconscious journey that I've just returned from. However, I also feel that there are vast differences between working out unfiltered thoughts that lay in your subconscious through dreams, and interpreting those dreams therapeutically, versus having OOB experiences in which you can physically feel, smell, see, taste, hear.

For example: Imagine you had been thinking of changing jobs, and then you overheard a coworker discussing the possibility of leaving the company that you work for. While commuting home, you see an expensive sports car on the highway and you think to yourself, "Oh man that's cool!". Then subsequently, that night when you go to sleep, you have a dream about you and your coworker commuting to a new job in that expensive sports car, but in the back seat is a very large snake. You're petrified of snakes. So, you jump out of the car, which then wakes you up. Well, this could merely be interpreted as a dream of collected thoughts throughout your day that are weighing on your subconscious, and the the snake could simply represent change or the fear of change, as snakes in dreams often do represent that. This is basic Freudian/Jung dream interpretation. This is a basic dream or subconscious thought.

On the other hand, if you have a dream in which you are in a place that seems familiar, the people in this dream know you, you somehow know them, and there is a specific feeling or emotion that coincides with this dream, then this type of dream is what I would consider to be traveling to alternate dimensions, timelines, worldlines, hexadents, whichever you prefer to call them. These dreams have the ability to take a physical and emotional toll on the body and the mind, sometimes even having a very profound long term affect on an individual.

Many people have no idea that this is a possibility because they're not open to the idea of it. I am very open to the idea of dimensional travel while the pineal gland is secreting trace amounts of DMT. It has been widely studied, and one of the most common occurrences amongst test subjects have been visions of hexagonal walls and/or Platonic solids, and the feeling of having traveled somewhere else entirely separate of their own existence.

Gatekeeper

I believe that there is a possibility to physically travel forward in time. This can occur by being displaced out of normal time such as the conditions described in when approaching the speed of light or being frozen and thawed out at a later day. As the universe is continuing to expand, there is opportunity to foresee what the next point of arrive would be in the flow of time and space. With such knowledge one could leave at any one point occurring today and arrive at some predicted point in the future which the universe would expand or reach too. Now in going in reverse in a whole different matter on trying to physically travel back to a point in time and space where the universe one existed.

Voyageur

@Anonynez

very good description of different kind of symbols in dream. If we see for example a monkey in a dream, it does not really represent that you have discovered a monkey's planet, it can e.g.tell you that some aspect of you (or some people around you) feels as stupid as monkey in some situations. Usually we expand ourselves in dreams. If I see an old man beating a young kid, it can tell that some old fashioned, out dated habit stops me to hear new thoughts that would make my life better.

as I see it, it is more that we all search other dimensions, and in 5D we usually put these symbols into our experiences. But the thing is that most of us think that these worlds are just "not real and not important". But if we really want to shift dimensionally, I think we need to start think differently about our dreams.

Eddy_P

I do not "believe" in Time Travel.
I came to the CONCLUSION that 'Time Travel Back to the Past has (somehow) taken place' based upon presented evidence:
such as late 20th century computer technology being found described and depicted in many ancient texts; where the writers of some of those ancient texts report a man in a bright light appearing with a strange apparatus and showing and telling them 'of things from the future'.

My October 2014 Paper entitled "Searching Ancient Texts for Evidence of Computer Technology" reveals where computer technology is described and depicted in several ancient texts.

Link to download Paper (part 2): Read Paper 2

"Finding evidence of modern computer technology described in ancient texts - is evidence of Time Travel Back to the Past" - Ronald Pegg

Last edited:

Deejay

@Deejay - Interesting theory. ButyourNum said, dreams can't be the product of one's imagination alone. I personally believe when you fall asleep, your spirit wanders off into other dimensions, and what you are dreaming is actually an alternate reality or something of the like.
I didn't say it was a product of or even use the word imagination.
I said that it is your temporal lobe reasoning out what could, should and will be. I even used the phrases "alternate reality" and "alternate dimension". I'm sorry if I was not clear enough in my explanation.

Pcemakr

A lot of us are time travel enthusiasts for some reason. I'm wondering here what those reasons are.

What makes you believe that time travel is real and what convinces you to keep believing?

While I'm a pretty down to Earth person, I really like to believe that time travel is possible. I can't present you a precise reason as to why I keep believing it's possible, but nothing yet convinced me that time travel isn't possible. I want to believe.

What makes you believe in time travel?

I believe in time travel but, I think that my belief in it differs from most. I don't believe that if you go back in time, you would create another time line. I believe that if you were to create a time machine in 2020 and go back to 1996. The results of that trip has already happened. I do believe that history is written in stone, so to speak and that it can't be changed because it already would've been. I also believe that when people have "supernatural experiences" some of them may be a result in an energy resonating after they have left. In these situations, the energy or "ghost" isn't something that can be interacted with, it's just something that can on rare occasions be witnessed.

I also think that if time travel is something that does become widely accepted and available, it would be so governed that going back in time would be greatly restricted due to the fears of possibly altering and destroying history. Going forward in time however, would possibly be more accepted as the idea of our having the access now would mean that we would likely have it in the future still and could have minimal consequences. I suppose if this happens however, gambling on sporting events would have to stop.
I don't like to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like you're trying to debunk and/or discourage the ideas of time travel and changing history (for the better, of course). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to debunk anything at all. I'm just airing my thoughts. I very much find time travel fascinating. I want to believe that it's possible and I'd love to travel through time. I guess when I really think about it, I don't believe that it's really been discovered yet. I can't say that I believe John Titor really came from the future or anyone that has claimed to come from the future really has but, I'd like to believe that it's possible. What I was saying, is that I don't believe that if someone travels back in time, it would all of a sudden create an entirely new dimension or time line. I think it's a little presumptuous to believe that a person can just create an entirely new universe just because they went back in time. I believe that time is a static thing. Like a block of stone, if you move from one side of the stone to the other, you didn't create a whole new block of stone. Nor did you change the stone at all by being on another side of it. I don't mean to put down anybody else's beliefs in this either. This is just my thoughts on the subject and I'm perfectly open to other people's ideas. In some aspects, I want to be wrong. I want to be able to go back in time and spend more time with my grand parents and possibly be able to extend their lives so that I would have more memories of them.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I believe in time travel but, I think that my belief in it differs from most. I don't believe that if you go back in time, you would create another time line. I believe that if you were to create a time machine in 2020 and go back to 1996. The results of that trip has already happened. I do believe that history is written in stone, so to speak and that it can't be changed because it already would've been. I also believe that when people have "supernatural experiences" some of them may be a result in an energy resonating after they have left. In these situations, the energy or "ghost" isn't something that can be interacted with, it's just something that can on rare occasions be witnessed.

I also think that if time travel is something that does become widely accepted and available, it would be so governed that going back in time would be greatly restricted due to the fears of possibly altering and destroying history. Going forward in time however, would possibly be more accepted as the idea of our having the access now would mean that we would likely have it in the future still and could have minimal consequences. I suppose if this happens however, gambling on sporting events would have to stop.
I don't like to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like you're trying to debunk and/or discourage the ideas of time travel and changing history (for the better, of course). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to debunk anything at all. I'm just airing my thoughts. I very much find time travel fascinating. I want to believe that it's possible and I'd love to travel through time. I guess when I really think about it, I don't believe that it's really been discovered yet. I can't say that I believe John Titor really came from the future or anyone that has claimed to come from the future really has but, I'd like to believe that it's possible. What I was saying, is that I don't believe that if someone travels back in time, it would all of a sudden create an entirely new dimension or time line. I think it's a little presumptuous to believe that a person can just create an entirely new universe just because they went back in time. I believe that time is a static thing. Like a block of stone, if you move from one side of the stone to the other, you didn't create a whole new block of stone. Nor did you change the stone at all by being on another side of it. I don't mean to put down anybody else's beliefs in this either. This is just my thoughts on the subject and I'm perfectly open to other people's ideas. In some aspects, I want to be wrong. I want to be able to go back in time and spend more time with my grand parents and possibly be able to extend their lives so that I would have more memories of them.
Oh, I see. I'm sorry I misunderstood you. Most of those points you just made look very plausible to me. In other words, those make very good sense. :)