Where are all the hoaxers?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Where are all the hoaxers?

Yeah, that's it, he (Frog) was always asking strange questions, always the same ones... And buying books and junks. I remember him always asking members to reply to his PMs, all the time...
I was about to forget : He's doing very-very long sentences.
"well have a nice day etc etc" lol. That's exactly what he was saying out of nowhere to put an end to his post.

They must bethe same person.

Num7

gonzogirl

A typical pm would be .." Hi how are you today.I am fine. I washed the windows and bought some energy crystals online and thats all. What did you do?..Can I have a pic? I promise I wont make fun of you. Have a nice day!"
I felt he was trying to screw w my head..I obviously dont care who makes fun of me..I make fun of me all the time!

Do you remember..Maggot? He said once to me.."shut up or I will slap the breakfast outta your mouth!"
Even tho he was rude I thought that was funny and I still say it sometimes........

Chip Lewis

gonzogirl said:
A typical pm would be .." Hi how are you today.I am fine. I washed the windows and bought some energy crystals online and thats all. What did you do?..Can I have a pic? I promise I wont make fun of you. Have a nice day!"
I felt he was trying to screw w my head..I obviously dont care who makes fun of me..I make fun of me all the time!

Do you remember..Maggot? He said once to me.."shut up or I will slap the breakfast outta your mouth!"
Even tho he was rude I thought that was funny and I still say it sometimes........
Maggot was friggin hillarious! It always bothered me having to ban him...but sometimes he was downright mean, and violent.

gonzogirl

Well he was a cage fighter..remember:rolleyes:
I had a feeling he was about 17 yrs old.
or a very immature 24 yr old..anyway..I think youall banned him right as I started a warm and fuzzy type of convo with him and then POOF! hes gone!..I'll never know how nice he could have been but that would have just ruined his rep!

Oh yeah back to hoaxes..I think the best is the Titor saga.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Yeah, I remember Maggot, he was rude with many posters. I think he still posts on hdrkid's forum. He was deffending the kid if I remember.

If Titor is a hoax, yeah, it's the greatest. Nobody heard about him for many years, and there are still debates about him. Nice story though.

Num7 :)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Maggot! I remember him... Sorta. ;)

Whoever did Titor did a good job though. They knew when to leave it alone and properly disappear. A lot of the ones you used to see on TTF/TPN were people who didn't know how to answer vaguely enough and/or when to call it quits and let people wonder.

Either way, it seems like we're long over due for something of that nature, whether it's here or anywhere else.

Keroscene

I got a PM from Frog once asking me if I was a time traveler. I thought it was the weirdest thing. For a split second though I was tempted to run with the idea. Well I responded no and a asked him why he would think I was a time traveler. I never gave the impression I was a time traveler, I thought anyways. He never answered me back but I thought it was a weird question for me.

I felt kind of bad the time a did a perma-ban on the Maggot. He was kind of funny when he wasn't being a jerk, but the guy just wouldn't stop with the blatant insults. All Starlord had to do was mention some kind of cereal and maggot would fly off the handle at him. Apparently, maggot really hated cocoa puffs.

I thought Yardsticks hoax for the most part was entertaining, it doesn't get mentioned much but I thought they put forth a good effort. I don't think yardstick was ever really trying to convince anyone as much as they were just having fun. Yardstick was something else with the "Do shut the fuck up" all the time to Starlord. Just unacceptable. I remember a couple time I edited Yardsticks posts as was customary at the time, and Yardstick went back and edited my edits. I left it they way they edited it, I didn't think it was a big deal, but i thought it funny they edited my edit. Those were the good old days.

I'm just waiting to see ihatemindcontrol on here. I hope that dude is doing okay. I think I remember Chip was making some progress with him, at least to where he was getting him to communicate so that sometimes it was understandable.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

The best thing ever done in the Titor saga was when he disapeared. Instead of getting back and being debunked, they just stoped it. They let us wonder about the whole story. As you see, it's working, we're still talking about it here, and in my opinion, it's still interesting :)

I think I remember ihatemindcontrol... the username at least. Wasn't he strange a bit ? Not sure, it's been a while. Frog was easier to remember. lol

The HDRKID thread was cool, when you was about to read the new posts, you just knew that nothing could prepare you to what you were going to read in there !!!

Num7

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
Maggot! I remember him... Sorta. ;)

Whoever did Titor did a good job though. They knew when to leave it alone and properly disappear. A lot of the ones you used to see on TTF/TPN were people who didn't know how to answer vaguely enough and/or when to call it quits and let people wonder.

Either way, it seems like we're long over due for something of that nature, whether it's here or anywhere else.
Maybe we will have another Titor soon! Read this > TIME TRAVEL

Harte

Chip said:
Maggot was friggin hillarious! It always bothered me having to ban him...but sometimes he was downright mean, and violent.

I agree. Remember the comment about a poster's "portobello mushroom"?

I like to have died.:D

I greatly enjoyed going behind Maggot's posts and providing a "translation."

Harte