Where are all the hoaxers?

Condar

Re: Where are all the hoaxers?

Honestly lets think about this if Time Travel has happened and someone has mastered it I have two questions:

1) Why are they not the ruler of the world right now.

and...

2) Why are they not the richest person in the world right now?

Thats it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

causality paradox, that's it !

Maybe the actual richest person is a time traveller from another timeline.
Maybe the actual secret ruler of the world is a time traveller from another timeline too.

Maybe.... ....ok, you're right :eek:

I mean, IF there are time travellers, we don't know it.

Num7 :)

Condar

Exactly... and heres a paradox for you... what if I told you yesterday I went back in time and I killed JFK.. you would say bullshit that other guy did. And I knew that before yesterday too!

Ah but the paradox would change your whole perspective on that, hell you wouldn't even say that up there. You would just know it.. and believe you've always have known it. That right there blows my fucking mind.. always had ever since the first time I saw back to the future.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Exactly, the problem about changing the past is the perspective you get after doing so.

Also, if we consider that the universe is working to avoid paradoxes, there would always be something to stop you from telling me that information about JFK.

It's nearly impossible to get a proof from a time traveller. Too bad !

Num7

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, that's right.

We will probably never know it, but it's in my sense the best possible theory regarding time travel. It's paradox-free, you can change the past almost like you want, but you can't change your past self.

Condar

Yep... but then again what good is changing the past in a world you don't belong to anyways? Unless you can make it good for yourself, but then there would be two of you in that world, depending of course on how far you go back. And heres something weird, if there are two of you... would killing yourself be murder or suicide?

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Murder, because in your point of view, you're killing someone else. Your only killing your equivalent in another timeline.

If you believe in worldlines, changing the past would mean a change of timeline. each decision you take creates a new timeline. If you change the past and go back to your present, you will get in the present associated to the new worldline created when changing the past. That's what I understand about timelines/worldlines.

Num7:)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Hahaha!

I completely forgot how batty some (read: most) of his stuff sounded. I remember how he tried to predict Star Wars Episode III and Coke Blaq. Good times.