2004 Elections

CaryP

2004 Elections

Has this suddenly turned into the "US Draft" thread? Fine with me if it has. I just want to know what the hell we're talking about.

Cary

Unintentional

2004 Elections

Well, it drifted into a draft discussion because I said I like the Libertarians in almost all their positions, but on their web site, they said if Bush is reelected, the draft will be reinstated. I have never seen or heard of any evidence that Bush wanted to reinstate the draft. Kerry of corse is on both sides of that position, but all bills introduced in the house and senate have been introduced by democrats only and do not have a single republican co-sponsor. If not a single republican co-sponsors either bill, it will not even get a vote. Clearly, at least in the house and senate, democrats are saying: Vote Democrat and we will reinstate the draft. The republicans have been silent on the issue.

CaryP

2004 Elections

Originally posted by Unintentional@Sep 7 2004, 04:58 PM
Well, it drifted into a draft discussion because I said I like the Libertarians in almost all their positions, but on their web site, they said if Bush is reelected, the draft will be reinstated. I have never seen or heard of any evidence that Bush wanted to reinstate the draft. Kerry of corse is on both sides of that position, but all bills introduced in the house and senate have been introduced by democrats only and do not have a single republican co-sponsor. If not a single republican co-sponsors either bill, it will not even get a vote. Clearly, at least in the house and senate, democrats are saying: Vote Democrat and we will reinstate the draft. The republicans have been silent on the issue.

I'd be willing to wager a sizable sum that no matter who gets elected, we're gonna have a draft next spring. You can't fight ongoing global wars with the limited military we have now. Both candidates are part of the same NWO that has this as their agenda. Both are posturing now to get elected, but the agenda is the same. Spin doctors can always change policy once in office. Why get caught up in election hype? It's all BS, isn't it? Do you really believe a career whore politician's campaign promises? Do you know how to tell if a politician whore running for office is lying? His lips are moving.

Cary

Anoah

2004 Elections

Cary I think you are exactly right. Phoenix everything you quoted about how bad an idea the draft would be (examples cited) and how a lot of the rumours going around are simply rumours is all very correct. There are a lot of false rumours going around about an immiment draft, and there are numerous factual examples as too why it would be a terrible idea with catastrophic results. But you know what, that is all irrelevant. If you look at where there this global war on terror is headed you can see clearly that a draft is inevitable. Really, it should be as plain as day.

Unintentional

2004 Elections

We should do what the UK military did and force conscription on other countries. Then we can say we have truly come full circle! UK became insufferable 200 years ago in almost the exact same way America has today.

For example: Americans find insufferable government in UK and form own colony, rebel from UK and form own country, citizens become complacent, then dependant, then apathetic towards new American governement. America becomes insufferale, now where do Americans go? It makes me wonder, what Americans would have done if they didn't have the choice to leave the UK.

Unintentional

2004 Elections

Getting back to topic, I am mostly pro-liberty.

My biggest problem with democrats is their cornerstone philosophy which is take from the rich and give to the poor. They want the government to provide you with nearly everything they can promise. Who pays for it? The people who can already afford such things. This is not pro liberty. It is a philosophy that has proven to cause dependency upon the government. Once someone gets kicked off unemployment, you know what happens? He gets a job! If you extend unemployment benefits, you know what happens? He stays unemployed longer. Help those who need help due to no fault of their own and as for others, if they don't work, they don't eat! I was raised to believe that a family should only occur after a man and woman marry. What is the number one cause of people living in poverty? Single parent homes! I pay taxes. Why should my taxes go to help someone who in participating in behavior I was raised to believe immoral and abhorrent?

What I like about the greens is their election reforms. Fully federally funded elections and instant run offs. You choose you 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice every election. If no one has 50% then the candidate who got the least votes gets dropped and his votes go to the 2nd choice who the voter picked when they picked him for their first choice.

I haven't really got a big beef with the republicans. Their biggest problem is that they have let their opponents define them. i.e. Since Democrats are pro-poor, Republicans must be pro-rich or anti-poor. I have found no evidence this is true. Republicans seem to be spineless as of late and willing to cave in and water down what they say they truly believe in all too quick.

I think I fit most squarely in the Libertarian category. I will probly vote Libertarian, unless it looks like Virginia will be close. In that case I will vote for Bush.

If I have to choose between Kerry and Bush, I would much rather choose Bush. Much discussion has been said lately that the is very little difference, but face it, there is a 99.999999999% probability that the next president will be Bush or Kerry. If Kerry wins I believe our enemies will be emboldened by the willingness of Kerry to be more sensitive fighting islamic extremist. (his own words, not mine) I don't believe this war was made up to secure Bush's reelection. Face it: it was already in it's execution and planning stages when Clinton was president.

Knowing what Kerry has said and done, how do think he would have done if he was president the last 4 years? How could you have even guessed or known what he would have done? This man, Kerry, changes his mind over a corse of weeks. One example: Three weeks before Bush ordered a rearrangement of troops in Europe, Kerry proposed the same thing. After Bush made his plan public Kerry is against it suddenly, saying now is not the time to abandon our allies (even though Bush's redeployment would take 10 years and it is basically what Kerry proposed).

People say Bush lied, people died. Hey you know what? Kerry said he would have invaded Iraq anyway if he was president even if he knew their were no WMDs. Of corse no surprise Kerry has reversed himself once (or was it twice) since he said that.

And of corse, Kerry is a democrat. Even though the richest 15% earn 33% of all income they pay 53% of the income tax burden. To Kerry (and democrats) that is not enough. Like I said I am for liberty. Taking from one group against their will and giving to another is not my thing.

sosuemetoo

2004 Elections

Uni, let not your heart be troubled...as Sean Hannity says ;)

Originally posted by Unintentional@Sep 8 2004, 07:46 PM
My biggest problem with democrats is their cornerstone philosophy which is take from the rich and give to the poor.

I agree with you. As a small business owner, in the lower tax bracket, it seems like all the Democrats want to do is take away from those that are making an honest living and give it to the deadbeats who do not want to go out and get a job. There are jobs out there, even if they are temporary to feed a family. In desperate circumstances (and I've been there), there is public aid. But we, in America have three generations of welfare recipients. We spend money trying to train them to get a job, but they get more money staying at home and watching Oprah then the they do working for a living.

I haven't really got a big beef with the republicans. Their biggest problem is that they have let their opponents define them.

Yes, but I see this to change because of the RNC Convention. Bush had a "bounce" and now he is on the offensive.

I think I fit most squarely in the Libertarian category.

I hope you won't do that, because this splits the vote. We saw this when Pero was in, it split the vote and the Democrats won. Vote for who agrees with your feelings, the majority of the time.

People say Bush lied, people died.

Bush didn't lie. He made a decision based on the intelligence that was given to him. It was the same intelligence that Clinton had, and he decided not to act. He did not feel it was important enough, and then we had 9/11.

I know that people on this forum will not agree with me, and that is okay. I just feel that my family and I are safer with Bush. I do not want to go through another 9/11. Almost anything that we can do here in the US to prevent another, is fine with me.

"Mom"

Phoenix

2004 Elections

I hope you won't do that, because this splits the vote. We saw this when Pero was in, it split the vote and the Democrats won. Vote for who agrees with your feelings, the majority of the time.
I could counter with, I hope you don't take Susan's advice. It is precisely this kind of thinking that marginalizes third parties and disenfranchises the will of the people in democratic representation.

Actually, I don't think it matters this election. The tracks seem pretty set of it being Bush or Kerry, and if Alexander and Maxwell are to be believed this election will be closer and messier than the last and a conspiracy will be accused of the winning party involving the practice of gerrymandering. More than likely the electoral college is going to come under attack as well.

Alexander and Maxwell warned us not to believe any information about 911 that surfaces later on. Maxwell came back to take a poll on the movie Fahrenheit 9/11. Johnson told me in a PM this recent movie event is going to have a greater impact on the future than the life of a president.

Anoah

2004 Elections

Where did they say not to believe any info about 9/11 that surfaces later on? I think I missed that somewhere. :D'oh: