Forum Game Word Game - Lost in Time

TnWatchdog

I remember that all gas stations were full service. They would pump your gas, check your oil, and wash your windshield...all the way around. That is what you call full service. We would load up on the free road maps while they were doing their thing. There were a lot of things, like this, that were better from the past...now it is the I don't give a shit attitude!
Endangered full service gas station

Tim Tott waits for a customer at his Sioux City station, Tott's Auto Center, on Nov. 30. It's one of the few full-service fueling stations in the region.

They still do it for you in New Jersey, it's State Law. You can't pump your own gas. If you miss it, feel free to give it a go, minus the oder from Jersey the experience is quite refreshing.
That is strange...I thought self serve gas was everywhere. I haven't seen anyone pump your gas in my area as all are self serve, debit, credit, or pay inside. They won't let you pump your gas first and pay later, due to too many drive offs.

TnWatchdog

images

Kids today, never have to deal with THIS little, pointless minutes of waiting. Whether it was rewinding your Tape or your VHS/BetaMax ... Countless minutes/hours were regained.

Thanks CD's/Laserdisc/DVD/Blu-Ray
I had forgotten about this rewind thing. This use to drive me crazy, but I always did it unlike a few lazy people out there! When I had to rewind a tape before I played it...aggravation, now that really pissed me off!

TnWatchdog

article-2238754-16380EE9000005DC-293_634x431.jpg

The high tech of the old days: Liverpool FC and England footballer Steve Heighway and a woman playing the computer tennis game Pong on the Videomaster games console

article-2238754-1638CE0B000005DC-566_634x466.jpg

Atari's Home Pong console, released through Sears in 1975: A far cry from today's all singing, all dancing motion sensitive video gamesentertainment systems
Pong is over 40 years old, launched by Atari in 1972...For all who remember playing it when it first came out, this thread is your new home...lol We are becoming lost in time!

TnWatchdog

'Star Trek' Phaser Goes For $231,000 At Auction
Reuters | Posted: 04/07/2013 2:19 pm EDT

r-STAR-TREK-PHASER-large570.jpg

April 7 (Reuters) - Set phasers to sell - and sell big.

Captain Kirk's "Star Trek" phaser gun from the second pilot of the wildly popular 1960s television series sold for a hefty $231,000 on Saturday in Los Angeles, Julien's Auctions said.

The phaser, created at the request of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry for use by William Shatner, who played Kirk in the beloved sci-fi show, had been estimated to sell for about $50,000, but achieved more than four times that including commission.

Other extraterrestrial highlights at the two-day Hollywood Legends sale of hundreds of costumes, memorabilia, props and other items included the "alien survey buggy" seen aboard the Nostromo in the 1979 movie "Alien," which sold for $10,625, and a complete costume worn by Anubis, played by Carlos Lauchu, in the 1994 movie "Stargate," which sold for $16,250, more than three times the estimate.

An archive of autographs from Academy Award winners fetched $15,625, while a 1966 Imperial Crown car nicknamed the Black Beauty built for the 2011 production of "The Green Hornet" movie sold for $46,875. It was the only one of several versions left intact after production, Julien's said.

Old Hollywood was represented as well. Claudette Colbert's "Cleopatra" cape from the lavish 1934 Cecil B. DeMille film sold for $5,625, while a Munchkins flowerpot hat from 1939's "The Wizard of Oz" made $15,000.

Fast-forwarding to the 1980s, Christopher Reeve's "Superman IV" flying suit sold for $25,000, in line with the estimate.

Items connected to film siren Marilyn Monroe continued to draw interest some 50 years after her death: a nightshirt fetched $15,000, a bra from "Some Like It Hot" sold for $28,125 and a one of her cocktail dresses soared to $25,000, more than four times the estimate. Monroe's Capo di Monte cups and saucers sold for $17,500.

TnWatchdog

Play those old records. Sometimes I hear a song on a radio with the scratch skip sound in it, from what I had listened to at home. I had a lot of scratches on my albums.
hammacherportable.jpg

TnWatchdog

I remember phone booths that were everywhere and waited in line at the drive up pay phones, which are all gone...for the most part. I plan to get a phone booth and refinish it for my man cave. I don't have a land line but would get one again just to get the booth operational.

phone_booth_66th_04.sized_1_.jpg