Debate Where would you go?

HDRKID

Better yet WHEN would you? The favorite is the 1950's followed by the 1920's jazz era. People using time travel where would you go? Any time period that is a favorite of yours? Tell me why this time is the best one. :)

ss-100208-miniature-model-PostCard.ss_full.jpg

Peregrini

Where would you go or To when would you go?
Your question reminded me of the Star Trek TOS episode, All our yesterdays.
Here's a similar plot. While this is my own idea, by combining other ideas, I can't say no one has thought of it before. I'm not aware of it though.
Imagine, in our near future, the Government knows of an impending disaster that can not be avoided. There is no way to leave the Earth in a ship fast enough to reach an inhabitable planet and save humanity. The only option is to develop time travel and send all the people to "earth of the past". To preserve the time line the people under go a procedure that wipes their memory of any salient knowledge of advanced technology. Yet the procedure isn't perfect and there is residual latent erudition. (There got some of them college words out of the way)
The people are distributed according to their preferences through out the earth's past. The people of the future become their own ancestors. Depending on their place in the past and the available natural resources, their latent knowledge is awakened. These awakenings are scattered through out history so they have a cumulative effect. The stone age, bronze age, iron age, and effectively the renaissance comes a little sooner than in the "previous past". Now, imagine we are in an endless loop of these events. This might explain Deja vu, the apparent explosion in technology concerning computers, etc. Each time around we gain on our previous knowledge and advance through the ages faster. Alien technology in the past? No just evidence of our memories returning but not having sufficient technology or resources at that time to do any thing with it. Maybe "next" time around. How many time loops have we already accumulated? Might this explain the discoveries of previous advanced cultures that for some reason have disappeared?
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Been there. Done that."
I know this needs work but it does make one think.

About 323 B.C.E. to met this young king of Macedonia, or however it's spelled,named Alexander . "The Great" apparently got added on after he had just about conquered the known world at that time.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
My list would be too long to list!!

My three top choices would be:

1. Visit Albert Einstein in the late 40s. I personally own copies of his hand written notes on relativity. I would talk about Time Travel and relativity theories when visiting Einstein.

2. I would visit the Great Sphinx when it was a male lion and when the area
was a jungle, long before the Egyptians inhabited area.

3. I would return to the legendary Atlantis, I believe I spent a few lifetimes there is a scientist.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Better yet WHEN would you? The favorite is the 1950's followed by the 1920's jazz era. People using time travel where would you go? Any time period that is a favorite of yours? Tell me why this time is the best one. :)

ss-100208-miniature-model-PostCard.ss_full.jpg

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
HDRkid I really love your great picture. it like being back in the late 1950's or early 1960's. Is this from one of your time jump's?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
1450's America to learn first hand of the Cherokee ways, and see this land befor it was destroyed by the so called progress that soon fallowed:cool: