Debate Where would you go?

lordalmighty1

hmm its difficult to pick 1 time to go back too... i guess for me the ultimate period would be before bruce lee died, to train in martial arts with him for a year or 2 would be awesome :). but failing that then i would travel back to the time of stonehenge construction

Samstwitch

If I could go back in time, I would tell my young self that I was born with an incurable deadly hereditary blood disorder, that if not treated would seriously disable me and shorten my life. :eek: And if I could travel back to the time of Jesus, I would touch the hem of his robe to be healed. Life is like a box of chocolates...

louise1341

If I could time travel my gut reaction would be to travel back to various points in my families history to find all those unanswered questions that my genealogy research has found! Such as why my 3XGGrandma was born in Scotland! Who was the unknown father of another of my ancestors? I've always had a clear idea in my mind of what these people looked like and what kind of people they were and I'd love to know if it's just a figment of my imagination or if I somehow have a link to the past.

I'd not go to the lengths of interacting with them unless I had no choice (I've seen Back to the Future) but the fact that I am a small part of these people but have never met them really interests me.

yellowfish

Where would I go? The answer for me would be to go back to my past and start again. Why? Because i would make a success of my life knowing the things I know now. however I I can remember a self that was happy in the 30's 40's I get glimpses of my past life but not enough to trace it further.

Reactor

Better yet WHEN would you? The favorite is the 1950's followed by the 1920's jazz era. People using time travel where would you go? Any time period that is a favorite of yours? Tell me why this time is the best one. :)

Well I would stop at first every ten years on my way to the past. Then I would stop every 100 years till things stopped changing so much. Then I would stop every 1000 years. I would check out the chicks in every space-time stop and check out the food and booze then be on my merry. My ultimate stop would be where there are no people at all what so ever where I could do my research in piece and quite and have my favorite real estate location to live at without paying taxes and again without having to deal with other people. I would travel forward in time once in a while to get out of town for a while maybe do a little vacationing then go home to the past to my piece and quite.