What time are you in?

HDRKID

If you time travel to the future or past, how do you tell when it is? What time are you in? I look at cars. That way I know what decade I am in. This is a good example of what you see in the 50's.

To get an example of what 2050 looks like, gaze on this one.

10_3roues_Corbin_Sparrow_stpz.jpg

Rounded look is back in. Yeah, the more things change, the more they remain same.

TnWatchdog

I'd luv to have a few of those cars from back then...for sure! Maybe we could start a business...go back in time and bring back some oldies but goodies.
Edit...I hope to rounded look of 2050 doesn't run into the square look dump truck.

HDRKID

Actually one of my favorite times is the 1920's - the jazz age.

There were plenty of cars.

TimeNot_0

Those old cars and trucks took lead in the gasoline, something they do not have in gasoline anymore. They would not run unless upgraded or you put back the lead in the gasoline. And lately it seems I have no time since this Planet rotates every 24 hours around the Sun and someone stated we have to follow that time schedule.

Time, what time?

Ren

Cars of our near future will be wide four wheel drive hard top roll cage jeeps -- hybrids that run on a variety of fuel (conventional for emergencies), electric (see Tesla Motors) and solar (used to run the dash board). They also float. Some are capable of hovering over swamp and water for a limited time. They have manual controls and 2d touch controls. We do not have flying cars for the masses, sorry to disappoint Star Wars and 5th Element fans. You still have to be a highly trained pilot and air space is restricted. We don't use hydrogen fuel cells. That never happens.

HDRKID

Hi Timenot:
That is not so. My dad has an old car. It works fine on unleaded. Ask anyone that restores old model T Fords what they use for gas. BTW, no ethanol in the fuel as that corrodes old parts so use the citgo gas. :)

Here is the timeline I want to go to - right away!

badass-465x320.jpg

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
HDRKID

I had a 1971 Pontiac Grand Prix that needed lead in the fuel to lubricate the valves. As I recall lots of the cars from that time used lead in the fuel to lubricate the valves. If the lead was removed, the valves would burn up. Many of the higher performance engines from that time were made that way. People that wanted to keep cars with those kinds of valves had to have upgraded valves installed or junk the car. But not all cars needed the upgrade. Just those specifically built to require lead to lubricate the valves.

Ren

Iam in 2012. :rolleyes:

We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy!

You know that dream of yours, Pam? It reminds me of this song.

I'm listening to o/~ Hunting high and low, only for you. High. There' no end to the lengths I'll go to find again upon this my dreams are depending through the dark Do you know what it means to love you. And now she's telling me she's got to go away! I'll always be hunting high and low. Only for you. o/~