Debate Where would you go?

Samstwitch

I'd go to 30 A.D. to find and follow Jesus. I can hardly wait to meet Him in person, but I'm in no rush to enter into the Afterlife at this time due to loved ones here on earth.

Paradox

Well, if I were to go BACK in time I would probably go to to the 1800's. Not to see anyone or talk to anyone, just because I feel drawn to that time-period. Especially from 1800-1880. Maybe I once lived in that era? :p Who knows ?

On the other hand, if I were to travel forward in time, I would first travel to 2013 just to see if the world really "ended" hehe.
Then probably check out 2200 and over. To see how technology has developed.

If there was just 1 and I mean 1, it would be Jesus. there is so much written about his latter life, around age 30-32 and his death, but so little of his middle years, say 18-30, to see how His parents related to his "divine nature", what lay ahead, and what He thought all about it and what He meant to the rest of mankind in the future. It is just about as close as talking to GOD as one is going to get.

Crethox

Hmm hard to pick something, I'm curious about many timeperiods. But I think I would first go back to the period of the germanic tribes before Christianity spread. Somehow I feel a strong connection toward that era.

Samstwitch

If there was just 1 and I mean 1, it would be Jesus. there is so much written about his latter life, around age 30-32 and his death, but so little of his middle years, say 18-30, to see how His parents related to his "divine nature", what lay ahead, and what He thought all about it and what He meant to the rest of mankind in the future. It is just about as close as talking to GOD as one is going to get.

You will find more information about Jesus in "The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden" in the 'Lost Books' section. It is a compilation of Biblical Apocryphas.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I seriously have no idea where or when I'd go if some time traveller offered me a free time machine ride.

I think I'd like to stop a little bit everywhere, now and then. Perhaps visit the near and/or far future as well, why not? :)

Samstwitch

If I had a second Time Travel trip...I would go back in time and prevent the murder of my true love. Life was never the same after that happened...(but I'll meet up again with him in Heaven...he's showed me that in my dreams)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Faith and hopes of a better future makes you think again when you come to consider changing the past, given you have a chance to.

I wonder if someone would be able to say no to a time travel opportunity. I think we all have a little something we'd like to see, change, experience, etc.

Crethox

I can understand the need to want to change that part of history Sam. Then again changing history is not always for the better in my opinion.
Not to compare life-experiences, but it allows me to explain my opinion.

I had a rough childhood, because of my father. But to say I would go back in time and erase him out of our lives somehow wouldn't be for me an option. The experiences I had in my past, the bad and good ones made me to who I am today.

You can never be certain if you would change the past (even a tiny bit) what the outcome will be of that change. Maybe it causes a dramatic chainreaction which is even more horrible than what you had to live through in the first place.